Share your cricket experiences...

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Captain, Mar 8, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Captain

Captain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 26, 2010
    As the title says, no matter what they are (plz keep them readable/postable)... [​IMG]

i'll post mine in a bit. but to get u started...

once we were in a tight game situation (i wasnt the captain of the team at that time) i went in at #7 and the other batsman got out, now we had another decent batsman still to come, but instead the captain decided to send in this retarded guy who barely knew the abc of holding the bat, i got ticked coz he had wasted about a dozen dot balls, and game was slipping, next thing i did was, tapped the ball towards the mid off, and called him for one, he ran just to realize i didnt budge at all and i said a loud NOOOOOOOOOOooooo.... and got him run out, and got the decent batter in :)) when i returned after getting out later on, he was waiting for me, in his windies accent "ya effing guy, ya get me runout, what was you thinking man, that was a run" lolz... i replied "sorry man i just wanted us to win the game" lol the look on his face was priceless... btw we manged to win the game :)

2. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Our school had a cricket team, it wasn't great and they pretty much let anyone play. I never used to be into cricket enough to go and join it but even the Pakistanis who were mad about cricket didn't bother joining either.

Anyway if someone brought in a bat we all used to play cricket during break and lunch in the school playground. One of the guys (he was Pakistani) we played with was in the school team and thought he was Geoff Boycott because he would just stand there and block everything.

Imagine that, it's playtime at school. You and your friends all rush out to play and you all play like Afridi (or Moin and Wasim in those days) so everyone has a couple of chances to bat before break is over. Then this guy comes out there and just blocks out half an hour not even taking easy singles in case he gets out!!

Anyway after the 2nd or 3rd time he did it, one of us (not me) made sure he took a bit of a sharp fall (we played on concrete) and he ended up retiring hurt. He squealed to one of the teachers and it was the best thing that ever happened to us.

The teacher told him that if we were bullying him then he shouldnt play with us anymore. :eek:

3. Captain

Captain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 26, 2010
    once i reached the ground a bit early (even though it was an away game for our team) and the other team was already there putting up boundary markers etc, and on of their batsmen was getting padded up for some warm up, and i wanted to do some warm up as well so i said dude lets go to the nets and i'll bowl to you, to him that sounded a cool/+ive idea as me being the opposition's opening bowler he will get to play me and get an idea of how i bowl etc (our teams had met before once, but i didnt play that game due to injury but was there and had a chit chat). anyways so i bowled to him and in warm up i was loosening up nothing extra ordinary for him, normal deliveries away from stumps, he missed a few and whacked a few and was feeling all excited that he is all over me, my team arrived so i went over, he was joined by his teammates etc. i did further warmup with teammates. come game time, we won toss and put them to bat, he came to open and i got the new ball, and thought that this guy was really loving my looseners and will most likely think that's the kinda delivery he will get, i ran in and TIMBER, a sharp yorker on the base of middle stump, and clean bowled him. in the innings break he came up to me and goes "salay net mein to tou bahir kara raha tha, yorker kahan se aa geya" and i replied "to aur kya game mein bhi tujhay mein lollypops karaoon warmup ki tarah" lolz that was just too funny we laughed hard at it for a while... :))

4. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    There are so many things that have happened but this is the most funniest one. When I went to Pakistan the last time I was invited to play cricket by some old friends. I hadn't played cricket for a very long time possibly 8-9 years.

I was always very good against the spin and medium pace...so during the game I faced this guy who was pretty darn fast...couple of swings nowhere near the bat then out. They knew I had just come from the US and I use to Captain our school team and how we use to bet on games.

After the game the guy was being very cocky who got me out. obviously he wanted to play single wicket with and win some money. This guy asks me to play single wicket with him for 200 Rs.

I was like okay. Money is nothing these guys can have lunch or something today on me. Six bowls I think I got out like 2-3 times an the rest I could not hit a boundry..as it was only four or sixes.

I handed the guy 200RS. He said lets do it again. My friends were like oh they are trying to make a fool out of you...I was very ticked off thinking he thinks I am idiot. He offered to bowl spin or medium pace to me soon as he said it...I was like lets go.

This time the bet was 1000Rs his entire team gave money thinking he was going to win and we were going to play 9 balls each. I bat first. He bowls spin to me...first ball I missed. After that it six after six even when he switched to medium pace...in total I scored 54 runs. :-D

I bowled about 5 balls he threw the bat and gave up cause he had only scored 10 runs then...it was really funny...his entire team was cursing him.

I gave that money plus more to kids in my Mohala to buy bat/ball/tapes..so they could play cricket. My elder brother who was a very good hockey player but could not play for Pakistan as he got into accident...every time he or one of his friends goto Pakistan they hold a hockey tournament. He says sports helps young kids from doing bad things.

Except the betting I also agree.

5. Captain

Captain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 26, 2010
    On my recent trip to Pakistan, I was gone to visit my Khala and my cousins were always telling me exaggerated cricket stories with the special (in punjabi) "when we hit a six the ball goes out of the village - jadon asi chakay maarday aan gaind pind paar ja ki digdi aa" so when i got there i was like chalo jawano lets go play and see this pind paar sixes, lolz. we went to the high school (which had a massive playground and there was a 6 feet wall all around. so basically we were in the center (from left/east and right/west) but right against the wall at the north point so there was no need to go chase the ball if missed it, and south was again massive boundary. We split up in two teams, played 4 games (my side won all) and on the last game my side batted first and on the fielding side one of my cousins (who boasted the most about hitting pind paar sixes) went up to bowl, i was at non-striker and this 14 yr old was batting, cousin runs in hard (bowling fast) pitches, and the batsman switched (went from righty to lefty stance) and flicked him over deep midwicket, the ball actually bounced on top of the wall and went out in the fields adjacent to the ground. and i simultaneously fell to the ground in a laughing riot getting massive cramps from lol, i looked at my cousin who was all ashamed and feeling down yet with a sly smile, and i said "damn man you weren't lying, but u weren't telling the truth either, coz ppl dont only just hit pind paar sixes, they do it while switch hitting as well" and the whole day just kept laughing and laughing. i stayed there for another week, and that cousin didn't bother come back to play cricket, making excuses every time lolz.

6. Qazaa

Qazaa Youngsta Beauty

Jan 20, 2010
    I had the pleasure of playing street cricket last time i was in Pakistan.

My cousin toook me out into a street game that was happening near his house.

The guys we were playing were all in Afridi mode and were giving us a bit of leathering.

When i came on to ball, bowling spin, they laughed as they knew i was not a local plus the fact i was going to ball spin! As it happens they could not play spin for peanuts, took a hat trick which led to them calling out thier "pro" from his house. The pro hit me for a six off the first ball and then was bowled!

i didnt celebrate any wicket and just walked back to my fielding position. But deep down i was jumping for joy =)

7. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    That bit cracked me up, please tell me he had a fine moustache and was batting with a gandassa. Did he stare at you and say 'Navaa Aaya Ai Sohnia' :D