Shoaib Malik batting in SENA

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mohammed Bilal, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    We are talking about his entire career and will do analysis of all his decent innings in SENA in all formats btw this is to show he struggles in these conditions against pace bowling, in SENA the ball generally bounces more than Pakistan and UAE.

England - Malik has rarely performed in England, he only has a 77 in England added to a 38 in a Test match, in his 77 he hit five boundaries and two sixes, three fours came of Mark Wood and one of Ben Stokes, in Test match he hit two boundaries of Finn and one of Anderson and two more that I can’t confirm because Cricinfo is down.

South Africa - Malik has done better in SA with a century vs India including 9 boundaries of seamers Ishant Sharma, Nehra and RP Singh three fours of each, also has two T20 fifties in SA against Aus and SL, against SA though he has two forties and one fifty and in them knocks very few boundaries came of proper pacers, few of Kalis, a random bloke and Justin Kemp who was a part time seamer, hit one four of Ntini and that was an edge so yeh, his T20 fiftiy vs Australia at Jo Burg includes one four vs Mitch Johnson, vs SL he had two fours vs Wijekoon and one of Malinga, he also has 35* vs SA.

NZ - done nothing at all apart from few 20s and maybe two low 30s.

AUS - has three fifties in Australia, 58 in a Test, 60 vs WI in ODI, 66 vs Australia, in his 66 vs Australia in VB series he hit three boundaries of pacers two of Jason Gillespie and one of McGrath, his Test fifty came at Sydney which is the venue that is similar to SC conditions just to put this knock into perspective Younis made 175* Sachin also made 200 and recently India made 600 there, to be kind I’ll add his two 40s recently that he made but if you look at his boundaries in his 40* of pacers he hit three fours of Mitch Marsh, one of Pat Cummins and by a miracle he hit a six of Hazlewood which I bet everyone remembers because it’s so un Malik, his test 50 included four fours of Johnson, two of Watson and one of Siddle, 60 vs WI five fours came against seamers Mervyn Dillon and Pedro Collins, also just to add he has 38 vs Australia in an ODI and 40 in one Test match.

Meanwhile Babar hit 21 fours of Steyn alone in Tests and 47 all together all of pacers in one series, lol at Malik.

Defo the worst batsman ever from Pakistan to play in SENA. If you look at his record against SENA teams even in UAE and Pak it’s ordinary but it’s a stretch.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  2. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Meanwhile Malik has won Pakistan countless games. Babar has not

3. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Of course genius, Malik has played 300 more games.

4. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    In SENA

Malik averages 27
    Hafeez averages 25

Both are bakwaas as eachother.

5. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    So Malik saab wants to play three ICC tournaments? Lol, next two are in England, Australia and then a T20 thing in India.

TBF he’s alright because no one is better also might teach a few things to youngsters but he seems type of cricketer that doesn’t belive we can beat either Eng, SA, NZ or Aus and neither have I heard commies from these countries ever praise him, just say he’s experienced that’s all.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  6. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Stop trying to make SENA a thing.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    He is a beast in T20s, if he can maintain his form and fitness by 2021 I wouldn't mind him playing until that age.

Should quit ODIs after the World Cup though

8. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Well it’s obviously a thing if one man has an average of 50 in SC and 20 odd in Sa, Nz, Aus, Eng combined.

If you observe you will notice batting is harder in these conditions especially for SC players because they are used to low bounce, spin bowlers and if there is any movement it will be reverse. But just recently I’ve changed my mind because I think batting in LOIs in SENA is not difficult at all especially if you bat between 3-5, I’m talking about conditions as compared to Tests however in limited overs you need to factor in field placement and how to rotate strike which can make you loose your wicket also there is more pressure.

9. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Hardly surprising. Malik has never been phenomenal in SENA and has mainly feasted on SC pitches.

10. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Malik and Hafeez should have the dignity to quit after the ODI WC.

11. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    Which batsman has been good in SENA?

12. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    We are not talking about good we are talking about atleast doing average which Malik hasn’t done, letting Hafeez of because he has done more than Malik defo even in SA Malik has a century vs India not SA, Hafeez is his best competition and he has done more, even Rameez made two hundreds in 92, Malik is trash but he can make the Pakistan team because the rest can’t bat in SC as good as he does.

13. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    And what exactly had Hafeez done in SA before the last ODI match? He averages a mighty 16 in SA. Wow.

As I stated. Malik averages 27 in SENA. Hafeez 25.

14. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    I think if you work hard enough you can manipulate the numbers to show that Malik averages 0 somewhere.

Still a better bat than Hafeez.

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    I intend to bump this thread after WC, let’s see, am confident because you can easily see Malik can’t play pace and shows slave mentality against big teams, no one even knows his name from SA, NZ, Aus, Eng he’s irrelevant.

• List
  16. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I expected Malik to do better in 1st ODI, but he clearly struggled, not to mentioned he wasn't facing Steyn or Rabada.

Hafeez clearly seems to have higher ceiling that Malik atm, but Maliks goes away without performing against top opposition(s) in their backyard.

17. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    This is why you can’t compare Hafeez and Malik, Hafeez bachera is natural opener only in SC but you shoved him to open even in difficult conditions this means he’s always facing Broad, Anderson, Steyn, Tosotbe, Abbot, Philander, Boult, Southee, Starc, Hazlewood also first change bowlers are also very good and with a new ball whilst Malik comes in against lesser bowler with the odd short three over spell from the strike fast bowlers and when the ball is old. Now Hafeez batted down the order and he showed everyone with 71* so this basically is saying Malik is good enough to get to 20 in middle overs but when the strike bowler comes he gets out or he’s in early and the strike bowler gets him then, what a pathetic batsman that cannot see out a old ball and only three over spell and remember this isn’t a Test, if you watched or compare Tests and ODIs in this series you will think these ODI wickets are batting paradises but seems not for a certain Shoaib Malik.

• List
  18. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Boo hoo. Poor Hafeez, bechara. Natural opener that has to face the best? Isn’t that he’s job then? Poor excuse to defend Hafeez. The guy has been around donkey yrs & has mediocre stats.

19. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I hear you billy, but man seriously, when you talk for Bobby or Hafeez, it seems like their wife is sitting behind the keyboard and I am not even joking.

20. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    It’d be nice if you read the message properly, said natural opener in SC conditions, he was forced to open anyways, he was never an opener they just made him into one which is unfair considering we are seeing Hafeez play well lower down. Hafeez is able to play his shots and there is no movement which he struggles against. Malik unfortunately has no shots against pace apart from the well known third man single. btw not defending Hafeez just I’m saying he’s better than Malik in SENA also we are talking about all formats so don’t show me stat where Malik averages 27 and Hafeez 25. Malik has boosted his average in SA with couple of low not outs which even Shadab has managed along with a slow meaningless fifty which give impression opposition didn’t even want to get him out also he’s has a hundred vs minnow attack India.

21. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    He’s done it again.

Made a terrible tour look decent. What a legend, basically whilst he was dropped all he improved on was minnow bashing and how to pass the time on the big tours, well done Malik, you are quite some player.

p.s. Pak can’t win the World Cup like this, we have five games against the bigger teams. Don’t try act clever Malik.

22. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Malik 2.0 huh.

He can't bat. He's rubbish batsman. If we can treat Waqar, Wasim, Anwar the way we did why not Malik. End his career in embarrassment, he gives us so much pain. Why should he be allowed to get away. If something is beyond my limit I will be honest and not go for it. Malik deserves al this. He is incapable of playing against anyone good.

23. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    Averages 24.63 from the last 20 games.How in the world is he in the team ?.

24. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    Today was absolutely pathetic. We desperately needed him to score a quick 30 off 30 and he failed us miserably. Shouldn't play another game in this WC.

25. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    There are lies, there are damn lies and then you have stats. The Malik bandwagon have manipulated his average. Since his comeback yes I agree he averages 43 at 90 SR, that makes him look AB doesn't it? We all know he's the same in SENA. You can back me up with the NZ tour in 2016, England tour in 2016, Australia tour in 2016, Champions trophy, Nz tour, SA tour and now England and the world cup. He's beyond pathetic even against SENA teams in UAE has done jack all. He's not someone you want really. What makes him a guaranteed starter?? You have Haris Sohail and Rizwan who were making runs for fun and this guy gets a 60 and he's a sure starter? It's not like he's a big match player as well. He's done nothing in tournament cricket so why is he backed? Perhaps you can understand he is still in the team because in a world cup QF or Semi he has a hundred or couple of fifties. What's so good about him?? Haris Sohail has already made more then Malik. Malik fails even in the practice games so again why??