Shadab's injury prevented us from playing 5 bowlers - Arthur

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Jan 8, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    After Sarfraz, Mickey also think it was the bowling which let his team down and shadab's injury prevented them from playing 5 bolwers. He also said that playinv Fahim as 5th bowler means he would have batted at 7th which will make our tail even more longer whereas Shadab is a complete allrounder.

His views about batting - ( just to make it clear he is serious and not taking the mick)

Encouraged by half centuries of Asad and Babar in last inning.
    Batting on Third day is a testament of this team great enviornment, team of old would hVe been rolled over for 170 odd again.

What the hell. These are thoughts of an intl coach.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

2. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    How does the physio/doctors issue these players a fitness certificate before selection when they are injured? Utter incompetence of the medical team who need to be taken to task.

3. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Both Fahim and Shadab should play the final test. Both openers and Yasir Shah should sit out. One of the opener should be replaced by Abid Ali. If possible, also replace Sarfraz with Rizwan.

4. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    ATM Fakhar place is in danger and Yasir, bring in Faheem and Shadab for them or bring in Shadab and Rizwan.

5. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    The stupidity is unreal. I can only think he might have blamed bowling for giving away 400+ (whereas something like 250-300 at least would have kept them in the game). Also, at this stage I think he's not having a go at the batting as its already been bashed so much. I can imagine he's under pressure from Sarfraz, Asad, Azhar etc. for having a go at them. Also Grant Flower must be under pressure from constant talk of batting. He must have thought lets change the topic and talk about bowling!

6. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Thank God Mickey Arthur that Shadab was not fit otherwise team would not have even scored 170 - 180 on 3 occasions. Playing 6 batsmen in two tests has given them confidence that they can bat in these conditions and now they can experiment with 5 batsmen, 2 allrounders and 3 bowlers and a keeper strategy!! Whatever happened was blessing in disguise for us!!

7. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    You needed a pace allrounder than a spin allrounder in these conditions and you cant risk 4 bowlers and an allrounder and 5 batsmen. Either both allrounders will play or none to support the batting!! In first two test matches, we played the right combination in my opinion. But now, they need to rest Yasir Shah ,drop both openers (Imam and Fakhar) and play Fahim, Shadab and Abid Ali and also Rizwan in place of Sarfraz if we can!!

8. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
  9. shainz

shainz Talented

Apr 8, 2012
    Is this guy crazy pak batting is super ordinary z he wants to make it even worse with tail starting at no 6 u can only afford to play 5 bowlers when 2 among them r bowling all rounders I would luv to see shadab, imad & faheem ashraf given a long run in UAE to give them full confidence, rather than putting them against such quality pace attack

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk

10. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    We seem to only recieve blessings in disguise when a series is lost.

I much prefer blessings that result in a victory.

11. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    What’s bleshing in dishguise without Pakistan cricket lol.