1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Sehwag, Sachin, Yuvraj, Gambhir, Kohli or Dhoni? Which batsman worries you the most?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Mar 26, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Pakistan's biggest worry against India on Wednesday will be if one (or more) of India's batsmen get going and have a good day. Any of India's top 7 could cause us big problems and set an imposing total or chase down a big one.

So is it the opening combo of Sachin and Sehwag?

Is it the middle order of Gambhir, Kohli and Yuvraj?

Or is it the dangerous lower order of Dhoni and Raina/Yusuf?

2. attidude.asif

attidude.asif Emerging Player

Mar 8, 2010
    everyone and as well as Harbhajan seems scary hahahahahha

I dun think their batting will go down till raina or kohli.....

3. CORNERED TIGER

CORNERED TIGER Emerging Player

Nov 2, 2010
    none worry me!
    if u worry you should not play sport!

4. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Well they've got a heavy batting line up and we'll surely need our bowlers to be spot on their lines and length as we all know a little bit of width and short and Sehwag lunges onto it in a flash and off Akhtar's it'll just flash off the blade for a six or a 1 bounce 4.

The main thing is to keep it tight with the ball and strike early as much as we can to tackle this indian batting line up!

5. attidude.asif

attidude.asif Emerging Player

Mar 8, 2010
    a gully fielder and short leg must for tendulkar...... let him not flick or cut.... he will get out early.....

6. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Just bowl line and length and let the opposition worry about their batting... Every batsman feeds off bad bowling so by cutting off the poor deliveries they wont be able to score. Fielding must also be 100%

7. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Sehwag and Yuvraj are the most dangerous ones. Their attacking style can shake us and all our strategies.

8. pacman

pacman Youngsta Beauty

Jan 27, 2010
    Gambjir. He has it for Pakistan. Very aggressive, and can play all our spinners well.

9. Boi

Boi Emerging Player

Apr 2, 2010
    Gambhir - the guy always scores against us. His 80 odd against us in last years Asia Cup game won it for India and if it wasn't for Younis' great direct hit in the CT 2009, Gambhir would've won the game for India.
    Sehwag and Tendulkar are obvious ones, ofcourse. If Pakistan can send either of them back early then the pressure will mount onto the Indian middle order.

We should be able to take care of Kohli and Dhoni tbh.

10. Inferno

Inferno Youngsta Beauty

Mar 19, 2010
    Pakistan faced India at Mohali with the same team and chased down 320 odd, only replace Saurav Ganguly with Kohli, Younis Khan scored 100.

this is what is going to happen.

Gul get sachin 12th ball, gambhir hits him around and then gets run out, sehwag out for 4, yuvraj lbw to afridi or ajmal, and the rest will just collapse, gritty innings from shafiq sees pakistan home.

11. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Actually in ODIs it's Yuvraj and Dhoni that have really harassed Pakistan. They usually take India over the line and we struggle to get them out.

I still remember when Dhoni got the better of Akhtar at a time when everyone thought Dhoni was just a flat-footed slogger. He's come a long way since then.

12. Inferno

Inferno Youngsta Beauty

Mar 19, 2010
    I think Dhoni has become a better batsmen in terms of stats, but has lost some of his meanstreak or reckless slogging, nowaday he struggles to hit fast bowlers for six. Yuvraj was peaking in the innaugral t20 world cup, and people were asking how will they contain, I think afridi got him.

Semi Final, at Home, Home Crowd, Best Batting line up ever, billions watching, India is under pressure here and i think it will overbear them.

13. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Sehwag, because onece this guy starts he won't stop. Ghambir is also one worry that i have, cause of his marvelous record against Pakistan.

14. LBW

LBW Youngsta Beauty

Jul 18, 2010
    Sri lanka also had world class batsman, so did Australia. Guys stop the hype since its India. Trust me with Pakistan Bowling attack we should easily take care of them. Lets deny Sachin a world cup title which he never won in his career. Shaoib Akhthar and Gul will scare these Indians to death with fierce fast bowling

15. Pakistanfan

Pakistanfan Youngsta Beauty

Nov 18, 2010
    They all are match winners.india and pakistan's pitches are of similar kind.flat and slow.but i am amazed why pakistan not produce batsmans like india produces.pakistan s good batsman are like brainless attackers or slow bog down type.

16. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    Like Boi said, only batsman to really worry me is Ghambir. He has a habit of performing against Pakistan just like Butt does against India.

Im not too worried about the big guns like Tendulkar, Dhoni, Sehwag or Yuvraj.

Dhoni is out of form. Yuvraj can only hit deliveries bowled at his legs. Sehwag gives you good chances of getting him out and Tendulkar will be under pressure looking for his 100th century in front of his home crowd. He isnt a big player when it comes to big games either. The 2 youngsters Virat Kohli and Raina will peform imo.

I do admit that the Indian batting is very strong but all of these guys have their weaknesses which our bowlers are capable of exploiting.

The game is again gonna pretty much depend on how well our openers perform. If they can give us a decent start we have a very good chance of winning.

17. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    We are seriously gona miss our top 3 players Asif , Aamer and Salman . Salman specially has a great record against india. in last 6-7 yrs 27 odis have been played between 2 countries , 15 won by Pakistan 12 by india 5 of those have been singlehandedly won by Salman Butts matchwinning centuries. Salman has a total of 6 centuries against india so he will be truely missed he had taken the place of Saeed Anwar as far as Pak india encounters is concerned!

18. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010
    I think we need to go in with 3 pacers in this game. Most likely Gul, Akhtar and Wahab...highly unlikely they would go with Junaid unless they're feeling a bit daredevil. And we don't need to hype up these indian flat track bullies! We need to have confidence. We can beat these losers in their own backyard. Kamran will perfom....I just know it....