Should we just send the Sialkot Stallions to the T20 World Cup?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Mar 10, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Assuming Malik and Rana dont get banned, why dont we just send the Sialkot Stallions to the World Cup? The Stallions are virtually a Pakistan team anyway and they have that winning habit which the national team seems to have lost.

They've won 5 T20 Cups back to back and they repeatedly come back from tough and tricky situations to pull a rabbit out of the hat. We might need to add a couple more guys like another pacer (Cheema) and spinner (Raza) but other than that I think the Stallions would do pretty well if not win the cup!

2. 12thman

12thman Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    I'd rather go for the Lahore Badshah's

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Na the Badsha's wouldn't get past the first round. Inzi did nothing in season 2 and 3 of the ICL, MoYo has never doen anything in a T20 games. Nazir, Farhat, Azhar and Rana wont bat like that against international teams!!

The Badshahs were good against retired oldies and Indian domestic cricketers but not against a proper international team.

4. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    They do have a few sleepers in there though; Adeel Malik? I mean, COME ON NOW, nepotism has its limits ;) . I would like to have that Nazir and Amjad opening combo though (and make that boy bowl a little bit!).

I think our t20 side would still be quite formidable waise Merc; I'm just scared to death about our prospects in test matches.

5. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Yeah with that Mansoor Amjad guy opening the ICC might as well hand us over the trophy and save everyone a trip.

6. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    @game

Well Adeel averaged 59 during the last List A season but he's been poor in the other formats.

7. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    I think that since he's the brother of Shoaib Malik will go agaisnt him and public won't take it well either. we can have our top 6 batters comprising of brothers if thats what you fancy:

Imran Farhat
    Humayan Farhat
    Kamran Akmal
    Shoab Malik
    Umar Akmal
    Adeel Malik

Can you imagine that line up?

8. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I didn't say I want to see Adeel anywhere near the national team. Just that it's not true to suggest that he hasn't justified being picked for Sialkot in List A games.

9. attidude.asif

attidude.asif Emerging Player

Mar 8, 2010
    wot da helll wrong with selectors??? just play the last team which played in england and just get in fawad alam for younis tats it.... putting in players lyk rana, anjum, farhat.... dey ask da world to laugh on us.... some players r just worn out loosers now