Terrorist threat casts doubt over Sri Lanka tour of Pakistan

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Sep 11, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 2)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Sri Lanka’s scheduled tour of Pakistan hit another major roadblock, as Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) sought the assistance of the Sri Lankan government to conduct a ‘Reassessment’ of the security situation in Pakistan ahead of the tour according to an update by the SLC.

The assistance was sought after the SLC received a warning from the Prime Minister’s Office, sent via the Ministry of Telecommunication, Foreign Employment and Sports.

The warning highlights that the Prime Minister’s Office has received reliable information of a possible terrorist threat on the Sri Lanka team, while touring Pakistan.

The SLC has been advised to take extreme care and ‘reassess’ the situation, before embarking on the said tour.

Earlier, ten Sri Lankan players, including T20I skipper Lasith Malinga and ODI captain Dimuth Karunaratne, pulled out of an upcoming tour of Pakistan citing security concerns.

The other eight who opted out were Thisara Perera, Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella, Kusal Perera, Dhananjaya de Silva, Akila Dananjaya, Suranga Lakmal and Dinesh Chandimal.

Following a militant attack on the Sri Lankan team bus during a Test match in Lahore in March 2009, a majority of international teams have refused to tour the South Asian country.

The tour has been seen as another step towards reviving international cricket in Pakistan after years of isolation.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) also shared a brief response on this development.

"We have seen the SLC statement, but are not privy to any information or intelligence report relating to safety of the SL team," the board said in a statement. "The PCB reiterates its commitment to provide complete safety and security to the SL side and in this relation will continue to work with the SLC."

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...t-casts-doubt-over-sri-lanka-tour-of-pakistan

2. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Just cancel the tour. What good is it inviting a C team that is probably coming because they don’t have a choice?

3. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    Most cricket fans don’t want to write an obituary on the Sri Lankan team.

4. Chishti

Chishti Formerly 'Winsome'

Jan 27, 2012
    This tour should be cancelled for India might go to any extent to attack SL team with the help of her 'b' team, the terrorists, and will never lose a chance to humiliate Pakistan.

5. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    Only problem is that the ones designated as terrorists are found in pakistan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. Chishti

Jan 27, 2012
    And what about those who are killing Muslims in Kashmir? And those who are 'GaoRakshak' killing the ones who slaughter cows or sell? This is the era of money and market. Only those narratives are accepted widely and worldy which are propagated by the rich countries or nations. Was Kalboshan here to perform a pilgrimage? Terrorists are in every nation, when Britqin 'the Christians' killed us in Jallianwala Bagh, they were terrorist but now because they're your fathers that's why only Muslims are called to be terrorist. What's happening in Barma, Kashmir, Afghanistan, Iraq, Palestine and other Muslim countries? It's just about better narratives and narratives are build on economy and power which in the hand of you currently.

7. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012

There is a difference between a murderer and a terrorist. Learn that difference.

Well, what Kulbhushan did or didnot do will be out when he will be retried as per the ICJ verdict.

Indeed Brits were terrorists in 1919. But they are not now.Infact one of the worst terror attacks in UK was carried out by people of pakistani origin.And unlike Pakistan India doesnot survive on global bailouts, so while they may be your fathers, they are not ours.

What is happening in Burma Palestine Iraq kashmir etc? Failure of extremist muslims to live with people of another religion?

Extremism has spread among muslims, thats why they are in conflict with every religion in the world.

8. Chishti

Jan 27, 2012
    That's your own definition, all the people, world know that India is funding terrorist groups to destabilise Pakistan. If these groups are funded by Pakistan then only Pakistan is effectee of these terrorist organisations? Those who drink piss of a cow murder muslims and dallits because they don't worship your mother cow. And we also eat your father and mother that's why you kill us. But reality is that only those narratives are accepted which are in favour of your fathers. Let us make our economy strong (which you don't want) then we'll see who the hell support you for killing us. Now it's you time, let our time come!

9. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    You will keep crying and whining all your life. Insulting other's religion is what makes people like you extremists and thats why people like you have issues and confrontation with every other religion on earth. Then when others give it back you cry. Keep crying.

I too can return you the favour, but i dont insult anyone's religion, thats not my upbringing.

10. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Like Kulbhushan Yadav?

11. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    Can you provide the reference tonthe UN resolution that declared Mr Jadhav as a terrorist?

12. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Guys, please keep the discussion civil otherwise, I will have to remove some of you posts.

Regards.
    Del.