The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by chandtara, Jun 22, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    AND the truth shall set you free. You are just but hurt about losing the argument from before and now you repeat the same talking points.
    Ok, and i just pointed out that khan is a public figure that has made poor choices. Now you claiming im questioning his faith???? roflmao All i said was Khan made religion part of his persona.

2. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Why are you just saying same thing again and again? just going around in circles. I highlighted the problems i have with Khan fighting Brook despite his no.5 ranking and "future title fight" but why are you avoiding the point at hand? Collazo is a name which people know, his record is more respectable compared to Brook and he had put a string of impressive wins together ortiz is washed up but he 10x better then 99% of the fighters Brook has been in the ring with. Had Brook won a world title or fought well known name then maybe khan could have considered fighting him.

3. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    lmao making it part of his persona you are making it sound like its only a gimmick which he lives in the eyes of the public, i mean how would you even know if his intentions are sincere or not? what debate did i lose tell me? :rofl

4. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    :lol :lol :lol Collazo is a name which people know. A journeyman is better than a title contender. OK :rofl

5. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    You lost the argument and started hurling abuse. TBH i dont even want to talk to you because your just a horrible and abusive person. OK i submit to your awesomeness. A journeyman is better than a title contender in the world of BBB :clap
    PS i dont think i was the first to call you a fanboy:D But hey if the cap fits!

6. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    :rofl you seriously have lost your mind again this is what you are good at ignorning the point at hand or diverting the topic, a journeyman you really are being silly now. Don't take my word for it but that was not the perception of the Boxing community fans and experts alike, i think its very disrespectful calling a world class fighter like Collazo a journeyman its even more outrageous that you rate Brook higher then him a man who has fought nobodies. Lets assume Brook is the superior fighter to Collazo, how does fighting him still make sense for Khan? it does not people don't know who he is it would be considered a step down

7. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Atleast i am open with how i feel you are nothing but a self loathing ***** who went as far as questioning the integrity of others and calling people you don't agree with fanboys when you were unable to justify your garbage so sorry but you failed you lost sorry. If you can't take shiit don't give it, i treat bigot trolls how they deserve to be treated.

8. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Collazo is world class? PS i know its stupid right? Rating Brooks higher than world class Collazzo bloody ring magazine. who do they think they are. We got to complain!

9. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    :D why so angry?:D Like i said i wasnt the first to call you a fanboy, i think i may have said you are showing the charactaristics of a fanboy first BUT then i deffo called you a fan boy because TBH i think you are.

10. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Kell Brook is an overrated bum, that is all I will say. We have been hearing that he would be fighting for a world title since 2008, but he is still fighting bums. The best name on his CV is Senchenko, a guy Paulie Malinaggi beat by TKO, that says it all. I am not a massive Khan fan, mainly due to his attitude but respect him as a fighter.

11. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Ring Magazine have a set criteria on which they rate fighters, brook and his no.5 ranking do not justify a fight with Khan. People don't know who Brook is and its of no surprise when you consider the names he has been in the ring with, anyways allow it you lack boxing sense.

12. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    I think his fight with porter is an acid test for him. I wouldnt call him a bum but his record is bloody padded:) His next fight is a title shot.
    PS who do you reckon porter or brooks? I hope porter dont do to him what he did to Malignaggi. That was hard to watch.

Might not be fans but we cant deny he looked good!

13. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012

Well he isn't bum, but I thought he would have stepped by now. We have been hearing about him for years. Shawn Porter is a big step up if he does fight him, I think Porter will win.

14. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    TBH i dont know what exactly to expect from him. I'd like to see another UK fighter do well. If he does beat porter Khan v Brooks will be BIG.

15. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Yeah but you did call me that and thats when there was no point in debating with you and am no fan boy i didn't say Khan is the best P4P fighter in the planet did i? just because you don't agree with someone they are not a fanboy. I was simply showing my disgust at the extreme levels of hate for khan from various fans while you were trying to justify it, i would do the same for any other human being tbh no one has the right to make assumptions about who someone really is. I just don't like self loathing Brit Pakis that cry about another mans personal life and use certain incidents against them, e.g the one in Birmingham which was not even Khans fault lmao.

16. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Exactly, its insane for people to suggest Brook would have been an opponent more credible then Collazo for Khan. Am not even saying Brook does not have a chance of beating Khan, just that the fight would only be a step down for Khan career given that the costs outweigh the benefits. Brook is king on the domestic scene i don't understand how people can see beyond that despite his no.5 ranking which is very misleading if you go by the names he has been in the ring with.

17. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    You still moaning? Well thats why i said you deffo are a fanboy afterwards. An abusive unpleasent fanboy who when losing an argument resorts to personal attacks. My opinions on khan are based on the info that is in the public domain. If you dont like it thats your problem. For some reason you thought i took aim at you and started being abusive.

18. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    You called me a fanboy because you were unable to justify your opinions you had to resort to cheap talk when you lost the argument. I was merely showing my disgust at the extreme hatred from khan fans you were the one who took offence to that i think its pathetic to form opinions based on info in the public domain not everything is true. Disliking someone and hating on them is different you been making foolish assumptions about khan for a long while now like a low life i just reacted to your garbage. All you do is ignore the point at hand and keeping bringing up strippers lmao. Fanboys are those who make outrageous assumptions beyond belief e.g Brook being superior to Collazo and a better option for Khan that is what you call a fanboy and some who dont stop chatting shit about the personal life of someone else is nothing but a bitter self loathing hater

19. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    I love how you copy what i say:)
    I justified everything, you lost the argument and you got abusive and started swearing. Then you talk about post quality.
    My opinions on khan are based on the info thats out in public. His womanising, his tweeting pics of wads of cash and strippers erm sorry i meant acrobat :lol . His claims of a fictitious contract which no one has ever seen etc etc etc. Those aint assumptions they are facts:)
    LOL like i said if you think a journeyman is better than a title contender thats your problem.
    I cant help but laugh at you now, moaning like a woman.
    Fanboy just cant let it go. Tell me again how great Collazo is for your career roflmao Lol dude defending Khans honour like he's the hero in a B grade bollywood flick, then thinks he know better than the most respected boxing organisations. :rofl

20. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
  21. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    Guys, seriously. If Collazo is a journeyman, what does that make Kell Brook?

Collazo is a former world champion, Brook is not. Collazo has been in the ring with the best of the business, brook's highlight is Senchenko.

22. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    On another topic, the disagreement currently on going within GBP it's quite interesting.

Oscar and Schaefer not talking to each other. Oscar went to Arum's house to hold some sort of an informal meeting.

23. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    The rumour mill believes Schaefer will break away and form a new promotional company, with Al-Haymon and his fighters making the switch. Could even be run under Mayweather Promotions.

24. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

We have quite a lax moderation policy here but swearing at other users, players or officials isn't allowed. You should respond to the opinion not the user. It's a discussion forum not juvenile verbal MMA.

25. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Fair points. However must be noted that he has mostly lost to all the decent opposition he's faced. Victor Ortiz is a bit of a mental midget but he beat him and thats about it unless im wrong. Lets be honest non of us expect him to challenge for a title.
    Brooks is a bit of an unknown quantity but im backing him to beat porter.

26. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    Collazo has been robbed a few times in the past, I had him beating Hatton. I also the Mosley/Berto fights pretty close. Ortiz was a decent win, nothing more tbh.

I fully expect Porter to get on the inside and bully Brook. If Brook thought Carson I was a tough fight, he's in for hell with Porter. There hasn't been any news as to how negotiations are going, would be great to have it in the UK, though I doubt it. The fight should be around the middle of July.

27. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    Khan's not the sharpest tool in the box, I like him for all the charity work he has done around the world. That's never highlighted enough, nor is his persona, he's a nice guy and everyone who's ever met him has said this.

He does make some head scratching comments regarding boxing but then again he thinks he's just doing it to drum up some interest.

28. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I've just deleted about a page or two worth of posts. Can we just leave it there.

29. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Sure thing bruv. I'd rather talk about something substantive than random nonsense.

30. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    WTH is going on with De La Hoya? Is the dude back on the marching powder?

31. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    yeah definently the best thing, the thread was being derailed by garbage.

32. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    I agree!

33. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Floyd Mayweather Sr seems to right off Khan! It is funny how he looks around to make sure khan aint around.

34. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    [​IMG]

35. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    No i genuinely wholeheartedly agree:D

36. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    It's true though, Khan lacks tactical awareness Mayweather would pick him apart or adapt at some point during the fight and find a way to win like he always does.

37. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    I think Floyd snr is a hater. I remember him personally attacking Khan and suggesting he's on the juice. He's deffo a racist if you ask me!

That said i'd rather wait and see what khan is like at 147. He needs a big established name. He moves well, has sting in those punches and lord almighty he stuck to the gameplan. I dont believe the glass jaw garbage for a second. The klits reign supreme hiding behind their jabs khan can do the same.

38. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    He said the same about manny to don't if it was him or roger, how does that make him a racist? although you could make a case for garcias dad who said pakis can't fight although he said it to provoke a reaction when the bell rang and he was succesful.

39. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    :lol

He just came out of rehab. Tbh, I'm team Oscar on this. He wants to end the so called 'cold war' but Schaefer is turning into Arum 2.0.

40. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    Floyd Snr doesn't like because when Khan was looking for a new trainee after Prescott, he went and trained with Snr and Snr told Khan, I can help you beat my son. Khan then went and joined Roach, who, as everyone knows, Snr dislikes. So he's been sour about Khan ever since.