1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

So you score a brilliant 176 in your last test innings and you get dropped?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by XYZ, Apr 3, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
    Not to mention, you also score two test 100s in last 4 innings.
    Only in PCB, only in Pakistan!

4-3-2015 7-40-44 AM.jpg

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  2. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
    Yep, should have been kept for tests.
    Should have been excluded from LO formats though.

3. Ghaffar

Ghaffar Youngsta Beauty

May 6, 2010
    Cause of attitudes.

4. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Because Waqar can't handle him. Really unfortunate how Pakistan Cricket is being abused by incompetents.

5. Ghaffar

Ghaffar Youngsta Beauty

May 6, 2010
    Akmal-Shezad-Afridi. Trio are not team players

• List
  6. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    As far as my memory serves Pakistan won the three test matches when Shehzad was opener against Australia and NZ. What team player are you looking for ?

7. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Only positive from today's announcement.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  8. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Someone who doesn't act like an idiot and undermines his captain.

I get that its difficult for some Pakistan fans to get it in their head, but Team > Individuals

• List
  9. Pakistani_Legend

Pakistani_Legend Talented

Oct 4, 2014
    If he is dropped due to attitude problems, why is he selected for T20s?

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  10. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
    O I see, I find two big negatives and you only find only one positive! :)

11. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    There's an ATG called Afridi, who primarily acts as Godfather for Sir Shezzy.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  12. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    I actually found infinite negatives

13. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013

Not your fault, the culture of being "yes man" has been drilled into our head.
    "Yes man" players are the best.
    "Yes man" captain is the better than Imran Khan.
    "Yes man" selectors are the best.
    "Yes man" PCB executives are the best.

I guess, Asad Shafiq must have been selected because of his "yes man" attitude - even with an ave of 13 and S/R 58 in last 15 ODIs?

Chris Gayle undermines the whole WICB, yet gets selected!

Great mangers make the employees with attitude work for them. They don't run away and show their inability by firing those employees. That is chickening out.

• List
  14. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    If someone needs to be fired because of stubbornness and ego that will be Waqar. No accountability on how he handled media after SA game.

• List
  15. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Someone should have remind Shehzad that he score 176 in his last inning may be he had played better in the WC. Anyone who think great of himself & bigger than the team has no place in a team sport.

He must thanks Afridi that he is still in T2o team.

• List
  16. Pakistani_Legend

Pakistani_Legend Talented

Oct 4, 2014
    Fair point.

17. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    Amateurs - bloody amateurs.

I expect Bangladesh will give them a hiding in the LOIs.

18. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
    So how did Shehzad undermine Misbah? By taking a lot of selfies with Afridi?
    It would have been OK if he took those selfies with Misbah or acted like Asad Shafiq to get selected over and over again?

19. Kianig89

Kianig89 Emerging Player

Oct 18, 2013
    Devaluing the test cap Shehzad was doing fine pathetic just pathetic from Superman Harroon

20. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013

Haroon was not going to "undermine" PCB Chairman - as Don Corleone said, undermining your superiors is a baaaaaaaaad thing.

21. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Shehzad should have been in tests but other formats are questionable. He needs to improve strike rotation quickly to have any chance of greater things in faster paced formats

22. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    cant take singles..either hit or tuk. glad hes dropped.

23. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
    The thread is about test match non-selection where he scored 2 test 100s in last 4 innings - without singles and with hit or tuk like Misbah.

24. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    what r u trying to understand? selectors didnt play fawad in the wc saying hes a test batsman and now the only side hes left out from is the test team...so dont try to look for logic with these selections.

25. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Obviously for W63L35 it doesn't matter if a player's attitude stinks, hunts for captaincy or keep favouriting tweets against his new captain, he doesn't support the team anyway so I guess that's why certain individuals matters more to him.

Shahzad need to go back and improve instead of thinking like he is Viv v2.

As for how and why then you should read those Pak newspaper articles you post all the time and take as the sole truth. You'll find a lot of info there.

Gayle doesn't undermine his Captain or think he is untouchable AFAIK. His issues with the WICB is relating to other things such as participation in domestic leagues and payment issues etc.

Although I understand that it must be so hard for you to understand when you're blinded by bias so I wish you the best and hope you can learn to look at issues like these without your tinted glasses.

If you need any help then I'm sure this forum is always available for you(or Pakpassion.net from your other username there)

• List
  26. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    If I were Shehzad I would immediately resign from all formats. Call a press conference and make a huge noise and big deal about this. It seems that is the only way it works in Pakistan. Use media pressure. After all YK managed to unfairly get into the WC squad using those tactics.

27. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    If he does that then he should be kicked out forever.

It's bloody time Pakistan Cricket learn the value of professionalism and 'The Team'

28. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Its not professionalism when you drop a player from test squad who scored 176 in his last innings and then go ahead and select him for T20. If his attitude is a problem then this should be clearly outlined and reflected in the selection policy.

29. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

It doesn't matter if you score a 100 or 200 if your attitude stinks and can harm the team atmosphere.

Understand now?

• List
  30. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    plus I think hes dropped because of his attitude issues+bad form

31. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    No Sir you don't get the point. Where is the transparency and consistency of PCB selection. Is that you call professional management and selection. Why did PCB selected him for T20 when they think he has attitude problem. What a mess!!!!

32. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    maybe because there is one player who is not in the test team and odi, but captaining the t20 team who wants him?

33. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Shouldn't have selected for T20s either, although I guess being the chamcha of Afridi has its advantages when Lala is captaining the T20 Team.

Back when Younis threw a tantrum and threatened to retire from Test matches if he wasn't selected for ODIs I also held the opinion of dropping him from Test matches too. What would have happened, we could have lost a few series perhaps?

Long term > Short term gain

Eventually we would have found a way to cope without him.

• List
  34. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    New Zealand were down in the gutter before they changed their entire setup and look at them now. Sri Lanka were minnows before they decided to take some major steps and finally managed to put together a good team, but after years of poor management they might end up as mediocre again now that Jaya and Sanga has retired.

India have emphasized on selecting deserving players(although they do still have a few cases of sifarshi selections here and there) and 'The Team Spirit'. They have many good players, players much better than Shahzad, who have done more than he'll probably do in his entire career, but they play and act like a team. Those who thought they were above the team were booted out.

• List
  35. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011

Needs to sort out his attitude. He is now free to take as many selfies as he wants.

36. Ghaffar

Ghaffar Youngsta Beauty

May 6, 2010

37. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Don't like his attitude but he was good enough for the Test squad. However, some times you need to give someone time to reflect and make changes, so this could be a long term positive.

38. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    The attitude narrative is being stretched too much and the worst part is that there is no evidence to back up Ahmed's bad attitude as per alleged reports.

Awful decision. Incompetent tattu board.

39. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
    Everybody is ASSUMING that Shehzad is dropped because of his attitude but nobody has given any examples of incidents showing his bad attitude? Anybody? Did he go over his limit of selfies allowed by PCB or what?

40. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Thats the point. There is no evidence or no official response. All based on reports which can be potentially invented. Even my grandma can speak something, put it up as a report and voila the dumb awaam would stick on it like bees on honey.

• List