The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by chandtara, Jun 22, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    Tonight is Amir Khan's fight in Vegas....Anyone know where to watch it online? Any link?

2. Azzurri

Azzurri Youngsta Beauty

May 6, 2014
    Download PTV official app from App Store or IOS and have fun mate

3. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    U mean PTV Sports?

4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    image.jpeg

This has to be the next mega fight

5. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Canelo knocks Khan out in 6th round. Not a surprise.

6. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  7. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Khan should be working his ass off on defence for the next fight. Granted he's come a long way since those pathetic days under the crappy Roach but he's still too flawed for a boxer at this level and only getting away with it because of his physical gifts. Get low and stay low and don't freaken throw lazy ass jabs and expect the opponent to just stand there. Virgil should be beating the shit out of him and drilling him.

His chin looked much better at this weight, took a lot of heavy shots from Canelo and kept his composure. Still believe junior middleweight would be ideal for him but that division is filled with bums.

Should avoid Garcia, Brook and Spence for his next fight. Anyone else is fine.

8. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    GGG by KO in 8th-10th round. Canelo's fatass won't know what hit him when he finally fights a guy his weight with greater punching power.

9. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014

Mike Tyson of the middleweight division. Power is one thing but the pinpoint accuracy with electric speed. Otherworldly. Incredible athlete.

10. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Tyson Fury: World heavyweight champion faces UK Anti-Doping charge

World heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has been charged with a doping offence by the UK's anti-doping body.

Ukad revealed it suspended Fury on 24 June - the day the Briton announced he was pulling out his his rematch with Wladimir Klitschko because of injury.

But Fury appealed and the suspension has now been lifted until a hearing in front of the National Anti-Doping Panel (NADP) at an as yet undetermined date.

The 27-year-old says he will sue Ukad over its claims he used a banned drug.

The Sunday Mirror reported on 26 June that traces of the banned substance nandrolone were found in a urine sample taken from Fury in February 2015.

He denied the claim and his legal team says the result of tests from March and May 2015 are contradictory.

Fury's cousin and fellow boxer Hughie has also been charged.

Fury beat Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko to win the WBA and WBO heavyweight titles in November.

Ukad does not normally reveal if athletes have been suspended until hearings have taken place and said it had made the news about Fury known after comments from the boxer and his team had led to the matter becoming public knowledge.

A spokeswoman said: "UK Anti-Doping can confirm that both boxers were charged on 24 June, 2016 with presence of a prohibited substance.

"The UK Anti-Doping Rules allow athletes to challenge the imposition of a provisional suspension and the independent National Anti-Doping Panel (NADP) today lifted the athletes' suspensions, pending full determination of the charges.

"These charges will be heard at a hearing before the NADP in due course."

upload_2016-8-4_9-57-40.gif
    Reaction from Peter Fury, the father of Hughie Fury and uncle of Tyson Fury, who is also the trainer of both fighters
    Fury announced on 24 June that he was pulling out of a planned Klitschko rematch, scheduled for 9 July, saying he had injured his ankle in training.

On Tuesday, Fury's legal team said proceedings had been issued in the High Court.

"The two boxers strenuously deny taking any performance-enhancing drugs," said lawyer Lewis Power.

"However, during the last five weeks leaks about these charges have appeared in the press and both boxers have been the targets of continual abusive language on Twitter."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36970816

11. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    lmao what is wrong with fighters these days, UFC, boxing all going strong with injections

12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Anyone watching Brook v GGG?

13. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Yes! What a fight so far.

14. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Well, Glovkin was too good in the end. Never seen him fight before this.

15. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
  16. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
  17. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    joshua ko's molina, 18 from 18, 100% ko ratio.

would be great to see him make the step up now, some big fights await the big lad.

18. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Talented

Feb 5, 2014
    Looks like i better book tickets to Wembley.

19. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    We'll see what he has when he stops fighting bums.

20. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
  21. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    It's all about Garcia/Thurman tonight

22. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Defo! Are you streaming?

23. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    No, it's on box nation

24. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Damn, this has started a lot earlier than I thought it would. Missed the first 5 rounds . Anyone watching?

25. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Missed the first round. Poor fight overall.

26. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    spence vs brook set for may

27. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Damn. I just came to know that Pacquio lost to an Aussie.. but was apparently robbed? A paid view rematch is on thr cards.

28. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  29. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Shocking decision on the weekend calling the GGG/Canelo fight a draw.
    How that one judge had the score 118/110 in favour of Alvarez was beyond me.
    GGG won that fight hands on. Canelo won a few of the earlier rouds and a few at the end but overall its Golovkin who bossed it. Great fight nonetheless, both took soom big shots

30. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Tyson Fury: Boxer calls for end to suspension

Former heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has called for a resolution to his doping suspension, as he bids to end a near two-year absence from the ring.

Fury, 29, has not fought since beating Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015 and cannot return until a UK Anti-Doping hearing into his ban takes place.

Ukad postponed the hearing in May, scuppering Fury's hopes of a July bout, and is yet to announce another date.

"How long must I be held up and kept out of action?" Fury wrote on Twitter.

"Clear my name and let me return to my former glory. I'm innocent, set me free!"

Ukad, which charged Fury with a doping offence in June 2016, refused to comment on his ongoing case, adding there is no timescale for its investigation.

The British Boxing Board of Control said at the time of the postponed hearing in May that Fury's licence was suspended "pending further investigation by Ukad into anti-doping and medical issues".

He will have to appear before the board to request permission to be allowed to fight again - but it cannot rule on his case until Ukad completes his hearing.

Promoter Frank Warren retweeted Fury's plea, but said when the Ukad hearing was postponed that he feared it may not be held until October.

Fury's full tweet read: "How long must I be held up and kept out of action? It's been 15 months since I've been under investigation, you're keeping an innocent man from fulfilling his destiny and from providing for his family.

"Everybody else is dealt with in a few months, why must I be treated any differently?

"Surely there must be a human rights law preventing this from happening to people!

"Either ban me or set me free as I've been in limbo for a long time! I want to move on with my life!

"Clear my name and let me return to my former glory."

During his absence from the sport, Fury has twice claimed he has retired before then deciding to carry on boxing.

His cousin Hughie is due to challenge undefeated New Zealander Joseph Parker for the WBO heavyweight title on 23 September at the Manchester Arena.

Fury timeline
    • 29 November 2015: Beats Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko to become the WBA, IBF and WBO champion
    • 8 December 2015: Stripped of his IBF title for failing to fight the mandatory challenger
    • 24 June 2016: Postpones July's rematch with Klitschko after injuring an ankle in training
    • 4 August 2016: UK's anti-doping body confirms it charged Fury with a doping offence on 24 June
    • 23 September 2016: Postpones rematch for a second time because he is "medically unfit"
    • 3 October: Appears to retire from boxing, tweeting: "I'm the greatest, and I'm also retired." Three hours later he reverses the decision, tweeting he is "here to stay"
    • 5 October 2016: Says he has been taking cocaine to help him deal with depression
    • 10 October 2016: Given extended deadline to convince the WBO not to strip him of his world heavyweight title
    • 12 October: BBBofC starts looking at Fury's boxing licence
    • 12 October: Vacates WBA and WBO titles
    • 13 October: Licence to box suspended by BBBofC
    • 6 March 2017: Suggests he could make a comeback on 13 May - fight does not go ahead
    • 12 May: Ukad doping hearing is postponed, quashing hopes of July return
    • 17 May: Frank Warren says he fears Ukad hearing will not take place until October
    • 26 July: Posts on social media to say career is over, tweets "from retirement" next day
    • 16 September: Says he is on "right path" to return to ring

31. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    David Haye and Tony Bellew set for heavyweight rematch

David Haye says he has agreed terms for a heavyweight rematch with Tony Bellew.

After a fiery pre-fight build-up, WBC cruiserweight world champion Bellew stopped his rival in the 11th round in their first meeting in March.

Haye suffered an Achilles injury in the sixth round before falling to his third career defeat.

Haye tweeted: "It's taken months of negotiating but teams have finally agreed all terms for Haye-Bellew 2. Will Bellew put pen to paper?"

No date or location has been confirmed by either promoter, but there are reports it will be held on Sunday, 17 December at London's O2 Arena.

Former WBA heavyweight champion Haye needed surgery following the defeat by Liverpool's Bellew, and has since split with trainer Shane McGuigan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41318521

32. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Andre Ward retires. Wow didn't see that coming.

33. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Gennady Golovkin v Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez: Rematch set for 5 May

Gennady Golovkin will face Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in a world middleweight title rematch on 5 May.

The first fight in Las Vegas ended in a controversial draw in September, with a location for the second bout yet to be confirmed.

Kazakh Golovkin, 35, will again put his WBA, WBC and IBF titles on the line against Mexican Alvarez, 27.

"This is the fight the world wants," said Golovkin, who is unbeaten in 38 fights.

A closely fought first bout saw one judge score it 118-110 for Alvarez, another 115-113 for Golovkin and the third a 114-114 draw, with Golovkin calling the result "bad for the sport".

"I didn't agree with some of the judges' decisions in the first fight," Golovkin added on Monday.

"This time there will be no doubt - I am leaving the ring as the middleweight champion of the world."

Alvarez's record stands at 49 wins (34 KO), two draws and one defeat from 52 fights.

"I'm delighted to once again participate in one of the most important boxing events in history," he said.

"This second fight is for the benefit and pleasure of all fans who desire to see the best fight the best.

"This time, Golovkin won't have any excuses regarding the judges because I'm coming to knock him out."

The fight will take place on the same date as the postponed heavyweight rematch between Britain's David Haye and Tony Bellew at London's O2 Arena.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42867390

34. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Golovkin v Alvarez: Rematch to go ahead despite clenbuterol in Canelo drugs test

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez says it "surprises and bothers" him that traces of clenbuterol were found in a drugs test, but his rematch against Gennady Golovkin will still go ahead on 5 May.

A statement from Alvarez's promoters blamed it on "meat contamination that has impacted dozens of athletes in Mexico over the last years".

Alvarez will now move his training camp from Mexico to the USA.

The first fight in Las Vegas ended in a controversial draw last September.

Clenbuterol is used to treat asthma but can also help build lean muscle mass and burn off fat.

Alvarez said: "I am an athlete who respects the sport and this surprises me and bothers me because it had never happened to me.

"I will submit to all the tests that require me to clarify this embarrassing situation and I trust that at the end the truth will prevail."

Daniel Eichner, director at a World Anti-Doping Agency-accredited laboratory that conducted the tests, said: "These values are all within the range of what is expected from meat contamination."

Kazakh Golovkin, 35, will again put his WBA, WBC and IBF titles on the line against Mexican Alvarez, 27, in Las Vegas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/43296154

35. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Hope the 2nd fight is better than the first. Want to see a tear up but cant see Alvarez taking that risk

36. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Last one was awesome too.
    That savage punch to Amir Khan, I saw GGG walk in to 3 of them from Alvarez in one round alone and he just took them without fliching.
    Loved how GGG kept going for the knock out but just couldn't pull it off. I hope he does it next match

37. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    AJ v Parker this weekend. Anyone think AJ will be tested? I think the longer the fight goes the more vulnerable he will become.

38. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    I feel AJ needs a proper challenge. All he’s opponents have been average.

Klitshco was aged when he faught him but AJ was rattled quite badly.

39. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    because AJ is average, too much of a coward to face real challenges

40. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    Klitshco was looking good tbh and Aj did well to bounce back. Everyone wants Aj vs wilder