1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Stay away from shopngift.com / pakistancourier.com

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Feather, Jan 9, 2014.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Normally I am not the one to review companies/products or complain much but today to say I am upset would be an understatement. For someone who shops online all the time I have come across some shady companies but shopngift.com / pakistancourier.com by far has been the worst company I have dealt with. All companies are bound to have their bad days but it seems a good day is a rare thing for this company. We have been using this company for years now. My parents every now and then spend lot of time in Pakistan on their birthdays and mother/father day we would often send them flowers/cakes to Jhelum.

Both of my elder brothers would often send items to their families as well because they lived in Pakistan for a while. We have never really asked about the quality of the items delivered and people are often very polite even if there is a issue. I know there has been issues and I did write to them about two years ago when they didn't deliver a cake for my brothers son birthday for three days without ever notifying us. He was very upset so I had written to them on his behalf. I believe they made up for the mistake by delivering the cake along with some other gift.

Recently I got engaged so everyone within my family decided to send something to Pakistan. In all it was I believe 5 items. Three items delivered two days later and two items on the 3rd day. No issues as everyone was happy they got the stuff. A week later I decided to send some flowers and teddy bear for her :) wanted something edited on the card. So I called their US number no one ever picks up. So I called their Pakistan number no one ever picked even after I tried about 20 times. I emailed them. No one ever replied.

Not only they didn't edit what I wanted on the card. They still managed to screw up the teddy bear. I picked a simple bear with nothing written on it. Obviously they give you choices. Instead she or my mamu had a teddy bear delivered to him that had 'I love you' written in multiple places. Even then I was like ehh...hopefully Mamu isn't upset. Plus I don't know her so well to be sending her I love you anything anyway. No issues I moved on.

It was my Mamu's birthday on Jan 8 so I decided to send him a cake to wish him. Called him yesterday to wish him. It was all fine. Today I get an email from this company telling me the receiver refused to accept delivery because he wants the money instead. I was like WTF? My Mamu is a retired Navy officer. Well educated and very well mannered person. A genuine nice guy. I was honestly stressed out. I just got engaged with his daughter and I was like praying I hope I didn't upset him or something but then I never understood why on earth he would want the money. This guy has never asked for help or taken a rupee from anyone ever in his life.

So I called him couple of hours ago. Sh*t scared cause when he doesn't want to be polite you simply don't want to be anywhere near him. Anyway I spoke to him and he told me he didn't want to say anything earlier because everyone was very happy about the engagement that he didn't think he should have said anything. He knows how this gift service works. His been around the world and we have sent him things in the past. They are suppose to use premium hotels or bakeries to deliver the goods. He said they brought 8 KG mithai possibly from the worst bakery in Kharian. That too stale. Dry fruit item was anything but fruits of any kind. Garbage. The chocolates my sister had sent...they didn't have them so they delivered something else instead.

Someone called him yesterday to tell him the cake I had ordered for him wasn't available from cakeandbake? and if the person could buy a cake from a local bakery and bring it. He said No! you bring what we ordered and if you can't deliver today bring it tomorrow. Do not bring us a stale cake from a 3rd class bakery. My Mamu also tells him that you guys get paid for premium products but you guys brought crap earlier. The guy plain out refuses they delivered anything earlier. Instead tells him he is going to have the order canceled and respond back with saying the customer wants the money instead. At this point he got upset and told him to shut his mouth. Luckily this guy was on the phone or else would have gotten a serious beating.

I mean this is pathetic. Not only do you not deliver the items ordered in the first place. They deliver items from 3rd class bakeries then be rude about it. I respect my Mamu a lot. Everyone does within my family. Hearing someone talked sh*t to him on the phone really ticked me off. I have recommended this company to many people and there is like 6-7 people within my own family who use it. No more!

If there is anyone on this site using this company. I do suggest you find a new company. If these guys haven't screwed you over...they will soon. They honestly do not deserve the amount of business we have given them. Its okay its their loss.

I am going to ask them to cancel the order and refund the money to me. Also send them a link to this thread.

2. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    post edited

: (
    x

3. ManHOOS

ManHOOS Talented

Sep 19, 2010
    Horrible to hear, Poor customer service

4. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    WaQaReD! while I am no fan of their customer service or how one of their reps has handled the situation I think by name calling or insulting everyone who works within this company is little extreme. If you can please do edit your post. No, my family isn't going to be reading this but why drop to the level of the guy who behaved badly.

Part of the reason I posted this review is so someone from within this company investigates this issue and takes corrective action. I have least recommended them to over a dozen people and we have used them to send gifts to Jhelum before. I checked with my parents least then the cakes etc came from Punjab Bakery which is decent. Only issue was...couple of times the gifts were delayed.

However whoever they are using in Kharian is definitely a shady person/distributor because it isn't possible to screw up multiple items in multiple orders without not knowing.

5. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Acha what was that poetry you let them write on the card :D

6. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Right! I didn't put anything on the card. Except Allah appko khush rakhey lol

Then you guys made fun of me. So I wanted that edited. I called them like 20 times in Pakistan. Then emailed them. They never replied. I found something really good which I shared with Kashif I wanted that on the card but my luck these guys never reply to anything. Including the email I sent 6-7 hours ago. Considering it was afternoon time in Pakistan one would think these guys would care enough to least get back to you.

7. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    Have you tried Tohfay.com? Another similar service for doing multiple stuff in pakistan is mamooninpakistan.com. Both are run by same ppl. Haven't tried myself but heard good things about them.

8. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Talk about being completely unprofessional. Not even a reply. One would have thought they would have made some effort to make things right. I am glad now this thread shows up in google right after their sites.

9. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Thats just awful. The teddy bear part, I hope it didnt scare her :lol

All navy/army/air force guys, you dont wanna be anywhere near them when they are not having a good day, thats for sure.

10. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Feather Getting his bride to be a 'I love you' teddy bear, what a sweet chap.

11. SIX OR FOUR

SIX OR FOUR Youngsta Beauty

Jun 4, 2013
    A lesson to all. Don't trust any service in Pakistan from couriers to transport from mobiles to everything.

12. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Feather bhai, I hope you give her a call each day. That means more than a teddy bear :rofl

13. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Laugh all you guys want the last thing I want happening is getting my ass kicked. All the gifts were shipped to her dad's shop. I am just glad he didn't say anything to me. Most likely he knows it wasn't my doing. As for talking on the phone...not happening not anytime soon.

Anyway I am going to wait until end of today to see if I hear something from them and if I don't I will simply call my bank to do a charge back for the last order considering they didn't ship it. Its their loss.

14. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    Feather is such a romantic guy..

Romance personified :shrug

15. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    are you sure you dont want me to edit my original insult post?
    no 4 letter words this time i promise x

16. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    WaQaReD! in a genius master stroke this company has managed to reply that finally my email has been forwarded to someone...who? I have no idea the reply was like sad one liner you would get from a troll.

17. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    I love you teddy bear - LOL

18. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
  19. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

20. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Paroooooooo...... Kyon....

21. Sohail Arif

Sohail Arif Youngsta Beauty

Oct 10, 2015
    Hi
    First of all your review for your pakistancourier.com or shopngift.com is entirely wrong and you are not our customer and maybe some competitor trying to create negative reviews

If our services would have been bad you would have not used for many years, If you had issue first time when your cake wasn't delivered on time you would have not returned, even if you returned second time and had bad experience again, that would have been last time

It seems you trying to say that you got bad service again and again and you kept ordering, it really doesn't make sense.

Our vendor on website is mentioned for every city for cakes, so if you would have actually ordered you would have known which bakery we use

I would suggest everyone to view our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/102072346531401/ and see what our customer say about our services, I agree we may not be 100% perfect but we make sure every customer is satisfied with our services, as our business is to build customers and not loose customers, We go out of the way to satisfy our customers. Our system is designed in such a way that if customer has any issues he/she is automatically marked as VIP customer for future order so we can make sure mistakes are not repeated in there order at all cost

We are in this business since 1998 and have 100,000 plus customers, if our services would have been poor we would have shut down long time back

If our services would have been bad you would have got feed back from other people on this forum too, since you dont have anyone to second you, i guess that says it all

Thankyou
    Sohail Arif
    Pakistancourier.com

22. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    Better late than never I guess

23. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Sohail Arif has been working on this masterpiece for one year.

24. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
  25. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Let's be glad he responded before the birth of Feather's kids.

26. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    why the hell are spammers allowed on this forum

27. Sohail Arif

Oct 10, 2015
    Sorry if i was late, one of our regular customer pointed out this few months ago, i tried to registered here but it was giving some error at that time

28. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    well tbh this is great customer services.

29. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011

Subhanallah

30. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    We don't trust you. We are going to use mamooninpakistan now which is ran by OP's Navy wale mamoon whose cake you had ruined!

31. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
  32. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 18, 2012
    @Sohail Arif - A simple apology on your part would've done the trick.

The first rule of business is that the customer is always right. The second rule is that when the customer is wrong, refer to rule number one.

33. Sohail Arif

Oct 10, 2015
    @desi joker
    Yes customer is always right but only if its your customer

34. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  35. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Wait a minute. Feather's been sending teddy bears and I never got one?

36. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    @Sohail Arif I have seen people do lots of stupid things when they think no one is watching but to join a public discussion forum which is visited by thousands of people daily and then accuse one of the founders of the very site of lying? This is beyond idiotic but completely expected from you and your company.

I guess you took comfort in knowing this user no longer posts so why not have a go at him...wow that is stupid!! After my public rant I quickly moved on however now I am thinking a small campaign on Facebook wouldn't hurt and finally I would be able to put the free $150 AdWords credit to use by advertising this forum post to your targeted customers. I do expect you to reply and perhaps do the right thing. Maybe because you want to do the right thing or simply to avoid having someone run an entire campaign showing your company and yourself to be the fools you really are.

Regards,
    Majid order1.JPG order2.JPG

37. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
  38. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Thank you for letting me know about this thread. Merc though you could have replied considering you were well aware of this episode considering we had an entire whatsapp conversation about this. You left a member of CS to hang...no teddy bears for you!

PS: Can you imagine the scandal it would create if I sent you a teddy from these guys and they delivered a teddy with all the I love you's everywhere...I don't want you getting ideas!

39. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    It would be one of the best days in my life

40. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Merc on a serious note I have emailed Sohail Arif a link to this thread. Just so he is aware that I have replied. If he wants to do this in public or do the right thing here in the forums or in private I am open to it. I have thought about this and I have decided I will not be letting go of this for now least until some damage is done to this company. Do you mind if we were to clean up this thread a little bit so we can advertise this thread? I might also make another thread asking CS members to share this thread on their company Facebook page. Just to make a point. Are you fine with that?