Sohail Tanvir out for four months

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Taazi Khabrai, Mar 10, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Taazi Khabrai

Taazi Khabrai Cricistan News Bot

Mar 9, 2010
    Sohail Tanvir has been ruled out of cricket for four months after undergoing a surgery on his knee in Australia. The knee injury had resulted in him pulling out of a contract with Victoria during the Australian domestic season.

"Tanvir has had an operation in Australia today for a chronic knee problem and he has been advised to rest for four months," his agent, Salman Ahmed, was quoted as saying in Reuters.

Tanvir, who burst onto the international scene in the World Twenty20 in 2007, last played for Pakistan in a Twenty20 international against New Zealand in November last year. He had suffered a back injury after the 2009 World Twenty20 in England, was left out of the tour of Sri Lanka and returned to international cricket after five months in November, against New Zealand in Dubai.

Tanvir has been out of action in Tests since December 2007 and hasn't played ODIs since May 2009, against Australia in Abu Dhabi.

Source: Cricinfo (Click Here for full story)

2. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Tanvir cant seem to shake this problem with injuries, it's a shame because he was a promising all-rounder in the shorter versions of the game.

3. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    this injurys been troubling him for ages, hopefully this surgery will cure it for once and all. he should have tried the placenta doctor in bulgaria

4. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    LOL at Ghulam's suggestion.

It's not like this makes too much of a difference though, Aamer is a far better prospect both as a bowler and a batsman. Tanvir's 15 minutes are over I'm afraid.

5. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    Tanvir was a good hard hitting all rounder prospect, whereas Aamer has a good batting technique and can develop his batting as he is only 17, he isn't naturally a hard hitter of the ball and looks more like the kind of guy to play his shots on the ground in drives.

6. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    There is no harm in having a good solid bench strength, you never know when someone could lose form or get injured.

7. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    I'm sure we have better prospects in the wings than a left arm trundling "allrounder" who can't bat to save his life (no hot cakes with bowling either). Maybe Tanvir should try orthodox left arm spin again ;) .

8. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    You saw RBS T20 i dont think I saw anyone who would set the world on fire with his talent. Heard alot about Talha, who looked sharp but leaked away way too many runs with wayward bowling. Then there are people like Wahab Riaz and Shoail Khan who just are decent at best.

9. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I have to agree with Noman. Other than Raza Hasan, I didnt see anyone exceptional in the RBS T20. Tanvir is better than most of them and that's why Wasim picked him over other guys in that camp.