1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Should we change captain for next year worldcup after recent failures in ICC Tournaments ?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Apr 2, 2014.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    For the second time since 2007, we failed to qualify for knock out stage of an ICC Tournament , last year in Misbah's caotaincy and now this Worldcup.

Hafeez started his tenure very nicely but made some big blunders in this tournament and was quite defensive and Misbah has always been a defensive caotain.

Do you guys really think we have any chance in next world cup with these two as our captain/vice captain or is it too late to make a change now ?

Should we take a risk and appoint young guy as our captain for next worldcup or just accept the fate that we won't do well and anything more than Quarter final will be considered as a success ?

2. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Yes. Change the T20 (and maybe even ODIs) captain before our next assignment. Hafeez knows he won't be dropped because he's the captain.

Give the new captain some time to learn with Misbah and replace Misbah before or just after WC 2015.

3. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Its too late now. Don't expect anything from this team in the coming WC.

4. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Stats Query: What is the average age of players when different cricket boards appoint them as captain?

5. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Then why not try a new captain ?

Iam slightly inclined towards Younis as captain.. Though he is a rubbish batsman in this format but might might raise his game for WC and he is a very good captain as well... Other option can be Ahmed Shahzad.

Younis can play as 6th bowler .. Slow medium pace and bat at number 6.. If we want to avail his services as captain.

6. Mir

Mir Youngsta Beauty

May 19, 2013
    itz better to loose with giving a good fight rather than one sided big loses
    so change the captain that's the solution

7. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

Ahmed Shahzad no way. He is a very good batsman but he can't handle the pressure at all. Younis Khan will not be a bad option but for this to happen we need to kick out Hafeez from ODI squad first. Younis will be a perfect batsman for No. 3 followed by Umar at 4 Misbah at 5 and Fawad at 6.

8. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Even Misbah needs to go!!!

Let Fawad(even though I don't think much of him but we need a left hand batsman in middle order) bat at 5, Find someone like Shakib to bat at 6 follow by all-rounders & bowlers.

9. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

That would be perfect but i know will not happen. Only one of Younis or Misbah should be in ODI team and we know who is the better captain out of the two.

10. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    no chance for a youngster getting captaincy for the WC, it will be Misbah. Although I would like Afridi to captain for the final time - go out with a bang.

11. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    you first need the better player in 11 and then pick a captain. Younis doesn't make it to the ODI team unfortunately.

12. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

We need a better Captain desperately and Younis is not a hack with the bat either.

13. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    I wish he could play, likeable guy but he's had lots of odi chances and he just doesn't have the game for it unfortunately.

I'd like to see a fast bowling captain but we just don't have anyone like that.

14. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    take a risk, build for the future, pick a new young captain
    of the current bunch Ahmed Shehzad most closely fits the bill
    personally after the T20 performance I would take that risk now but with no cricket until October that leaves very little time for the new captain to settle in before the WC so most likely it will be done after

15. Pako

Pako Youngsta Beauty

Mar 7, 2014
    Who should be the captain in Test/ODI/T20?
    In my opinion Misbah should stay Test and ODI captain and Afridi should be appointed as T20 captain.

16. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Next assignment is after 7 months.. By then everything will be forgotten.

17. Captain

Captain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 26, 2010
    unfortunately the sad truth... :fp

18. Captain

Captain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

This one went into hysteria when told Hafeez is talunted and blessed in all three formats... :fp

19. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    No, Pakistani awam is full of negativity.

If Hafeez resigns as a captain they would say look he cant even continue after a poor effort in the WC.

If he doesnt, they'll say look he cant captain why arent you resigning.

Like calm your self people, its not his fault. He tried to fit in but the luck wasnt their.

He was looking good against Aus.

20. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    No!

That very un-cruel toward Misbah who have led the team.

21. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Iqbal Qasim.... Is it you?

22. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
  23. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't know, if there is a captaincy it's going to be Afridi guaranteed as captain.

It's a difficult situation, if you're going to make a change make it now. Still a year to go and time to work on it. Any later and it could catastrophic

24. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    Looking further ahead, after the 2015WC, I'd make Fawad captain and Ahmed his deputy. Ideal combo for me.

25. Top Spinner01

Top Spinner01 Tracer Bullet

Feb 27, 2013