The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by chandtara, Jun 22, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Its going to happen here in the UK at Upton park, it's just not going to be sanctioned by the British boxing board.

2. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Iv been following Sual Alvarez for some time now. He's going to be big, the Ginger Mexican!

3. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    Lol like rocky 5. Haye is gonna come outta retirement to pummel a dellusional bum in an unsanctioned fight. I thought without the boards your screwed....intresting. Haye will crush this bum in the 6th i bet.

4. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    I can see that the Chisora and Haye fight actually being decent. Haye likes to run from opponents but I can see him being cocky enough for once to have a pop at Chisora who is a proper brawler.

They are both not world class boxers in the heavy weight division but that does not mean it won't be fun!

It will be interesting to see what this Luxembourg sanctioned fight means for the British Boxing Board. Will they cave in due to the lack of superstars?

5. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    Chisora is dogsh1t, if Haye keeps his head, he will absolutely batter Chisora

6. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Lets put things in perspective. Chisora lost to tyson fury. Tyson fury is mediore at best. How he managed to go toe to toe with a klit is beyond me. Either chisoras style was awkward(as they say styles make fights) or Klitschko was just injured or naff on the day. Either way hay has enough speed to give chisora a pasting.

7. Renaissance

Renaissance Formerly Goliath

Apr 29, 2012
    Haye>Chisora. End of. :)

8. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Chisora lost to this guy:D

9. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Lol mayweather cracks me up. I hope khan stops calling him out:D If the Hearns drove him nuts then mayweather will blow his brains out.

10. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    Lots of drama from the Klitschko and Haye camp about who is avoiding who. Personally Haye would not have a hope in hell against Vitali bit would still like to see the fight.

Chisora lacks class but has hear in the ring. I hope despite all his brap brap that he KO Haye who is just so unlikeable. That fight against the 10ft giant was all about running away and the little toe excuse against Wladmir....

All talk and no action and Chisora is a big puncher who can hurt you. This is no easy fight for Haye.

11. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Haye is going to walk through chisora. I bet you my signature:D I honestly dont know what was wrong with klitschko but he should have ran over chisora. Haye is going to get a tko in the 9th and chisora will become irrelevent after that.

12. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    Since you have laid the challenge about signature, I urge you to change your avatar to Kapil Dev if Chisora beats Haye!

13. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    ^^^^wait what?
    Ok im a sucker for a good wager. Your on! and if you lose?

14. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    Sorry, I'm confident of a Chisora win but not that confident!! If I lose, I shall eat some humble pie....

15. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    If you lose you shall mention my awesomeness in you signature. If i lose i will change my avvy to a picture of Kumble. Damn i hate that clown but im confident of haye taking delboy to the cleaners.

16. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    Done - you can't see signatures on Tapatalk so I am should be ok most of the time!

17. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Lol will be watching this fight even closer now!

18. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Wow what a performance from Carl Froch! Absolutely annihilated Bute in the ring tonight. Breathtaking performance.

19. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    It certainly was a great fight more so because Froch is not really known as a fast hand speed quick starter yet he did this and combined it with brute power!

20. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Exactly! It's very rare to see him come out so quick. Usually takes him a few rounds to get in the groove but he was pumped tonight. As he said in his interview after the victory, it was all or nothing tonight. He was going to announce his retirement if he lost tonight. Watching that performance I'd say he's still got a few years in him. I'd be surprised if Bute took the rematch after that beating!

21. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Carl froch knew his back was to the wall so the cobra had to strike early. Great gamble by team froch though because they knew the dude has a granite chin. Although i am a big fan of Mr Froch he still cant beat ward.

22. Victorious Pakistan

Victorious Pakistan Smooth Operator

Feb 29, 2012
    No way would Froch beat Ward. Im not a fan of Froch anyway :p

I think the next big thing to look forward to in british boxing is David Price, i've seen a few of his fights and boy is he talented. Tall, Powerfull and skillfull!.

23. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    has anyone watched pacquiaos 24/7 v bradley??? I hope bradley punches a hole in him. Now that he's become a bible basher he's even more annoying.

24. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  25. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Pacman V Bradley on Saturday night/Sunday morning...looking forward to this one!

26. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Good luck to Mr Desert Storm.

27. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Thank you to the dreambox! Won't have to stream this one! :D

28. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    I can't believe what I have just seen. Bradley has beaten Pacquiao! How the judges have come to that decision is beyond me.
    Pacman won 8/9 rounds comfortably for me. Shocking decision!

29. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    hehehehehehehehheeh what a funny fight. I was supporting bradley but pacman won!

30. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Is it just me or does Kel Brook look and sound exactly like fellow Sheffield legend Naz?

31. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Emerging Player

Mar 17, 2012
    Not just you

He is a good fighter, would like to see him and Khan fight at some point

32. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    Looks yes and coincidentally they are both from Sheffield. Their voice - definitely no. Naz sounds like a typical south Yorkshire man whereas Kell Brook sound like a northern smurf who sounds nothing like a boxer!

33. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
  34. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    I dunno mate they sound pretty darnm similar.

35. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    They do sound the same. Must have been brought up in the same area in Sheffield I reckon.

36. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Intimidation 101! Damn! Screw lewis, this is the man.

37. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Ortiz V Lopez...great fight so far

38. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Fast paced fight and its going to be hard to choose a winner if it goes the distance

39. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    It's been stopped!
    Lopez wins! Ortiz quit? Crazy scenes! What the heck happened there? Alvarez looks puzzled in the crowd too.

40. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Ortiz refused to carry on fighting at the start of round 10.