Shamima Begum

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by pat, Feb 14, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. pat

pat Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2018
    What leads to stuff like this?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...officials-risk-syria-schoolgirl-shamima-begum

The security minister, Ben Wallace, has said he would not put officials’ lives at risk to rescue UK citizens who went to Syria and Iraq to join Islamic State, insisting “actions have consequences”.

“I’m not putting at risk British people’s lives to go looking for terrorists or former terrorists in a failed state,” he told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme.

He was speaking on Thursday after it was revealed Shamima Begum, one of three pupils from Bethnal Green, east London, who left to join Isis four years ago, told the Times she wanted to return to the UK. Speaking from a refugee camp in north-east Syria, Begum, who is nine months pregnant with her third child, told the newspaper: “All I want to do is come home to Britain.”

Her other two children have died from illness and malnutrition, with Begum saying she believed the third would be “taken care of – health-wise at least – in the UK”.

2. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Too bad for her. She can rot wherever she is. Under no circumstances should the British authorities help out these people return. If they want to return to the UK they should arrange it themselves, just like they arranged their trip to fight with and for the ISIS.

3. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    The interview coverage provided to her has been extensive. This won't end quickly, expecting it to be dragged and debated either side.

4. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Its a nah for me.

These vile people are responsible for the deaths of countless people.

For everyone Shamina there are 5 unnamed women who have died due to ISIS.

5. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    She shouldn't be let back in.She hasn't shown any remorse even going as far as saying that the Manchester attack was justified. This shows she is very much still brainwashed and is likely to be a threat to the nations security.

6. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    People do change, people do make stupid decisions when they were young. I don't think she's changed or is likely to.

I've watched her talking and she comes across as very dead behind the eyes and bored/annoyed at having to answer these questions. To me there seems to be something wrong about her.

She doesn't react to anything, isn't at all remorseful. Can't even bring herself to give platitudes or pretend to be remorseful. Doesn't appear to have regretted anything.

If her husband was still alive and ISIS were still in their pomp killing people, taking slaves and paying her husband handsomely (with stolen booty) then there's no way she would want to come back. We know that because she didn't when she had the chance.

Now that she's left with no support/welfare system for her and her baby other than becoming some other fighters 2nd, 3rd or 4th wife. Suddenly she's British and wants her child to come back 'home.'

I would rather we took a Syrian or Yazidi mother and her children, from the same camp, who were made destitute by ISIS over Shamima.

7. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    Take the child if possible, let her rot in the desert. Vile subhuman.

8. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Do you think it may be a deliberate ploy from her lawyers and advisors?

I.e appear to show no remorse so we can run a story about you being naive and brainwashed.

Rather than saying sorry which probably would appear more hollow.

9. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I highly doubt it. She did not look naive or brain washed. She quasi defended the Manchester attacks and said she agreed with ISIS reasoning.

I don't think there's any intrigue here. She's lost her meal ticket and a single woman with children in an ISIS state is not going to stay safe for long. Someone will take her as a supplemental wife or even a slave as they've been doing.

She knows that and is trying to get back here because she knows a UK jail is likely to be 10 times better than ISIS for her in her current situation.

10. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    Citizenship revoked.

First sensible thing the brits have done in years

11. pat

pat Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2018
  12. pat

pat Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2018
    The key detail is that becos she has dual citizenship with Bangladesh, she can be stripped of her british citizenship.

is bangladesh going to take her in? should be interesting question there from international policy standpoint

Wonder how many are rushing to get rid of their second citizenship.

13. pat

pat Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2018
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...e-women-syria-british-jihadi-uk-a8851656.html

A British woman who joined Isis in Syria and recruited teenage girls has pleaded to return to the UK for a “normal life”.

Tooba Gondal’s appeal was a stark contrast to a previous Twitter post where she attacked “lies that muhajireen regret hijrah [joining Isis] and desperately want to return” to the west.

She had used social media to urge “sisters” to join her in the terrorist group’s strongholds, while celebrating terror attacks and condemning the “kuffar” [disbelievers].

Tweeting under the name Umm Muthanna al-Britannia, she shared a photo of herself brandishing an AK-47 with the caption “living the life”.

A 2015 tweet claimed she had obtained a suicide vest and continued: “I came here to die. I will not leave till I get what I came here for: shahadah [martyrdom].”

14. pat

pat Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2018
    the chutzpah! suck it up butter cup.

The former Goldsmiths University student said she was born in France and is of Pakistani heritage, but grew up in London from the age of three.

Gondal said she has “permanent British residency” but a French passport, which she concealed by sewing it into her children’s nappies.

“I feel British, but Britain refuses to take us,” she added.

15. pat

pat Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2018
  16. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    It is clear for the world to see that Muslim brainwashing is much more easier than it sounds. First you're normal, then all of a sudden you want to die and kill other human beings for no reason, and then you want to become normal again.

No wonder none of the Muslim nations haven't done anything significant in science or technology - we are too busy focused on finding ways to die, that rational thinking around 'living as a good human being' in this world is not widespread.

Kuffar must die, but lets have Pizza, Pringles and Pepsi first. Kuffar must die but we need to drive around in cars, and use internet and post gun pictures - and then wait to get the retweets.