Sarfraz ODI batting stats since the Champions Trophy '17

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by KingOfDoosra, Jan 19, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Sarfraz
    Matches played: 25
    Runs: 251
    Average: 19.30
    Strike Rate: 76.06

How long will we carry this guy in our team?

He occupies a cruical position in our batting team and is supposed to be finishing games for us but instead becomes the reason for our losses. Even today he triggered the collapse we had towards the end. Luckily Shadab and Hafeez held their nerves this time.

On the other hand these are Hafeez and Malik's stats since the CT yet they are always at the target of the media?

Malik
    Matches played: 23
    Runs: 531
    Average: 35.40
    Strike Rate: 81.81

Hafeez
    Matches played: 13
    Runs: 348
    Average: 34.80
    Strike Rate: 80.55

When will we realise that the problem is Sarfraz and not the top 5?

2. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Can you include the opposition + venue for these three players too?

3. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    All of them played the same matches, against the same oppositions, at the same venues, so I don't see your point?

Hafeez in fact missed out the series against Zimbabwe aswell, so I rate his stats even higher than Malik and Sarfraz's, but if you are interested in looking up for such a stat, then you are free to do so.

4. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Whispering Death

Oct 5, 2014
    The thing is our line up will basically stay like this for the world cup with some minimal changes in the lower order... sarfraz is a massive worrying factor.. He occupies the crucial lower order position which has a massive value in ODI as more often than not the lower order is expected to finish the chase or take the score to a higher level in death overs.. He is occupying the hitter position yet he struggles to build innings and can't smash pace for hits...

His woeful perfomance is a burden on the team as well as on himself and the worst part is that if you take him out then who else is captaincy material? Malik? Hafeez?

5. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Can't do much about it. We will need to carry our captain as a baggage in the team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    No need to get defensive which is not surprising given your strong affinity for Shoaib Malik.

Just wanted to see if they played vs. the same opposition and same place to judge the stats presented.

7. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    I actually just mentioned that Hafeez has been a better batsman for us than Malik since the Champions Trophy

This isn't a pro-Malik thread. Malik also had his moments especially in the Asia Cup but Hafeez has been a stand-out performer for us. In his last 15 innings he averages 40+ with 50s against NZ (away), India (neutral) and SA (away).

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    either sarfraz has lost his batting skills, or he is struggling with the responsibility of captaincy. those stats are ugly reading either way.

9. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    A Shambolic return with the bat.

10. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    He is a short shelf life cricketer. Number of reasons because he’s slightly unfit he doesn’t have the right attitude and mindset which is another factor. His batting technique is poor and he relies a lot on hand eye coordination added to this he’s a WK and he’s barely coping with captaincy so these results were expected tbh.

It’s up to Sarfraz really now, give up ODIs, Tests or T20s but I’d want him to give up on Tests because it’s too much for him. I’d like him to nurture future players in ODI format similar what Dhoni does for India even Sarfraz can play at seven, in T20s he should play at three and this is basically because he has given Pakistan a good name in world cricket in this format.

11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Teams have done their homework on Sarfraz - so he's been found out. These days every single team has blocked his 'sweep' shot, which used to produce most of his runs.

His purple is also over, which doesn't help the cause either. He wasn't anything special against pace, but they myth has been busted that he can play spin. No he can't play spin either, in fact even part time spinners know how to run rings around him.

Icing on the cake, I dont see effort from him to enhance his skill-set or put any hard-work towards his game, hence decline is inevitable.

12. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    If it was in my power, then I wouldve make Hafeez skipper (better option that current skipper). But I think there is understanding in between Malik, Hafeez and PCB that they wouldn't join captaincy race and in return, then will get to play WC.

13. TaQvinaToR

TaQvinaToR Youngsta Beauty

Sep 28, 2018
    This guy needs to lose weight. He is over weight!

14. saiyan0321

Oct 5, 2014
    Its no solution. Hafeez was such an investment under captaincy and he was a VC for such a long time that it was basically an automatic to see him as captain but he too struggled and worst of all his own form dipped as well.. This highlights the crucial lack of planning by our management whose only job is to manage the team of one game male sector! And they can't even do that right. We have zero replacements readied and we are atrocious at captaincy grooming..

Sarfraz wasn't even a captain groomed. Under misbah it was hafeez and azhar. Both failed and we had no plan B.

There may be since I wouldn't be surprised in our system..

15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    When I said I would make Hafeez skipper, I said it because of this cricket acumen, he is and was much smarter captain that "screaming machine", who we're stuck with till WC at least as captain.

Indeed, there is sever lack of planing on PCB part, who usually fail to groom new captain, but on contrary, you have example of Butt, who was groomed but when look what that snake did. However, this is no excuse for not investing and appointing vice captain/deputy who should be your next automatic captain.

BTW: do you know who is our vice captain in Test team? Its Asad Shafiq, I leaned it yesterday (during this interview https://cricistan.com/threads/video...on-middle-order-asad-shafiqs-interview.48597/) and instantaneously lost few hair :eek:.

16. saiyan0321

Oct 5, 2014
    Oh God.. I also had no idea.. Shell shocked!!