Shadab Khan declared fit for World Cup 2019 (reports are clear, I am ready for WC: Shadab - upd#7)

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, May 14, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Lahore: Shadab Khan has been declared fit for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 after his latest test results reflected zero viral load in his blood, the Pakistan Cricket Board announced Tuesday.

The leg-spinner will now leave for London on Thursday, 16 May, where he will consult Dr Patrick Kennedy on Friday, 17 May, before joining the team in Bristol on Monday, 20 May.

However, Shadab’s appearances in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 warm-up matches, scheduled for 24 and 26 May against Afghanistan and Bangladesh respectively, are subject to his fitness and the team management’s decision.

Shadab Khan said: “I am delighted to know that the blood tests are negative and I can now return to competitive cricket. I was always very confident that I would fully recover from the viral infection and will be available for the World Cup.

“Having played and won the ICC Champions Trophy 2017, I understand the importance, flavour and glamour of global events and what success in such events mean to the players and the public. I am looking forward to featuring in the World Cup and will leave no stone unturned in helping Pakistan put up a strong show.

“It has been difficult to stay away from international cricket and watch Pakistan play outstandingly – both in Cardiff and Southampton. As a professional cricketer, you want to be part of such games. In both the matches, Pakistan have shown their capability and ability, and I am sure with some fine tuning, we will be ready to take on the world.”

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/471306-shadab-khan-declared-fit-for-world-cup

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I swear I didnt realize how much I will miss him. Will take half cooked Shadab any day (twice on sunday) over sizzling Yasir shah.

3. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Thank goodness.

4. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
  5. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Good news I hope he doesn’t try to bowl too fast. Needs to be very accurate and provide control on these halwa tracks.

6. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
  7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Reports are clear, I am ready for world cup: Spinner Shadab

Pakistan cricket team's spinner Shadab Khan says his medical reports are clear and he is ready to represent Pakistan in the World Cup.

Talking to media in Rawalpindi spinner said, Pakistan team is capable of winning the World Cup. He thanked fellow players for their continued support. Shadab said today's cricket is fast-paced and players have worked hard for England tour and the World Cup.

Leg spinner hoped bowlers will soon find rhythm in England conditions.

https://timesofislamabad.com/16-May-2019/reports-are-clear-i-am-ready-for-world-cup-spinner-shadab

8. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014