Test captaincy

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Bilal123, Jan 5, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    How long before PCB geta rid of Sarfraz as captain.
    Don't see much special about his captaincy. Below average batting and keeping. I think end of this tour is a good time for him to call it a day for test captaincy. Give it to someone else

2. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    let the tour see itself out, i dont think pak have any other test commitments until after the world cup so leave it on the back burner.

think he'll be replaced by shan if pak keep this level of performance up. shan is unlikely to be dropped after this series.

3. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Might as well try someone new in dead rubber if we lose series in this game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    A test match is never a dead rubber. It's 5 days of proper cricket not some pyjama stuff.

5. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Rather than giving a new captain a new series, might as well let him try himself in a test where nothing to gain. Not as if sarfraz will do wonders in third test after failing in two, if he fails in this test as well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    But that's exactly where Asad's career saving centuries are scored so Sarfaraz will have to stay to protect his bff

7. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Make Shan Captain like his role model Graeme Smith!

8. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Sarfraz and Mickey have ruined this test team. Yes they don't have YK or Misbah but towards last 2 years even those guys weren't anything special. Also a team like Pakistan should be winning in UAE with or without them. To lose series to SL and NZ was atrocious and then silly selections etc. make things worse

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    The same Mickey and Sarfraz won you CT17. Thankless fans. Should be behind your team through losses.

10. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    We are talking about Test Captaincy.

11. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    Sarfaraz isn't special as a captain in any format.

12. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    The same Mickey and Sarfraz who haven't won any test series so far even against ordinary teams

13. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Give it to Shanie to end of the season

14. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    CT win (based on a string of 2-3 decent games), and ODI whitewash of SL and wins in t20s is all these two have to show.

Countless ODI losses to Aus, NZ etc. and so many test losses is what everyone is complaining about.

Also, this thread is for test captaincy. I just don't like Sarfraz's field placings. When SA got to 150ish he spread the field out. The settled batsmen went on to take the game away by making 400+. Should have tried going for the wickets and get them out for under 300 where Pakistan are still in the game.

15. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Should give it to a youngster and back him.

16. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Youngsta Beauty

Apr 16, 2010
    Initially, I didn't give too much attention to Shan Masood primarily because I thought he was a Parchi.

And perhaps he is a Parchi, but I am reconsidering my stance on him after, not only watching him bat, but noticing how he composes himself to be presented as someone who seems a little more intelligent than rest of the headless chickens we have in our squad.

His technique may not be super good and his domestic record may not be impressive but if he has an iota of leadership qualities where he shows some signs of patience and intelligence, then I would consider him as an option for captaincy.

We don't need screaming and sentimental chouthi jamaat fail dumb paindus to put on the helm if we have someone who is a little more sensible and confident. Someone who can analyze the match situation a little better and make wise decisions.

A confident and cool headed captain has a positive trickle down effect on the entire squad.

17. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    A leader can be left alone if he gives a good on field image, Sarfraz is a average captain but what’s worse is he himself gives impression that he doubts his teams ability to win, look at Imran it’s easy to say oh a great captain should always be like this and this and Sarfraz very early was acting a bit like Imran but it took two years and now we have another Misbah but atleast Misbah won at home.

I know this has got nothing to do with cricket but a captain should be presentable, that’s why we need Shan, he’s got good English, he’s gonna be another Fleming basically and he’s tall and smart so atleast will give good image of whole of Pakistan.

18. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Never give up attitude and learn from your mistake are mandatory attributes for a captain. Also, he should be doing fine his primary job and not be part of team only because he's captain.

I think Shan ticks all the boxes, guy has worked on his game to overcome his shortcomings. This should be the attitude of the leader, and he can say to his players that look, if I can overcome my deficiencies, than there is no excuse for others not to do so, or else be ready to be dropped.

The only thing which I am not sure about is his cricket acumen and captaincy experience. However, one thing is for sure, the dude is presentable and also looks good, so @Mohammed Bilal will be happy to see him as next captain :).