1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Sharjeel Khan is likely to need named in PSL pool.

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Oct 29, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan cricketer Sharjeel Khan gets a big news from PCB as he is likely to need named in PSL pool.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has allowed batsman Sharjeel Khan to play club cricket in what could be a massive step towards his eventual induction into the national fold.

Sharjeel, according to sources close to the matter, passed on his second attempt the PCB Anti-Corruption and Security Unit’s written test.

He will now have to give lectures in Bahawalpur, Sheikhupura, and Karachi, where he will reportedly have to express his regret and explain to junior players how corruption can hurt them. He will also have to visit an orphanage as part of his rehabilitation.

Once that is out of the way, Sharjeel’s name could be added to the pool of Pakistan Super League (PSL) players.

https://timesofislamabad.com/29-Oct-2019/pakistani-cricketer-sharjeel-khan-gets-a-big-news-from-pcb

2. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    It seems to me that PCB is speeding up the process for his return. I can sense that he'll be playing next T20 WC and might open with Fakhar, which could be a treat to watch (hoping he will regain his form).

3. Del

Dec 21, 2016

Interesting analysis on Sharjeel's return & fixing in cricket.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  4. Del

Dec 21, 2016
  5. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    need him back in the team ASAP.

6. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Need him to reduce 25 pounds and develop a few more shots

7. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Was a decent batsman, could be very useful in the t20 world cups

8. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Raja resists tainted Sharjeel's comeback

“I am reading reports in newspapers that he [Sharjeel Khan] might be brought back into the team because he has faced his punishment. I am very saddened because our society and cricket fraternity is always eager to bring these types of individuals back into the system, ” said Raja. “These individuals have polluted it and tainted the name of the country. It seems like we are very happy to bring these crooks back because we don’t value character and credibility as much as talent and skills and we think that these can help Pakistan cricket win matches which is a very short term approach.”

The former Pakistan opener also claimed that this mindset proved that the current talent in Pakistan was worthless and called for a change in the system.

“This shows us that your current talent is not worth anything. If you can’t find an opener in five years than the system is to blame. We need to tweak the system and fix it, so that we can rid ourselves of players such as these,” he said.

The 1992 World Cup winning cricketer emphasised his viewpoint that players who have tainted the name of the country should never be allowed back into the system.

“This is the time for introspection. We need to understand that as long as we don’t show character, whether it’s in politics or sports, we will not be able to progress. I don’t think people such as him should be allowed back into the side because they have tainted the name of Pakistan and I am very clear in the matter that we need to look ahead and they should face the consequences for their actions,” he concluded.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/raja-resists-tainted-sharjeels-comeback

9. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    I hear you Ramiz, but all the moral grounds were buried when PCB aided Amir to make a come back. Had that not happened, than nobody would ever dare to not only repeat same sin but also to make a comeback.

Wrong message was broadcasted when PCB speedup the process to get Amir back (that you can always make a come back based on your skillset, even though if you are indulged in fixing).

10. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Amir did his 5 years, no?

11. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    And Sharjeel did his too.

12. TaQvinaToR

TaQvinaToR Youngsta Beauty

Sep 28, 2018
    Why is it that I never hear Ramiz Raja criticizing former players like Wasim Akram, Ijaz, Saqlain etc when they were involved in match fixing .. Smith & Warner were punished and they are back. Now either you call it cheating or bribing it falls under to same immoral principle file.... " Freedom for everybody OR Freedom for Nobody "

13. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    so what's the problem?

14. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Problem is whining of Ramiz. And this debate shouldve been ended once Amir was allowed to make his way into National team.

When Amir, Warner & Smith can be back, than why not Shaju?