Squad for Australia Test series

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Shahzad.Firdous, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Whispering Death

May 29, 2010
    After Asia Cup, we have to take on Aus in a 2 match test series. We will have to think what squad we are going to select for Aus. In my opinion, this should be the squad for Aus:

1. Azhar Ali
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Harris Sohail
    5. Asad Shafiq
    6. Sarfraz
    7. Shadab
    8. Amir
    9. Hassan Ali
    10. Yasir Shah
    11. Abbas / Shaheen
    Reserves: Shaheen, Shinwari, Nawaz, Fahim Ashraf, Imam, Usman Salahuddin.

2. Phenom

Phenom Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2017
    Zafar/Irfan for Nawaz.The rest I agree with.

3. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    My squad:

Imam, Azhar, Haris, Shafiq, Babar, Shadab, Sarfraz, Fahim, Yasir, Abbas, Wahab, Shaheen, Zafar, Saud, Saad, Salahuddin, Fakhar & Bilal Asif / Haseeb-ur-Rehman

Wahab has always been a potent bowler in the UAE because of his pace and reverse swing. On the other hand, Amir is useless in the UAE, and with a long season to follow, it is best for both the interests of the team and his interests to sit these out for Wahab

Shaheen is another guy who could probably come good on placid UAE tracks with his pace

Zafar is the best left arm spinner in the country, and in an unreal world should be the second spinner to partner Shah. He can bat as well

Saud has been killing it in the current QeA, and it would be a travesty if he misses out. He can also bowl some useful left arm spin

Saad & Salahuddin had been very good in the QeA last year and were part of the squad that toured England. It would make little sense to drop them without giving them a proper run

Finally, Australia has a lot of left handers in their XI so it’s important to have an offspin option in the squad. I’m not a big fan of Asif, but he does have performances in QeA. Haseeb ur Rehman is the other offspin option they could go with.

4. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Whispering Death

May 29, 2010
    Shiwnari should be part of the squad too@

5. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Fakhar
    Imam
    Azhar
    Haris
    Asad