Sikandar Bakht, mithaai baante, main wapis nahi aa raha:- Misbah

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Wistful Reminisces, Mar 24, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Can't believe no one shared this yet :fp

Also said that all players did their best, Imran Khan was right, this is pretty much failure of the system

I didn't attack the Sri Lanka team, I didn't play the 2003 WC, I didn't play the 2007 WC, but they blame me for everything. One person doesn't destroy the team

Said in Pakistan, anyone can become an anchor

Said Pakistan team was weaker than other teams, and it's time system was blamed, and structure fixed.

On Afridi and other things, HATERS can note he said EVERYONE DID THEIR BEST
    Will retire from tests by the end of the year, retired from ODI with immediate effect

Said PCB has a challenge to pick the next captain

CLARIFIED THAT MAQSOOD NEVER REFUSED TO FIELD AT SHORT LEG, NOTE ASLI-PATHAN

Imran ne hamesha Pakistan ke lie positive soch rkhi

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  2. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Really team was weak? Why was the team weak Mr. Misbah? Weren't you the Captain of this team for the last 4 years?

Very easy to put blame on the system and others but will never accept own mistakes & short comings.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  3. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    He did, I didn't post every point, but he did admit team wasn't built well over last 4 years.

4. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
  5. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

So whose fault was that?

6. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Well I can tell you it was weaker than the 2003 & 2007 WC's- care to tell us what happened there? Who did you blame? I guess it was Misbah's fault we lost Asif, Amir, Ajmal & Hafeez? The system is a major issue. Some Pak fans need a scapegoat.

• List
  7. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    But interview isn't Misbah saying it's everyone's fault but mine

He's pointing out that all the anchors attacking just HIM are wrong

Did you regularly watch Geo? The language they used for him and his captaincy was pathetic, both from him and Shoaib.

Even Kami pointed that out after the interview.

2003, 2007, Yousuf/Shoaib, why did we lose?

I'm sure you posted somewhere Maqsood shouldn't be selected after refusing to do that, or was it someone else?

8. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't like Misbah's captaincy, but blaming just Misbah is wrong

None of our batsman, in domestic or those selected are good enough to play the sort of innings Kohli, De Villiers do. We don't have the shots they do, or the confidence to execute them, even in domestic

That is a system issue. Our only real attacking shots are slogs or powerful drives, look at the different shots De Villiers has, Mccullum has, Kohli has, etc

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 6
    • List
  9. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Well he was the Captain and he should get all the criticism. When an Army lose a battle its General is criticised not the soldiers.

10. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Reply by Sikandar Bakht was....
    http://files.dailym0ti0n.com/files/x2kfmu1.mp4

Misbah should remember I selected him (Why should he? This is about you as an anchor)
    I don't have a personal problem with him (Yes, you may not, your co-anchors do)
    I'm glad he sees my show
    He should have implemented my tactics, he didn't do so even after watching the show (LOL)
    He shouldn't be test captain

• List
  11. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Why wasn't Inzi blamed? Or every other captain since 92? Why wasn't Afridi blamed for 2011?

• List
  12. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Exactly.

13. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

Afridi wasn't blamed because we reached SF at least and it was the same man who you are defending who was responsible for our SF defeat.

Why not? Waqar was kicked out after 2003, Inzi left the game after 2007 and the attention was diverted because of the death of Woolmer.

1996 Wasim was Captain. His home was pelted with stones after Pakistan lost QF against India.

Every Captain in the past had got their fair share of criticism. So Misbah should take it and just keep quiet.

14. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Waqar wasn't kicked out, he retired, he was old

Inzi was also old and of retirement age

How many of these two had anchors keep making fun of their age, their batting, calling them Ghaddar, Gheedar, Darpok, Kair?

15. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

Waqar was not that old. He could have easily played for 2-3 years more.

Inzi is one of the legends of Pakistan Cricket and won us countless matches.

Misbah is criticised because he had almost 4 years to build a team around him but what he did is there for all to see. And in the last few matches of his career he suddenly woke up to the fact that he needs to be proactive while captaining the side. What was he doing all this time? Sleeping?

16. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Check Inzi's pathetic WC stats- the guy choked when it really mattered.

How is one suppose to build a team when they have nothing brainless cricketers? As already stated, to lose Asif, Amir Ajmal & Hafeez was a massive blow. Is that difficult to understand?

17. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

You know the meaning of building? It means that you should have a good back up strength. Yes Ajmal & Hafeez (bowling) was a big set back but where was the back up?

I think you had started watching Cricket after 2007. Inzi is Pakistan's best ODI batsman ever. Yes his WC record is not that great but overall his ODI record is very good. Stats won't show you what type of a batsman he was.

• List
  18. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    I don't understand when people mention Amir and Asif being unavailable to us... they have been unavailable to us since 2010 and we are in 2015 and its a long long time to find 2 new decent bowlers esp in a country like Pakistan. Anyway, bowling hasn't ever been our main concern.

Even when Clarke took over the Australian team, it was in a mediocre state. Up till last year if someone had said NZ will win 2015 world cup, everyone would have burst into laughter back then. But credit must be given to the two captains for transforming their team in to the biggest contenders today to claim the ultimate trophy. Whereas, we have had been listening the same rona dhona of lack of talent pool unavailable to us back in the domestic circuit.
    Seriously, I don't buy any of this BS when Misbah, Afridi or any expert says that there is no one capable in Pakistan first class system... it has always been like this from where players like Kardar, Hanif, Sarfaraz, Zaheer, Miandad, Imran, Wasim, Qadir, Waqar, Mushtaqs, and Akhtar were unearthed!

He lead the team well in this world cup, must be appreciated on that front... 4 long years should have been more than enough to achieve a lot more than this.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  19. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014

Massive contradiction there, I wonder why :waiting

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  20. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
    Basically the cry-baby can not take criticism!

• List
  21. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014

Well then, using your logic isn't that Afridi's fault? At the end of the day, why didn't he pick someone else?

That's your reasoning for bashing Misbah, apply the same to 2011 please.

• List
  22. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    You're a cowardly person who sold out the nation on CS. A ghaddar, always writing selfishly

Will you take this as criticism for your posts?

23. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

We reached the SF of 2011 WC and Afridi was the joint highest wicket taker in the competition. :shrug

And secondly he was Captain of Pakistan barely for a year prior to the WC while Misbah was Captain for 4 long years. :clap

24. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015
    OK, I think Misbah is now clutching at straws.

Sri Lanka attack, 2003, and 2007 WC have sweet FA to do with Misbah's influence on Pakistan team.

Enough is enough. Misbah failed in my eyes. Why does it take a kaptaan 2 defeats in the WC to realise he has to play aggressively? This has been the problem all along. his defensive and defeatist mentality have hurt Pakistan cricket for sure.

• List
  25. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    ASLI-PATHAN you are contradicting yourself bro, I'm sorry

Also, as much as I like to believe that Misbah was the sole reason for the Mohali loss, all the other batsmen played like trash as well.

Nevertheless, we will never win another world cup unless we get a fearless captain you can build an attacking mindset into the batsmen. It just won't happen. Our batsmen are not technically adept enough to accelerate and strike rotate when necessary and they're not going to win by doing "aaram se". It's a shame Misbah captained the Pakistan team but never realized how the minds of his batsmen really work.

Even after 4 years he couldn't realize that his batsmen are not capable of playing slowly and absorbing pressure to be able to accelerate later. In fact, the quarter final was a PERFECT example of our batsmen failing. This was the first time they tried to go in and play "fearless" cricket somewhat, by being a bit more attacking, which is exactly why they all got starts and couldn't continue on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Misbah was a slightly above average batsmen due to his ability to be reliable and stick to the crease, however, he was always a mindless and non-thinking captain. If he was smart, he would be able to understand his players and get the best out of them.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  26. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Wasn't Amir & Asif banned in 2010? Did we reach the semi-final in 2011 just 7-8 month after the ban?

Last 4 yrs Misbah play the game on his own term & created a atmosphere where everyone had to play according to his role.

Look at the last matches where he attacked with his seamer & the result was that Pakistan was able to save their Face in t his WC. If only Misbah had learned this few years back when everyone kept on reminding him that defensive plan is not in the favor of Pakistan.

27. Donal Cozzie

Nov 4, 2014
    Sorry, you said the general must take responsibility for the loss, then seconds later excused the 2011 general while bashing the former general.

You say Misbah was at fault in 2011 therefore Afridi is blameless, well couldnt I say Misbah wasnt helped in 2015 by the fact that Afridi was totally and utterly useless for the entire tournament?

But wait that involves you bashing Afridi, guess that wont happen. Misbah the scapegoat it is!!

• List
  28. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

How am I contradicting myself?

29. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013

:)

Good point.

There are two ways to handle this type of criticism;

a) Either it is totally BS and you being a dignified person totally ignore it - without stooping to the level of the other person. Because if you do the same, then there is no difference between you and him.

b) If it is a constructive criticism/accusation then you reply in a civil manner.

Misbah has done neither. In case of "a", he is getting back at Sikander Bakhat in exactly Sikander bakhat way.

I would have had more respect for Misbah if he had not said anything. Aren't you the one criticize Afridi for being motor-mouth? Well, Misbah is doing exactly the same!

30. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    By blaming Misbah for 2015 but not Afridi for 2011, with your army/general/solider analogy

31. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

I bashed Afridi to no end after this WC. He played poorly throughout and I even said this that he should have never played after 2011. But I think you missed these posts.

Yes I stick to the point that General should take criticism. 2011 was somewhat a better performance for us compare to this WC and so Afridi was not criticised much. We had lost our settled opener and two front line pace bowlers barely months before the event and still made it to the SF. While Misbah had 4 long years to build the team and still failed even to reach the last 4 and hence he is getting more criticism and rightly so.

• List
  32. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014

Also, the 2011 World Cup was in Asia, this one was in Australia and playing in Asia obviously suits our team much better.

But sure, lets' forget about such factors.

33. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    After resigning. I'd be annoyed if he did this before resigning

Also, he used no vulgar language, or anything. He just said that people like Bakht can now celebrate

Btw, didn't you tell us to celebrate a few days back?

• List
  34. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Misbah might be a good gentleman but this is a fact that he totally destroyed our ODI team in the last 4 years so much so that we are now in danger of dropping to number 8th spot in ODI rankings. This is Misbah the gentleman for you. :clap

35. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    Yes Misbah doesn't know how to bat, misbah doesn't know how to catch and field. Sooner we admit that we are a piss poor team in general the better. It would be the first step in moving forward, blaming one guy for our follies will make sure that we are worse than Bangladesh in 4 years time.

• List
  36. Pakistani4Life

Pakistani4Life Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2015
    People love to leave out key facts to forward their agenda.

37. Donal Cozzie

Nov 4, 2014

Yep.

None of the other players who ever played during that period were at fault. Evil gentlemanly (probably a british accent too as he is a villain) Misbah is the sole and only reason for Pakistans recent ODI woes. I guess now we'll see Pakistan shoot up the tables and win the next world cup with consummate ease now that the "cancer" is gone.

38. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    *Irish accent, if he's the villain

Anyway, who in domestic is a good batsman who'd have put up runs? I've seen a few batsmen in domestic, and there aren't many that would have done a good job

The only one is Fawad who has experience too, but most experts said his technique isn't good enough, so I don't blame Misbah for that. ehtesham agrees with that feeling too

Yes, we had a couple of okay to good batsman, but do we have a world class talent? Even in bowling except Wahab?

We didn't just lose, after our ONLY good bowler did well, we got BLOWN away, 300 was required minimum, and even that wasn't safe

39. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    You cannot have it both ways. On one hand you are saying that Misbah must be blamed for world cup defeat because as a captain he should take all the blame and then also blame him for 2011 world cup loss. Why shouldn't Afridi take the blame there? After all he was the captain.

Personal biases of some posters are irrational and stupid.

40. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

Who is saying that all the other players are not bad? But isn't that the job of the Captain to ask for good players to play under him? Weren't 4 years not enough for a Captain to groom some good players for this WC? Players came & went but our Captain was not changed. The only constant in all these 4 years was Misbah but he failed to build a good team and now putting blame on the system and what not.