Should we punish any of our cricketers for match fixing?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by ShokoTolo_LoloMoto, May 11, 2020.

1. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    I don't think there is a point.

This corruption game is played on A LOT bigger level than poor players. The difference is, our players are dumb, stupid and paindu who don't know how to smartly play this corruption game and make big money. They get caught and that's their weakness.

Our dumb and paindu players are just small fish in this dirty pond of hungry alligators.

If we cannot eradicate the source then we will waste a lot of time and resources punishing the cricketers.

We should go after the big fish and really chop it into pieces and then go after the players, if there is a need.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  2. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Jurm itna chota hota hai saza itni bari dete hein!! Cricket hi inki rozi roti hai kuch khayal karna chahye.. lifetime to cricket khelni nahi hoti hai ziada se ziada 40 saal tak khel jate hein!!

3. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    It's got to stop this match fixing. Every Pakistani cricketer is being called a 'cheat' and not just by an Indian fan base but people from around the world are calling our cricketers this - even some of our cricketers who are completely clean from this ill are being called cheats. Now it's an image thing. I heard Amear Sohail say something like. "Well they (Wasim's lot) started it in the 1990s so Salman Butt is a product of his environment - go catch them 'seriel' match fixers first" - the problem though is the world is changing and something deemed inappropriate or wrong now was not considered 30 years ago. Everyone was fixing in the 90s although now it seems to be just Pakistani cricketers or cricketers of Pakistani origin. A few Indians also fixed in IPL a decade ago but nothing since then. Maybe the odd case here and there but it's not as bad in India. In Pakistan after the trio were put away in 2010 we have had Nasir Jamshed, Khalid Latif, Shahzaib Hassan, Umar Akmal, Mohammed Nawaz, Mohammed Irfan and Sharjeel Khan - this is too much and it needs to end. People like Amear Sohail need to stop being idiotic. What has happened has happened, he's being selfish by letting his personal hatred of Wasim get in the way. why should it continue? Just because it was ignored in the past does not mean it should continue. It's just the most silliest thing I've ever heard. Crimes happened in the past. Does that mean it's okay if they continue to happen in the future? I mean where have these people been kept?

First of all we need to openly condemn this act. I know Salman Butt will say he made a mistake - Well tough son. The next step is to legislate against this. Then get an investigation done with it's main purpose being to find why players fix and then the PCB need to come up with solutions. A big solution to keep top players away from this is to introduce a smaller contract list so you have 19-20 centrally contracted guys instead of 33. The next thing is to improve domestic salaries and try and get players when they are at a young age to carry on with basic school education that means upto 16 - full time education.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  4. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Truth is if the Qayuum report was taken seriously and implemented in spirit, we would never have seen the events of 2010 but the truth is those players were huge and some are ATG's of the game, the report was not feasible for any PCB administration to implement.

2010 was another chance but the inclusion of Amir was another pandora box.

Hence now you have the Sharjeel Khan, Umar Akmal examples.

This is inclusive of what form of fixing anyone was involved in.

5. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    I'm not too sure about it never happening again if they were punished.

Amir, Asif and Butt got banned but then Sharjeel and co. still fixed.

Kaneria got a life ban and you still have fixing going on.

People get life jail for killing and murders still happen.

Some things just never go away

6. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    I see your point but what I mean is bad precedents were set when;

1) Qayuum report was not implemented.

2) Amir was bought back after a atmosphere of sympathy was attached to him.

When players see that reports are not implemented and that you can fein 'bhoola pan' then as long as you serve your term, you can at least get back in the squad.

The wrong precedents have been set.

7. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Yes logically speaking that does make sense. Less people may have been involved in fixing if strict actions are taken to start with Qayum report. However, I don't think it would have eradicated fixing. Maybe just been less rife.

Greed is a big problem in life that leads to fixing

8. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010