1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Sohail Tanvir

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by ShokoTolo_LoloMoto, Oct 15, 2020.

1. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    So yesterday there was game going on, I think in Rawalpindi, and Sohail Tanvir got smacked for a huge six.

And the commentator goes something like, "Aisaa kai baar deykhnay ko milla k Sohail Tanvir ko chakka parra aur gaind unhi k naam pe bannaey huvay stand mein jaa girra".

"It has happened so often that Sohail Tanvir got smacked for a six and the ball landed into an enclosure named after him".

And I was sort of left wondering, was or is Sohail Tanvir with an action like some battakh, SO GOOD that they had to name a stand after him?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2020
  2. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    No because he is a Pindi Boy.

3. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    I’ve never understood how such a crappy, amateur and inefficient action got through the system all the way to the national team?! Unbelievable.

And this is not a Mike Proctor comparison because as least proctor was a proper all rounder.

4. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    and Malinga's Fidel Edward, Paul Adam's, Murali's action weren't crappy inefficient ?

its not about the action, its about working well with it and performing
    if u want suitable proper actions and stances, go open a robot factory and start dishing them out

5. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Errrmm......I’m not saying that.

There’s a big difference between their actions and tanvir!

Fidel Edwards and Malinga’s actions gave them something. Pace, swing, reverse swing esp for malinga.

Paul adams’ action gave him the ability to get significant turn on his chinaman googlies.

Tanvir’s action was rubbish because it looked rubbish and completely inefficient because it slowed him down as opposed to Edwards and malinga whos actions allowed them to generate pace.

Tanvir was and is a clown. He was mildly effective at the start of his career due to the batsmen prob laughing uncontrollably at the sight of his action

6. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Tanvirs action confused lots of batsman and he had a killer slower ball

he did more good for Pakistan cricket that bad performances

7. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    Well average of 36.14 in ODI, 26.92 in T20 and 24.91 in T20s, with 5.22, 7.18 and 7.36 Economy says something else.

8. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Whose records are these?

My main point is unorthodox actions are fine - I’m definitely not opposed to them. We’re just talking actions here. My point is that the action has to give you something - with murali, malinga, adams and Edwards. It did actually give them something. Whether they translated that to performances or good stats is another point.

Tanvir’s action didn’t really give him anything. Maybe a bit of early career deception, but that doesn’t last once you’ve been worked out.

Extra pace, extra swing or extra turn is always a lot more enduring than simple initial unorthodoxy

9. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Wait Sohail has a stand named after him?!

10. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    We are talking about "Sohail Tanvir", aren't we?

11. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    I think even Imran Khan did not have a stand named after him while he was actively playing.

Sohail Tanvir is not a living legend, he is a playing legend.

12. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  13. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    Not legend just a player.

14. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Tanvir is not a legend. Unnecessary.