The curious case of Imad Wasim and meaningless runs

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Jun 17, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Have you guys noticed he will score these beautiful 40 odd not out at over 100 strike rate when the game is already gone and whenever he is needed to win a game, he will hardly contribute.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    Absolutely. England series in 2016 springs to mind, When the pressure ain’t on. He looks the real deal.

Yet some people think he can captain an International side you know. Guys lucky to be playing at this level let alone being touted as skipper.

3. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Well there are people who have made their careers out of same approach, scoring runs in losing causes or dead rubber matches to consolidate their place for another year and so on.

Remember in 2016 in England Malik failed in first 4 ODIs and people were after his head but this cheeky rascal managed to make some runs in the 5th match when series was already lost. This resulted in him having a free ride in the team till this WC.

There were posters here on this fora who wanted him to stay after that one knock after plenty of failures. The guy made his whole career out of his cunningness and opportunistic behaviour.

4. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    Malik feasted off runs against Sri Lanka and West Indies in the last 3 years. The 16/17 tour of Australia, I think in the 5 ODI series he played 3 games and in all 3 his scores were in the 40’s.

He was 16* not out in the game against South Africa in the champions trophy and that’s probably his highest ever score in England considering how pathetic his average is. He didn’t bat against England in the semi final and he didn’t do anything in the 2 games against India or Sri Lanka.

5. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Yeah I can’t remember him winning a game by playing a match winning innings.

6. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    One of those clever people who know how to maintain their place in the team

7. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Imad Wasim is not our No. 1 spinner so he cant have a regular place in the playing 11 all the time therefore not eligible for captaincy in my opinion. Sarfraz should remain Captain either or make Harris Sohail captain if his knee can hold or recall somebody like Fawad Alam and make him Captain just like you did with Misbah!! If it was in my hands, I would have retained Sarfraz!!

8. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    You get paid 5 lac rupees per ODI match. That's what the boys are hogging after. They do enough just to secure a place. And the management lets them do it.

9. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I don't think it's Imad fault. Basically he's a T20 player. Why is management playing him?

10. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    In Sydney we were chasing 360 and Malik made a 40 at SR of 70 so it shows. In second match he was all at sea until Marsh came and bowled.

11. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Again I think Imad is unfairly criticised.

He has one 50 every 3 innings which is a decent return.

Yes his bowling seems a bit pedestrian but he keeps things tight.

Isnt it a bit unfair to scrutinise his lack of match winning performances given the teams general shit performances.

In the match against India he bowled at an ER of under 5 and batted with the highest SR.

If we had a team full of Imad wasims we would have won the match!

12. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    Let's be honest there are no real match winners in this squad. Its unfair to pick out one player who is above average(for this team).

13. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    He's the future Shoaib Malik. A cunning POS who will hang around the team for years without any performance.

14. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    Good thing he's 30 years old and we won't have to endure him for 20 years at least.

15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I have seriously started to dislike this guy (not that I liked him before).

He has nothing special with the ball, cant bat in challenging conditions - only able to make soft runs. His fitness/fatness is shambolic.

And now icing on the cake, keep hearing that he's forming group - just ludicrous.

16. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    ...the biggest culprits are Malik & Hafeez

17. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    This guy is one of the most mentally tough players we have!!!

Another thread overturned. First babar scores a match winning knock and then Imad scores meaningful runs!

Pakistan team continues to defy fans expectations and long may it continue!!

18. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    His best ever innings so far. What a knock

19. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Wow what an innings. Came in and he looked horrible. Couldn't get a touch on the ball vs spin. Played out 2 full overs and made sure he didn't throw it away. Then finally got singles and kept it ticking. Made sure he stayed till the end. Played an innings you would expect from Williamson or Kohli to see it through

20. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    This is the innings that people will remember for eternity if Pakistan make it through.

This is the innings we will tell our grandkids about. This isnt hyperbole it was a BIG knock.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  21. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Hope this Imad shows up every game. He needs to maximize his batting because his straight non-spin spin bowling is no good against strong teams.

22. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    It's always good to experience scenarios that you have faced before. Reminded me of innings he played in a T20 in SL.

23. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    This innings saved us a whole lot of embarrassment, more important than even still being in the World Cup. Can you imagine losing to a side whose fans attacked ours?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  24. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    True. He saved them from a whole load of 'zalalat'.

So difficult to express how significant this innings is. Its massive.
    Especially for me who just bought some tickets for Bangladesh game. At least it won't be a dead rubber to start with :D

Was worried I'd wasted my money

25. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Not meaningless anymore. Never thought he had it in him. But his LA stats indicate he can bat! And he's proved it at last.

26. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    He is poor against spin otherwise he's a natural successor to Hafeez/Malik and can play at 5.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

27. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Hafeez is good against spin but always runs away with his tail between his legs in pressure situations when the team needs him. I'd rather have someone with the right attitude than someone with ability that only makes an appearance on fair weather days. No wonder Hafeez made a name over a decade for playing well in dead rubber games to get selected for the next series only to fail when it mattered.

28. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Looks like Imad read this thread