Suicide in school in Karachi over "love"

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Wistful Reminisces, Sep 2, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
  2. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Not taking anything away that what the kids did was stupid but sometimes parents really can be very stubborn.

3. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    I'd be inclined to agree if they weren't Matric students

Imo, if they hadn't killed themselves, they wouldn't even know each other's names in a couple of years time

4. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    this is also down to parents by not looking after their kids properly .. and again proves the point of house wife in another thread.

if parents are around their children, they will know about everything they do and above all they will not be exposed to bollywood and all this romance crap in movies and dramas.

5. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    @ASLI-PATHAN bro just out of curiosity, can a man marry a girl of his choice without parent consent? As far as I know the obligation is only on the girl to seek permission from her guardian. Is that right?

6. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Yep right. But don't forget that in Quran on numerous occasions Allah order us to obey our parents and never do or say such things which can hurt them in any sense. So for a Nikah the parents consent is not obligatory and without their consent the Nikah will be valid but with disobeying them you will indulge in another sin and this is not advisable. The parents are the only two persons who will always look for your benefit no matter what so a wise person will never ever ignore their consent.

7. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't blame the parents as much as most seem to do in this case

Kids like this are usually angels at home, with parents not knowing how to use computers, etc. Seen many such kids leading double lives with very attentive parents who have no idea what their kid is doing while going to tuition

Also, the mother of the boy, at least, is a house wife, iirc.

Anyway, depends on the parents, my mom works as a teacher, she still monitors everything that happens

8. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Isn't this whole love and romance in school thing Haram in the first place? Even if parents did agree

9. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Ofcourse relationship before marriage is haraam. And haraam is haraam either with parents consent or not.

10. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    i dont think there is any issue in marrying someone of your choice but it is much better to make your parents agree rather than going against their wish. our parents have sacrificed so many things for us and it does sound quite selfish if i go for a girl against my parents wish.

another important thing is that it will severely affect my relationship with other people in our family, this is not bollywood or some fantasy world where everything should be okay for such couple.. we live in this society and it will tremendously affect our and our next generation life.. so i think its better to convince your parents about your like.

11. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    The sooner the kids realize this that the love of parents is bigger, stronger, unconditional and pure than any other love the better will be for them & their future.

12. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    i shared some stuff with @ASLI-PATHAN before and he advised me rightly for which i will always be thankful.

and while you are emotional you dont realise this but believe me there is no one more important than your parents in your life.. they pray for you all the time, they worry about you all the time and always want you to be successful. all their love and sacrifices are unconditional and i will never go against my parents wish. The only real asset in this temporary world is your parents and make sure to keep them happy while they are around.

13. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    For this sad incident I blame our system, our media, our schools, the parents and last the kids. All failed in their respective duties and this was the end result. Kids in teen years are very difficult to handle and this is the real test of parents when your children are stepping into adulthood from their childhood. The parents of these kids failed imo in this test.

14. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Both of the kids parents working?

15. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    This is very saddening. Feel for the families.
    Same spelling mistakes fp

16. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Keep your kids away as far as possible from bollywood movies. @SwingNSeam this is especially for you. I Know u are a big bolly fan.

17. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Same writing too, imo, one person wrote both letters

18. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    We all know you're a big SRK fan @ASLI-PATHAN

Dramaybaaz

19. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    i dont know but i was talking about general concept.. may be both parents were not even working but kids at this age are very emotional.. passing through a delicate age and all their activities need to be monitored and not exposed to this romance crap in movies and dramas.. should rather be taught their own values and traditions.

it can be down to negligence as well. not necessarily associated with them working or not working.

20. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    I will not lie in your age I watched lot of bollywood stuff even though we had no satellite TV or VCR at home. My father (May Allah grant him a place in Jannah) was very strict in this matter and now I am thankful to him for that. But believe me since the birth of my first kid in our home its either Cricket, Cooking channel or cartoons on TV. My kids even don't know what is a movie or a drama.

21. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    I don't necessarily disagree with you, but no matter what you do, people at this age will get exposed to such things and perhaps develop feelings for others. And about those movies and dramas then those things are revered in Pakistan and India.

22. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Umm I watch like 3-4 Bollywood movies a year. And that too is a stretch.. Can't bear them anymore. I think ure mistaking me with someone else maybe @Don Corleone who goes and does an item number in the theater with Katrina on the screen or @TM Riddle.

23. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    lol, not even a fan of her :p

Only watched Bajrani Bhaijaan and PK in the last year or so. Liked PK best. Hilarious.

24. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    you must have some psychological disbalance to want to kill yourself, i simply dont buy it being the actions of a regular, mentally healthy person influenced by films or whatever. you can do a lot of things out of media influence, suicide i highly doubt.

what i see here is a disturbed kid whose gone and killed a girl cos he pbly got obsessed by her and then killed himself, feel really sad for her and her family.

25. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
    the boy killed the against her will and wrote both letters himself. the hand writing in both letters, the language and the tone is identical. the word "sorry" looks carbon copy in both letters.

26. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    "so-side" too

The gun though, was apparently the girl's father's according to Dawn, which is weird, but it could still be that the boy asked her to bring it and she had no idea why.

Just don't get why she wouldn't write her own letter

27. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Yes it looks like the boy murdered the girl and then commit suicide.

28. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Teen age is very delicate. The toughest period to raise kid for a parent.

29. TM Riddle

TM Riddle Smooth Operator

Feb 2, 2013
    Says the guy who has seen commando over 100 times:ROFL

30. TM Riddle

Feb 2, 2013
    Of course blame it all on bollywood since the sweet innocent pious residents of Pakistan can't do anything wrong and it's obviously a Hindu conspiracy to destabilize the nation by targeting the vulnerable teenage population.

31. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Its got nothing to do with bollywood.

32. TM Riddle

Feb 2, 2013
    Similar incident happened in my college two years ago.Guy entered in the girls hostel in guise of a girl student(security used to be pretty lax back then) and brutally murdered his ex by first throwing acid on her and then smashing her skull with a hammer.Even took out her entrails and cut them too just in case.Both were my classmates and I personally knew them. He's in jail now . @SwingNSeam would probably remember it.

33. TM Riddle

Feb 2, 2013
    I remember seeing her dead body.Poor girl couldn't even be recognized.And what's shocking is that he used to be the most well behaved person in my batch.No one believed it at first.

34. TM Riddle

Feb 2, 2013
    Oh and btw he tried killing himself too by cutting his wrists(this you can blame on bollywood).Obviously he survived.

35. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    i think it is because of shahrukh khan.

36. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    I remember you telling me this. This kind of stuff is so sad

37. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    I agree with those who are saying the boy was the culprit. Seems the case. Handwriting & spelling mistakes the same.

38. Icon

Icon Youngsta Beauty

Mar 12, 2010
    Parents fault. Pakistani youth is perhaps the most confused generation ever.

39. Momo

Momo Emerging Player

Mar 2, 2012
    Such tragic suicides can easily be prevented by shooting any and all idiots hooked on Bollywood crap.

40. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
    You might want to change your avatar then. Otherwise your life could be in danger too!

Welcome back! Missed you and your Afridi posts! I hope you stay until the legend retires next year. :)