Thank You Cricistan

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Major, Feb 11, 2022.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Sad to see what has happened to this place. It has turned into a ghost town.

I remember joining this place back in 2010 I guess when i found about Mohammad Irfan and wanted to get more info on him.....

This forum had alot of potential in the starting days but didnt had the man power to run it. It was Habib alone doing everything. The forum was never going to be sustainable that way...

Alot of guys came and went by, this forum couldn't become a proper community. It was always a small cult and was eventually filled with banned Pakpassion posters. It became more of a refugee camp and the quality was never there. The only discussion that would go on here was what was happening on other forums, or other forums poster did this or that.....

This place had potential. A very good homepage and the forum navigation itself is great with real time alerts. But as I said you need people to run such places.

It was my first forum, its where I started and learn how to interact with people in online discussions. Probably the forum that accepted me when I would get banned in other places as a kid not knowing how to interact on forums.

Sad to see it turn into a ghost town. A beautiful structure stands but with no people. Reminds me of overseas Pakistanis who move abroad make tons of money and build a mansion back home. But the family doesn't want to live in Pakistan and the beautiful mansion becomes empty.

It seems as if all forums are facing this, where the users are decreasing and people dont take much interest with indulging in online discussions and would rather post on social media sites like twitter.

So long cricistan, any day this forum will probably go offline once the payment for its hosting is overdue, and than cricistan would become the forum that once was. We had some good memories :)

2. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    It's a very rare instance of agreeing with you @Major

But this is a sad reality.

3. Top Spinner01

Top Spinner01 Tracer Bullet

Feb 27, 2013
    Wow, this place is really dead, signed in after long time,had great memories of this forum,this is where we all started.Sad!

4. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    singed in after maybe a year or two, what happened. does @Mercenary not frequent the site anymore?

i too was one of the former PPers who got disillusioned with getting infractions for random stuff years ago. think i followed @ASLI-PATHAN here after we were in the outlawz on pp league.

so much time has passed, its bitter sweet, im a middle aged man now, lol. would be interesting to know what happened to everyone. @Mercenary especially.

fwiw it was a fun little community. and the alerts, stats, presentation was top notch.

5. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    guys from this forum shifted to another forum called CT. One of the posters there @Deadlyvenom left you a msg there.

here is the link of the msg and the forum
    https://www.corneredtigers.net/inde...other-cricket-websites.29/page-27#post-148333