Sharjeel, Latif charged for alleged corruption [Update: Post#413]

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Munna, Feb 10, 2017.

Sharjeel, Latif charged for alleged corruption [Update: Post#413]

by Munna
Feb 10, 2017 at 2:41 PM
  1. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif provisionally suspended by PCB

i.jpg

The Pakistan Cricket Board have today provisionally suspended two players under its Anti-Corruption Code as part of an ongoing investigation into an international syndicate which is believed to be attempting to corrupt the Pakistan Super League which started in Dubai yesterday.

Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif have been suspended and the rigorous and wide-ranging investigation by the PCB supported by the ICC will continue as part of collective efforts to protect the integrity of the sport.

Najam Sethi, Chairman of the PSL said: “It would not be appropriate to comment on the specifics of the case, however this investigation is a clear demonstration of our determination to drive corruption out of our sport. We will not tolerate any form of corrupt activity and as this investigation proceeds we will not hesitate to take further decisive action as appropriate.

“The investigation of the PCB Anti-Corruption Unit backed by the ICC ACU has been effective in dealing with this case to date and we will continue to work in the closest collaboration as the investigation proceeds. We are all absolutely committed to relentlessly pursuing anyone who would seek to damage the integrity of our sport.”

Chairman PCB, Mian Shaharyar M. Khan said, “I must remind all players of their responsibilities in the fight against corruption. They must understand that if they even think they may have been the subject of a suspicious approach, it is their obligation under the PCB Anti-Corruption Code to report it to an appropriate anti-corruption official as a matter of urgency.”

“Under no circumstances will the PCB condone actions of a few individuals to bring disrepute to the game of cricket or taint the image of Pakistan.”

The PCB and the ICC will not make any further comment in respect of ongoing investigation.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2017
Munna puts his talent of making up stuff to good use for writing boring articles and reports on Cricistan, though he once won the Most Cheerful Poster of Cricistan award.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      who had Sharjeel and Latif @Ahson8 :D

2. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
      This is a big news from Pak point of view.I was called a lot of things when i had opposed the return of Amir.See what has happened now.So i logged in to basically ask a question and see what all of you were posting.

3. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    4. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      who had Sharjeel and Latif @Ahson8 :D

5. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
      Doesn't matter. Cricket is a dying sport anyway.

Where do you see Cricket in 20 years?

No one should cry for these two. They deserve it for doing it, and if they absolutely had to do it, being so stupid about it getting caught this way.

The crime and the incompetence on top of it.

6. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    7. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
      I see cricket being played in many more nations in 20years time.

8. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
      It has nothing to do with Amir. Stop coorelating things that dont coorelate.

9. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
      Dont think you honestly mean or believe what you just wrote.

10. amirfanforlife

amirfanforlife Smooth Operator

Apr 19, 2012
      Lmao can't believe some people here are blaming Amir because some grown up men who can make their own decisions are accused of fixing. Just shows the obsession they have with dragging him into every topic.

11. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
      Fixing in IPL - Because of Aamir
      Fixing in BPL - Because of Aamir
      Not reporting a fixing approach in PSL - Because of Aamir
      The weather has been FAR to cold in the last couple of days - Because of Aamir
      All those named in Panama-Gate, all corrupt - Because of Aamir
      Achakzai and Maulana Diesel are being kanjars and not allowing FATA to be merged with KPK in peace - Because of Aamir
      My crush said no to a date on Valentines day - Because of Aamr (**)

12. The Juice

The Juice Banned

Apr 6, 2015
      According to some outlet,Sharjeel was crying all flight back to Karachi.Who cares if he's crying,dancing,jumping or whatever.His career is over now

13. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      Sad state of affairs. However one shouldn't assume anything, dangerous. lot of theories being passed around without evidence.

14. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
      Naughty boy has made a lot of money this year. There are 2 others involved too

I have a source who even sent me a picture of Sharjeel crying

15. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
      He should have thought about it before he did such act. If he is involved in fixing anything I will be very disappointed in him. Honestly he was one of our only shining stars who seemed to improve as time passed on. Just for a little bit of greed he threw his career away. I hope this does not turn out too bad. But if it does he deserves no sympathy from anyone.

16. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
      What is their exact crime and what is it that they are being charged with exactly? Were they caught accepting money to under-perform? Was any money caught on them which was given to them in exchange for a specific act? Did they meet someone they were forbidden to meet?

They already had a big precedent in the form of Amir, Asif and Butt. Losing 5 years of your playing career, losing 5 years of Cricketing earnings, going to jail for 1-2 years is not a joke. That should have been a more than sufficient deterrent.

Are these young players being blackmailed, threatened to participate in these activities? Is the amount of money they are offered so much compared to what the PCB pays them, what they get from the sponsors and these leagues?

It is not just sufficient to ban but to understand the root causes as to what is leading our players to these bookies and nefarious individuals.

17. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
      PP inbox.

18. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      Drug dealers/smugglers get caught and jailed heavy. Yet people still continue to do it.

u can never extinguish it.

Give fixers life bans, people will still fix. Habit/temptation never dies, no matter how hard the penalty.

19. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
      Somewhere at this very moment, there is a very sad Najam Sethi, staring out onto the Dubai ocean, thinking to himself...what the hell is going on

(with this music playing in his head)

A sad state of affairs :smh

20. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
      NO

It will eventually get out but I wont be spreading it as he trusts me enough to tell me this lol.You will hear about it soon, SK has made a lot of money fixing this year and it pains me to say it because I am a fan of his but he should be banned

21. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
      Wanted to ask the names of the two players. Dont want to see anyone cry. Not sadistic..

22. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
      Well life ban is better than giving a criminal another chance.

23. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
      Oh lol that is not an issue, I would say it here too but my display picture is looking at me

24. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      How do u know?

25. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
      I'm sure we all saw pictures of Amir crying countless times too over the last 5 years.
      Heck videos of him crying hell were shown to players pleading not to get involved in corruption.
      Despite this if Sharjeel still goes and gets involved then it just shows how stupid he is.
      I don't think anyone will get sympathy like Amir did ever again

26. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
      I am going purely by what I read and saw. Sharjeel at the moment is 100% in a lot of trouble. Khalid is still contentious but Sharjeel is definitely screwed

What a paindoo, he was so marketable, was a rising star. He has himself to blame and should be banned for a long time, the sum being thrown out is insane (by Pakistani standards)

27. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
      I do.Afghanistan and Ireland will be good teams.Some more Asian teams will join in.

28. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
      It has to do with not being strict enough on Fixers.

29. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
      Really?Lot of money.

And here i was discussing that he was may be blackmailed into this.

30. The Juice

The Juice Banned

Apr 6, 2015
      According to a news outlet who were interviewing a bookie,Bookie said Sharjeel and Khalid agreed to fix two matches and getting more money in return than the whole PSL budget.It sounds like BS

31. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
      Amir got Sympathy from the ICC and the Courts, he was also lucky that he just happened to be 18 when caught and not 22-23 at the time.

32. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
      SK has made ***,000.00 dollars this year

33. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
      Unless there is money found on the players or they were caught accepting the money, how can the players be prosecuted? Just a verbal agreement can't be enough. I mean the crime i.e. fixing hasnt even taken place yet.

34. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
      Cricket being an Asian game solely is not good. Thats what everyone wants to prevent.

35. The Juice

The Juice Banned

Apr 6, 2015
      Did he made all that money from PSL or from other places as well?

36. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
      This is outside of PSL apparently and no way our tours pay that much lol

37. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
      One must be a retard to fix matches after seeing the trio getting banned for so long and the humiliation that comes with it. Guess we are not short of retards.

38. The Juice

The Juice Banned

Apr 6, 2015
      Not reporting an approach from bookies can lead to 2 year ban according to ICC laws

39. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
      I don't think it's that simple. These are dangerous people with connections to the under world, I doubt they would want to put their loved ones at risk and that is the first thing they think about at the time.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

40. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
      lol why are people making out as if Sherjeel was the next Inzamam...

Asif and Amir were HUGE blows...the likes of Butt n Sherheel...meh