Shootout at Blue Area, Islamabad - Phsyco man, wut?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by CricketFan96, Aug 15, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Don't know much about it but was watching GEO News and GEO TEZ and saw some chaos going on. A phsyco man (what GEO was telling<) parks his car in a private place with two shot guns in his hand and a young family in the car? wut?

2. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    It happened in Blue Area, Islamabad where for some 5 and a half hours this guy named "Sikandar" along with his wife and 2 young kids a boy and a girl were in a car while the guy had 2 AK-47's. They were all sitting in the car in the middle of the road while the guy drank away cans of Red Bull to keep him going while his wife kept talking away on the phone.

Felt bad for the poor kids though especially the boy who had a bandage on his forehead.

The guy made demands that Sharia Law is brought it and dissolve the government, while that his son who is in police custody in Dubai for murder charges is released.

Then a PPP member Zamurd Khan went and made a quick move trying to get hold of the guy and in doing so got hold of him but slipped and the guy went away and fired some shots before running and falling down then police and security ran over and got hold of him.

All in all, it was a mix of Hollywood and Bollywood drama!

3. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Zamurd Khan, a true follower of the Bhutto ideology :clap

4. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    What a guy Sikander. Redbull... Sheesh.. :rofl

5. Zain

Zain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2010
    What bled my heart was seeing his kid on the scene when he was shot and he fell. The firing was so random, who knows if the kid was shot too. But then it was he who put his kids and family into this situation. Sad sad whatever happened and whoever was hero or the villain. Poor kids, Now Zamurd the hero will keep and "parwarish" them. I dont know what the kids will live with. Sigh.

6. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Zamurd Khan got guts, I doubt many of us could do that.

7. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Zamard Khan is a brave man, and he'll take care of them. He's what the PPP is about! Pakistan may forget our sacrifices but we will defend Pakistan, because Bhutto loved Pakistan. GA bhutto! Ga Zamard Khan!

8. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    The title is amended! :D

9. Zain

Zain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2010
    I think that gunman never had intentions to kill himself, his wife, his children or the public [tamaashbeens] coz if he did he had ample opportunity after being attacked by Zamurd. He just wanted the attention of the masses, for as long as he could, to highlight the problems facing the nation for which he blames the Govt to be, rightly so, responsible for all the chaos in the country.

The media played in his hand, for ratings, and which the law enforcement agencies allowed for no obvious reasons. police even failed to move back the tamaashbeens to a safe distance and out of the danger zone.

na jaane kab yeh qaum tamaash beenii ko tark karegi!

10. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    its old news now...

Was going to make a thread, then i said daffa karo...

He kept standing there for 5 hours, held his wife and children, interior minister din't give orders to shoot, or else this was only a 5 min job.... The SSP tried negotiating with him, then nothing happened.. It was really annoying, then Zamrud Khan came, pretended as if he was just there to just negotiate with him, and then suddenly tried to grabbed Sikander, now at that time Sikander Panicked, and he accidentally shot a fire which could had injured or even killed Zamrud Khan... Anyways, Zamrud slipped, and then police had to fire shots on sikanders leg..

Right now SIkander is in critical condition...

Also, half of Islamabad was there just to watch..

11. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    It shows that only PPP has the guts to spill their own blood for the nation! GA BHUTTO! :clap

12. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    only a fool would support another fool... :fp

You say i THINK, and are not even sure or dont even know what actually happened.....

Sikander should had been shot in the head in 5 mins... The idiot kept his wife and children hostage, he was standing at a red zone area.... With a weapon.. was on his way to the diplomatic enclave...........

13. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Right, Shariat mango, Sharab piyo, definitely showing what the problems are :clap :clap

14. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Even though you could criticize Zamrud for taking such risk.. But when the stupid interior Minister was letting this Tamasha go on, then something was suppose to be done.

This shows Pakistan's security situation...... Pakistan is not Safe... We took more then 5 hours to capture a guy who was standing out in the middle of the road with a weapon....

God knows what would had happened, had he been in a building...

15. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    It was a risk, but a right one. Nisar is mad. Rehman Malik would have ordered him shot, he had guts!

I also salute the SSP, brave man, because the psycho could have shot him at any time, but he didn't care. If Nisar hadn't given dumb instructions, he'd have got the man killed hours earlier

16. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    lol i agree, capture him alive..... that was ridiculous....

Nisar was being a pussey because had Sikander been shot a long time a go, the same media, who saying shoot him, would had bashed Nisar for shooting him, then the Suo moto shit and then this would had been another lal Masjid case reaction....

17. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    btw Rehman Malik is also a joke..... During his tenure not a single suicide attacker was caught..... The guy was an idiot

18. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Lols, but better than Nisar, at least he didn't tell them to not kill a person who's shooting :fp

19. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Tracer Bullet

Jun 18, 2012
    The matter should've been solved in a matter of minutes, really.

I was near the area when all this tamasha was going on and got a call from my dad with clear instructions not to go anywhere near the Jinnah Avenue road.

You have to wonder though, this was a single man and it took the ISB police more than 5 hours to capture him, that too because a third party intervened and forced their hand. Would they be capable of stopping a full-on terrorist attack if God forbid one takes place tomorrow?

20. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    And yet still, Pakistan is unsafe for everyone. This is not surprising to me, I hear this everyday on news and this is just rubbish and jahil people here.

21. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    If you want to call Pakistanis Jaahil, remove your nationality!

22. Victorious Pakistan

Victorious Pakistan Smooth Operator

Feb 29, 2012
    Sad state of affairs really, for the country and Islam.

Apparently he was talking about Islam and getting Shariah Law in, yet is said to have been drunk. In a lot of ways he sadly resembles a lot of modern Muslims. ASLI-PATHAN this blends in with your other thread about Muslim countries.

I can understand to an extent the Police not killing him on the spot or taking serious action, he did have his children with him after all. It could have ended up as a bigger mess than it turned out to be.
    The security forces do need to seriously think about tactics and strategy's in such situations. You can't have a guy walk around with guns and half the city standing around and watching. Just imagine he randomly opened fire? - You could have had a massacre on your hands. In the end, they got him and he will end up behind bars. Rightly so.

Pathetic incident to say the least, not what Pakistan needed right now.

23. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    His talk about Shariat was so sad. The man was obviously drunk and asking for Shariat. Cowardly hiding in the car while sending his wife to negotiate. And then has the nerve to ask for Shariat? He could try being a Muslim before asking for Shariat. Hurts the support of those who are actually Muslim and want Shariat

Police didn't want to kill him initially because of the kids, but they were in position to save the kids, by sunset. But Nisar called and told them to capture the guy alive. Now you can't capture the guy alive, with what the police were planning, that is grab the kids, the wife and shoot the man. And if they tried this, he'd end up shooting the kids. Very poor from Nisar

24. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    To talk about Shariah and being drunk at the same time is like asking for people not to murder innocent people and go along and kill someone yourself. Maybe not as extreme, but you can get the point. It's utterly stupid what he did, but then again - That is what happens when you get drunk and why Islam is against it.
    Muslims who follow Islam properly will be hurt by this and Islam in general will get a bad image by this torrid incident.

I don't blame the Police to an extent. They knew they guy was drunk and were playing the waiting game for him to calm down a bit. It's not like he was shooting rounds in the air. If he had any intention of shooting, the security forces would have shot him before he could have. The only things holding them back from acting sooner was, Political pressure, the media watching, the people around and the kids of the guy.

Tough situation, wrong tactics - decent outcome though.

25. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    I didn't mean all, only the one that just kill innocent people day by day.

26. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    This can happen anywhere.

27. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    Not really, only where there is no security in easy word "waraan lakae" (non-busy areas)

28. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Washington D.C has a very high crime rate as well. There have been shootouts there. This can happen anywhere.

29. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    Even NYC is busy and still we have crime mostly each day.

Ridiculous.

30. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    Zamurd Khan is a delair!

Nobody won't do this.

31. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Decent outcome? How? 5 hours were wasted... And it was because of zamrud khan they were able to capture him...

He was standing outside in the public. They only had to place a sniper on a building, make 15-20 people stand in the same position as they were standing when zamrud khan got him caught. Shoot him in the ****en leg, and then catch him..

Zamrud khan even tried to save his kids aswell....

Waste of five hours...

32. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Best possible outcome in the end. The blame will have to be taken by Islamabad police, no two ways about it.

33. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    Had this been here where I live, the guy would have been caught in a time of minutes.

34. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    Put it this way, would you rather see 5 hours and nobody dies in such an incident or would you rather have a 5 minute job where 10+ people are dead including children? - I would rather see nobody die.

In that sense it was a decent outcome. Everything else I explained in my previous post.

35. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    I would rather see our security forces acting up..

Do you know, if Zamrud Khan din't approach him, GOD knows how long this could had continued... Our poor security(and that so in the capital city) has been exposed once again...

You can't say that would you rather see a bomb blast, or someone hostaging a women and kids out in the open road......

It was just ridiculous...

36. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Islambad Police can't be blamed... They were always ready to shoot him.. Infact, the islamabad police saved Zamrud Khan in the end...

Islamabad Police was not being given clearance by the Interior Minister, because had they shot him before getting clearance, then it would had been a crime committed by the police for shooting someone... In every shoot out you need to have clearance of someone from the government, because that later on the police isn't held responsible for it.

Interior Minister should had given clearance and had him shot.. end of the story, or atleast had him shot on the leg and then rush in the police to arrest him...

37. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    Sorry brother, It seems you have not read my posts or understood them. To be honest you're making it sound like I said this was the most heroic act performed in history by Pakistani security forces. - I'm not, and this is why I said earlier:
    That is contradictory because you later go on to say in another post:

This is the answer:

38. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    when i say that the security forces acting up, i also meant the interior minister... Interior minister is the one who is responsible of the security.. :fp

again, there was never need of this 5 hours of tamasha..

39. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    There have been similar situations right here in NY and those went on for hours.

40. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    What an irony - security forces kills a taxi driver on not stopping and then this lunatic openly carrying sophisticated weapons for hours in the capital ordering cell phone cards and refreshments.