Should Junaid be Part of Pakistan WC Squad?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by sabeeh, Jan 31, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. sabeeh

sabeeh Youngsta Beauty

Feb 23, 2015
    I feel Pakistan will take 5 fast bowlers. 3 are more less confirmed even though Aamir is not performing very well.

Aamir
    Shaheen
    Hassan

I feel the competetion is between Juanid/Usman Shinwari/Faheem. Out of these 3 i think 2 will go to England for WC.

Faheem will probably get a nod because he can bat as well and he might give pakistan option to play 4 fast bowlers if Pakistan decided to with go only 1 spinner.

Last Spot, I feel Junaid should be selected ahead of Usman. Usman has looked really ordinary. When from the first bowl you start bowling round the wicket to right hander, there is problem. He need to bring the ball back into the batsman to be successful.

Your thoughts?

2. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    I dont think Junaid should be selected. I think these 4 fast bowlers should be selected and Fahim or Hassan can be selected as an allrounder, I rate Hassan as as good an allrounder as Fahim right now!

My 4 pacers are:

Amir, Abbas, Shaheen, Shinwari.

Allrounder:
    Hassan or Fahim.

3. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Other than Shaheen Afridi I don't have faith in any other bowler to be able to pick up wickets at this point. Amir is having a terrible year and has done nothing recently to suggest he's gonna find his swing. Shinwari blows hot and cold, and is going to fail more often than deliver. Hasan Ali has regressed and needs to prove that this is just an aberration. So, given the performance of our fast bowlers we have to bring Junaid in before the WC and see what he's got. Too many question marks in this side with only months to go before the World Cup.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Question should be whether to include Abbas into odi team or not instead of Junaid who is not bowling as well as he used to once like india tour in 2012!

5. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Faheem Ashraf bats as well as Hasan Ali or even Amir. Not much better. He doesn't deserve to be there as an all rounder.

6. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    There is only Shaheen, who is taking wickets with new ball, nobody is raising hands.

We have tried Faheem, Amir and Usman, but all these look toothless.

Juni used to give us early wickets (I dont know how), so certainly its worth to give him a full series. He cant do worse then the said bowler.

We wouldnt win games in WC until we take wickets with ball and also in the middle of the innings.

7. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Abbas should get a chance in odis to prove himself!

8. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Sure, give him next series, but if he fail then please dont give usual excuse 'we need to invest in him', because there is no time left in WC.

9. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    Give Junaid and Abbas a full series b/f WC, Abbas though is going to go for runs in UAE in onedayers.

10. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Junaid picked wickets against Bangladesh but us mein spark nazar nahi araha he is looking like Imran Khan we had couple of years ago Australia ja ker flunk hogaya tha!!

11. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Junaid should be given a full series against Australia and possibly England too. Amir does not deserve a place right now but he should also be given a series. They should rest Shaheen against Australia and bring him back against England to get used to conditions. Faheem is NOT an all rounder. And bowling alone does not get him into the team. My 5 fast bowlers for WC will be

Shaheen
    Hassan
    Junaid
    Abbas/Amir
    Shinwari

And one more important point is we need a mixture of left handed and right handed pacers in the squad. Can't go with all left handers.

12. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    Yes 1000 times Yes. Shaheen is going to get hammered in england. He’s still fresh and early

CT is proof of why we need experienced bowler like Junaid to open with Amir

13. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Fahim ki bowling is waqt Hassan se achi hai aur Hassan ki batting Fahim se achi!!

14. sabeeh

sabeeh Youngsta Beauty

Feb 23, 2015
    Juanid actually has done well whenever he has got the chance. Just like last game in Asia Cup against Bangladesh, he got the 4 wickets.

You are right, Abbas should get the opportunity as well against Aus but not sure UAE conditions would suit his type of bowling In onedays. He should definitely be tried.

15. sabeeh

sabeeh Youngsta Beauty

Feb 23, 2015
    Not really. Faheem bowling doesnt have any penetration. Hassan is definitely better and will be better in English conditions.

16. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Hassan I feel is not bowling as quick as he should! Whereas, Fahim zor laga kar bowling kara raha tha South Africa mein in my opinion!!

17. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    BTW: good thread @sabeeh - its good to discuss opening bowling options.

18. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Junaid got those wickets but us mein spark nazar nahi araha he is not bowling with same passion as he used to! someone needs to ignite some passion in him the way he was bowling in CT and India tour 2012 and SA tour odi series in which Anwar and Bilawal played and he defended 7 runs against Duminy!!

19. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Taking wickets, ticking all the boxes but still not finding place in the national team because of favoritism.

On contrary, none performers are getting leeway in spite of not taking wickets, so can you really blame him?

20. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Bhai wickets koi bhi le sakta hai weak opposition ke against but kis tarha se le raha hai woh bhi matter karta hai Amir may not be picking as many wickets all the time but he still bowls the way it should be done!! The way Amir sets up the batsmen even now is exemplary!! Dont forget Amir had a 5 yr gap but still there seems hunger in him, he runs in every delivery has ran himself thirsty in last two years and still keeps on going whether he gets wickets or not! Junaid was doing the same for good 3-4 years but he started to lose it as those UAE wickets took a toll on him! It's time he recharged his batteries and learn something from age less Mohd Sami who keeps on bowling quick at the age of 38 doesnt matter if he gets a chance or not~~

21. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    I literally, literally stopped ready at the bold line.

22. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    We need expert opinion on this - @axl100mph - share your thoughts please and also comment on post # 20.

23. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
  24. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Expert?

25. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Indeed, @axl100mph knows pace bowling better than many here and I rate his opinion highly.

26. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    What is the hype about Junaid ? He is the same level as Amir or Shinwari.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  27. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
    having plethora of left hand fast bowlers can be a blessing or curse .
    the way i look at it , as a left handed fast bowler you need to have skill set to bring the ball back into the right handed batsmen otherwise you can't get a batsman out on that angle ( because bowled or LBW goes out of the equation most of the times ).
    i back my point by the fact that many right handed fast bowlers have had better s/r then the great wasim.
    for this very reason i feel right handed bowlers are also important in the setup .
    playing 3 left handed fast bowlers ( who run hot n cold ) can be suicidal.

28. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Competition Winner

Aug 31, 2011
    LOL

Yeah okay then
    [​IMG]

29. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Anyway

Better bowler than Amir and Faheem anyway

30. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    He is okay but we should be looking at better bowlers who create more opportunities like in the mould of Shaheen

31. axl100mph

axl100mph Emerging Player

Nov 23, 2016
    Junaid is not going to trouble the best batsmen consistently...just does not swing the ball, and the pace just isnt there. On a day where there is seam movement on offer, he is an okay option, but we really need somebody else.

32. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Lots of commies mix swing and seam movement or is it just there is a combination of both? say if I bowl an inswinger and it moves in the air slightly before pitching but then hits the pitch and seams in as well. Amir dismissal to Sharma in champions trophy final it’s called Inswinger but the ball clearly seamed of the pitch.

33. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    4 seamers should be:
    Amir, Abbas, Shaheen and Junaid
    Allrounder should be:
    Hussain Talat

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  34. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    I'd bring Junaid back. He's a solid bowler and does pick up the odd wicket or two. I'm not sure if Shinwari should come - he's too prone to being expensive and I'm not sure that's something we can afford. Amir rarely goes for over 5.0, maybe that's all we should expect from him.

35. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    HELL YES!

It's a no brainer whatsoever.

Amir
    Hassan
    Shaheen
    Junaid

Shinwari is too mentally fragile for WC. Junaid should easily be a fixture in the team, its pathetic he's always ignored.

Would also like to see Rumman otthe plane though his injury and lack of cricket recently has messed things up. So unlucky.

36. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Junaid
    Hasan
    Shaheen
    Rumman

Three of those worked very well in the champions trophy before Amir had one good game. One was unfairly dropped to accommodate Amir after a fantastic bowling display.

Amir doesn't justify being in the team. Guy cannot pick up wickets. Duty of the strike bowler is to pick up wickets early on.

37. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Why are you guys picking 4 pacers? Sarfraz clearly mentioned they will take 5 pacers with them.

Amir
    Junaid
    Hasan
    Shaheen
    Faheem (unless Rumman or somebody else has a great PSL)

38. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    I think people underrate Junaid a lot - I agree he doesn't have swing or pace, but after his injury he has been accurate in his line and lengths, consistently bowled on the 4th stump channel so it's difficult to get him away in the powerplay overs. The odd one can get nicked too.

39. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Junaid and Rumman are also average at best, stop hyping them up. Fahim has been trash as well.

We need to look at better pacers in the psl

40. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Faheem is not even a bowler. Cant bowl. Cant bat. Cant field.