So Waqar Younis is the new coach

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by zeenix, Mar 3, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    So according to cricinfo, Waqar Younis has signed on as the new coach of the Pakistan side.

For how many days one must ask. And what are his credentials to support him being the head coach. Is he technically equipped to help our frail batting lineup.
    Will he be able to motivate the current team. Will he manage to remain independent of the team politics.

Will we be able to see those toe crushing yorkers from our bowlers again.

And last but not the least. How long until we kick him out.

2. Mamoo

Mamoo Youngsta Beauty

Mar 1, 2010
    Yep that is us Pakistani been pessimistic, speculative and already collecting rotten tomatoes and egg to throw.

Lets give him a chance wait and see what he brings to our team first, period.

3. Qazaa

Qazaa Youngsta Beauty

Jan 20, 2010
    As with anyone prior to Waqar, i wish him the best of luck.

He of course brings tacit knowldge of the game with him. Will be good for the pace bowlers. As to what he can do about the batting, as in our real concern, im not sure what he can bring to the table.

4. stig

stig Youngsta Beauty

Mar 3, 2010
    Best of luck to Waqar. Probably the best of the few options available. Doesn't really have much coaching credentials to talk about but guess what...so didn't Kirsten & he managed to take India to #1 spot. Using the same example; India has bowling issues & they have a batsman as coach...proof that it can work if you have the right setup & respect from players. I think Pakistan needed a coach who has played the game until recently.Hope Waqars stay in Oz has helped his coaching abilities.

5. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    He is our fourth coach in lets see three years. Enough reasons to feel pessimistic. I believe we have played less and tinkered with our coaches/captains more. I have lost count of the number of captains we have changed since Inzi. Until we get to the root cause that our cricket is suffering from, no messiah is going to save us. As a nation we have a fascination with messiahs and are intoxicated rather we actually believe that an individual is going to change our destiny. And since it doesn't happen, and its never going to happen, we'd have to undergo the perpetual cycle of chopping and changing.

As expected the board hands over a lollypop to the nation in the form of a coach change and we're going to suck on that lollypop for another few series and thus give another lease of life to the board. I dread for poor Waqar, we are going to have another disillusioned coach with a blot on his career

6. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    Seriously, he is an upgrade when compared to Grandpa Inti "Give me another samosa" Alam. He will part with useful knowledge for the pacemen for the English Summer Tour.

7. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Well he might well be an upgrade but to be honest he isn't the solution. I can almost see him looking down crestfallen and to a great extent lost, sometime in the future.

8. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    That is definitely good news. I wish him all the best and I do hope he is able to do the job he wants without having to be a yes man for the big old fat man. I do feel most of the younger players will respect him and young bowlers would be thrilled to work with him.

Much as I love Pakistan cricket and I am a very optimistic person. Our problems are not going to go away with a hiring of a coach. We need better management at the PCB, they should even hire docs and teachers who travel with the team. To educate them and fix their problems and cure stupidity.

9. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
    I bet you
    nothing happen

10. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I'm not averse to letting Waqar have a go at the job of Pakistan coach. I think if he has full control of the team then he may end up doing a good job.

I know we have a batting problem but a why would a batting coach who's also head coach be better than a dedicated batting coach who has no other responsibility other than improving the batting?

11. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Give this responsibility to a PAKKA Thanedaar of Pind Dadin Khan. I can bet my last Rupee that he'll get this thing done in no time. A stroll in the Police station Drawing Room and all the rest and idiotic ideas that somehow manage to permeate the minds of our players will be gone forever.

12. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    My problem is with the proposed solution. Waqar may or may not be a good coach, however the best coach in the world can't make us to stick to work ethics. Basically our players have too much time on their hands. Hence they utilize this time by indulging in nonsensical/nonsense issues.

Allaudin Khilji was the proponent of this idea. To counter the ever scheming treacherous minds of the Ameers, he confiscated all their property and made them work to earn their money.

13. saint29

saint29 Youngsta Beauty

Feb 28, 2010
    Unless we provide some sort of control to any coach whether it is Ian Chapel or Waqar yunis The results will be the the same old same