The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by chandtara, Jun 22, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    I was just joking. Its like khan claiming that hes being discriminated against in the uk. I was being tongue n cheek. I guarantee you that virgil hunter would calm him down. Khan would never have lost had he not gone head hunting against garcia.
    didnt he train hatton v fmj?

2. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    Nope, he trained Hatton vs Pacquiao.

3. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    thought Khan gave a much improved performance against Collazo
    fair enough no one respects Khans punching power which is pretty poor but if he uses his speed he doesnt need a KO punch, just hit and move for 12 rounds that is better suited for his abilities which he did well against Collazo - he never got dragged into a brawl and frustrated Collazo

Maidana is a warrior, have always liked him since seeing his fight v Ortiz - FMJ struggled some early on but I think he dominated the 2nd half of the fight and like many others I had him winning 7/8 rounds of the fight

4. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Charlie zelenoff still around....unbelievable. I thought this tool would have been done by now. Last time I seen him he sucker punched fmj senior. Now he racially abused wilder and threatened to sexually assault his daughter. As always after wilder agreed to fight him it didnt look to good for the idiot. The video is on youtube.

5. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Ran like a ***** after getting connected. You don't piss off the bronze bomber!

6. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    I cant help but think why he does it. He gets battered in every fight hes involved in.Mayweather snr kicked his ass untill he sucker punched him.

7. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    Check out how fmj senior schools him in the ring. At the end you can hear him call the other dude a dirty chimp. Racist piece of crap needed to be taught a lesson .

8. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
    Can you guys imagine Iron Mike fighting during this period.Trolls wouldn't exist lol.

9. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    And Iron Mike would be in jail for decapitating zelenoffs head with an uppercut.

10. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
  11. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Hahah wow.. how can guys be so cheap..He said "I am done" and then has the guts to say "I am still the best"
    WOW!

12. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Ohhh that tyson he was so refined, such a broad vocabulary.

13. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Kid Galahad runs through his opponent.

14. Azzurri

Azzurri Youngsta Beauty

May 6, 2014
    Any mayweather fan out here ?

15. Renaissance

Renaissance Formerly Goliath

Apr 29, 2012
  16. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    I use to be part of the money team but then I realised he was ducking the true p4p king Charlie Zelenoff. Dude hits like 5000 psi even tyson, foreman and frasier managed around 1800-1900.

17. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
  18. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
  19. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    Saw this post on a boxing website, comparing the resume's of Khan and Brook:

32 fights each and the combined records of their opponents:

Khan - Wins 754, Losses 163

Brook - Wins 639, Losses 919

Khan: 7 World Title Fights, Unified Champ, 5 Defenses of the WBA version, Kotelnik, Judah, Maidana, Malignaggi and Collazo

Brook: 0 World Title Fights and the most notable names are Senchenko and Jones.

20. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Khan had an outstanding Amateur record i read he was unbeaten for years at one point. I wouldn't even compare Brooks record to a world champion who has fought ellite fighters at the pro level never mind the amateur credentials.

21. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Khan wins it by a country mile! However that said if Brooks beats Porter, i'd have to give preference to Brooks regardless of Khans past achievements. I see that ring magazine still got brooks ahead of khan in the rankings however that may be down to the fact that khan has only had 1 fight at this weight(?).
    I dont see why you rate Senchenko, i dont think he's world calibre.

PS although Brooks hasnt fought anyone of note. Khan hasnt beat anyone of note since Maidana.

22. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
    I'm guessing nobody read the Ajmal Faizy story lol?

23. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Sorry mate, do tell.

24. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
  25. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
  26. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
  27. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Also dont see how brook ends up having a better career then khan by beating porter, in that case buster douglas and hashim rahman would be remembered as heavyweight legends rather then one hit wonders. The legacy of a fighter is determined by his quality of opponent, there are reasons why manny is said to be the one to have a better career then floyd i wouldn't question that even though i feel floyd is the better boxer compared to manny.

28. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
    Tell me about it. Hope he comes out on top and gets a lot of money from the sport to support his family back home

29. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    Kel Brook is a good boxer imo - he has a lot of potential. Anyone who has seen him box can see he is a strong puncher with good technique
    the issue with him is his lifestyle outside of the ring and his dodgy foot injury but if he can buckle down he can create some headlines. My friend worked in the Kel Brook camp so I know a fair bit about him and he speaks very highly of Brooks boxing ability(he also knows Kid Galahad and has been telling us for ages how good he is) but as I said, he can lose the plot outside of it and that will inevitably effect his career if he doesnt nip it in the bud soon
    Would be surprised if Brook got the better of Porter though but its about time he took the step up in class so we can all have a better idea of what hes about against better opponents but this may be too big of a step up too soon
    As for Khan v Brook well that likely wont happen for awhile if at all, had you asked me who would win awhile back, I'd have said Brook because Khan was boxing pathetically due to his ego and getting pummelled by participating in brawls when he has no power and a dodgy chin, but if Khan boxes the way he did against Collazo, hit and move then he will give everyone problems and Brook would really struggle to keep up with that version of Khan.
    Khan has been inconsistent, a bit like the Pakistani cricket team you dont always know which version is going to turn up

good luck to Faizy, he deserves all the good things in life and wish him the best with his career

30. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    Groves v Froch:

1. Who are you supporting;

2. Who do you think will win?

31. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
  32. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Was supporting Groves but he got caught with a great shot!

33. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    Who else had Groves ahead at that stage, despite Jim Watt being retarded as usual on commentary.

I had 4-3 Groves. Great punch though, George was too busy trying to land his own left hook.

34. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Jim watts almost made me regrett buying the ppv. The whole team bar Malignaggi were biased as heck. I wish they'd broadcast as alternative audiostream so we dont have to listen to that cretin.

35. Pakistanalltheway

Jul 16, 2012
    Lol my channel kept freezing so i ended up watching on HBO.

36. London_Lahori

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree, i was so happy when I found out Paulie was going to be assisting. Jim Watt is so senile it's beyond a joke.

Paulie also pulled them up on the 2 early stoppages in the Mitchell and Degale fights. Watt and Hawling were all ready to crown them P4P contenders :lol

37. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    got a decent stream online to watch the fight
    feel sorry for Groves and the way he was knocked out
    bit of a silly counter to throw a left hook whilst seeing the right hand coming
    shames Groves doesnt have much of a punch else the fight could have turned out differently both times as he is a very good counter puncher, in each fight Froch was under pressure and pretty much behind on the scorecards but his iron will and punching power meant he was always able to turn it around which he did

38. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    wow, PPV for this fight huh? luckily HBO had it free in the US. it was a pretty decent fight with a great finish

39. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    It had a bigger significance in the UK. :p We getone fight on our time and you have to laugh at us.:D

40. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    maybe they will have more fights there after this one pulled in so many people. Froch made what, 8 million from this fight? most people in the US will be happy to get 8 million us dollars.