1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Tanvir Ahmed: Right Arm Fastbowler

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by BALOCH_786, Jun 24, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    Merc do you have any clips of Tanvir's bowling?

He has good stats in domestic. But dont know if he has variations in his bowling. Sami is quick, fast, but has no variations. I hope this is not another version of sami.

took 23 5w hauls in his 102 first class matches. thats good:

[​IMG]

Cricinfo Profile
    A right-arm fast bowler, Kuwait-born Tanvir Ahmed shot to the limelight in domestic circles when he became the leading wicket-taker in 2009-10 Quaid-e-Azam Trophy with 85 wickets at an impressive average of 17.12. His contribution was more than valuable as it helped Karachi Blues lift the trophy for the eighth time. Since his debut in 1998-99, Tanvir has represented several Karachi teams and has also played for Sind and Baluchistan.
    Cricinfo Staff December 2009

2. Sir John

Sir John Tracer Bullet

May 25, 2010
    selector act very badly with him.

3. Sir John

Sir John Tracer Bullet

May 25, 2010
    he is in good form,deserve a chance in ODI too.

4. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Lets not go that far for now!

5. Sir John

Sir John Tracer Bullet

May 25, 2010
    PCB selection is a joke

6. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    He was poor during the New Zealand tour and he doesn’t deserve to be in any future Pakistan squads. He looked shattered after an over of bowling, to be frank, he isn’t an international bowler. At best a average domestic cricketer.

7. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    actaully he was the best bowler, his speed was not the best but he got the most wickets, i think he got 12 wickets, not sure.

8. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    He took 8 wickets against a mediocre batting line up. New Zealand’s batsmen are among the best at giving there wickets away in international cricket. He shouldn’t be in any squad solely on his fitness, but if he was to be judged on his bowling he still wouldn’t make it for me.

9. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Tanvir's a good bowler when there's some movement in the pitch. He's the only guy we now have who can make the new ball talk.

He's nothing spectacular but like Rao before him, he can do a job when required.

10. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    I think if he bowled a touch quicker he would have made the team. As a fast bowler who opens the bowling you need a little sting. Only person in the squad who could get away with that pace was Asif.

He also looks overweight and was tired early on which the commentators picked up on which cant have helped his case for selection.

11. ahmad18

ahmad18 Youngsta Beauty

Aug 3, 2010
    lack of pace was the main reason he was dropped

12. AAKS

AAKS Youngsta Beauty

Sep 18, 2011
    Anyone missing him? This guy was not the fittest but always took wickets when ever he came on to ball and was handy with the bat to. His stats are pretty good in fact they are great(Bat ave of 30 and bowl ave of 24). I would definitely pick him over the likes of Gul/Junaid