The Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by chandtara, Mar 4, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    We can have discussions on matchdays seperatly but thought id get a proper football thread started now that people have started showing interest!

What a way to kick it off though...AVB Sacked!!!!!!!

2. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    BREAKING NEWS
    Here's the full Chelsea statement:
    "Andre Villa-Boas has parted company with Chelsea Football Club today.
    "The board would like to record our gratitude for his work and express our disappointment that the relationship has ended so early.
    "Unfortunately the results and performances of the team have not been good enough and were showing no signs of improving at a key time in the season.
    "The club is still competing in the latter stages of the Uefa Champions League and the FA Cup, as well as challenging for a top-four spot in the Premier League, and we aim to remain as competitive as possible on all fronts.
    "With that in mind we felt our only option was to make a change at this time.
    "With immediate effect Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed first team coach on an interim basis until the end of the season."

3. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    They timed that horribly wrong, Abramovich is ruthless!

4. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    No point feeling for AVB

Anyone who manage chelsea should know about it.... Btw it wasn't a bad deal for AVB. He got lot of money for just 257 days.

5. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Benetiz, Guardiola and Mourinho are top 3 bets by cookies. Personally i think sacking Mourinho was the biggest mistake abrahamovich did.

6. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Yeah but paitence is key, You cant go chopping and changing when something goes wrong. They didnt give him any time to turn it around. Look at Wenger, trophyless for 7 years now but Arsenal are still sticking with him.

7. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Guardiola wont leave Barca, no chance! Cant see Mourinho back at Chelsea, Rafa is the one being mentioned, will most likely be him

8. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Arsene Wenger is more like a legend at Emirates... He will never get sack and will leave by his own. I will never understand why abrahamovich sacked Mourinho or even ancelloti ..they had produce results as well.

I think Abrahamovich think it is something like a play station game... This guy must be loaded.

9. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    He's a billionaire, course he's loaded! No patience In the guy.

10. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    and he isnt even botherd lol

not only the managers but the amount of money wasted on the likes of shevchenko and torress is unbelieveable..

i hope Mourinho comes back to Chelsea.. otherwise it will turn into another laliga with mancity and manutd competing for title every year.

11. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Mourinho got a bigger challenge knocking barca off their perch. He's not doing a bad job of it either!

12. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Real Madrid have all but won laliga

10 points ahead of barcelona and they will play only once against each other.. so even if he lose to barca..still they will win the league. they are in a ruthless form lately.

13. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Arsenal have signed podolski for 10.9 million. An absolute bargain...lets see he can replicate his form at arsenal.

14. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Robert Mancini is keen to sign RVP. How many more strikers does he need?

15. sameerM

sameerM Youngsta Beauty

Mar 6, 2012
    anyone see Messi's 5 goals in cham league game last night???? the guy is a legend already!

16. Victorious Pakistan

Victorious Pakistan Smooth Operator

Feb 29, 2012
    RVP will not go anywere i think, Arsenal Signing Podolski is a start, I think they will sign alot more this summer and this will encourage him to stay. I personally hope he dont go to Manchester city :D

17. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    Very good player indeeed, his skill level is immense. Though i think with the players he has got with him the likes of Iniesta. Xavi, Busquets, Fabregas it makes his life a whole lot easier.

18. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    RVP 26th goal in premier league this year

44 goals in his last 45 premier league games.

Take a bow

19. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    You mentioned RVP but ignored the fact that Man Utd are now top of the league? :D

Yep we are now in the box seat! Crazy weekend of football and who would have predicted city losing against Swansea. City play Chelsea next and then arsenal a few games after that. This could be wrapped up before the derby!

20. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Manutd are just lucky

Over rated.

21. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Oh dear, very overrated
    And also top of the league.

Care to explain why we are lucky?

22. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Howard Webb

And lucky coz other play poor against small teams

Same manu has been crushed 6-1 at home lol

And just a few days ago conceded 3 goals against Bilbao

And what abt Basel ?

23. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    What about Howard Webb? Is he on the utd payroll? He's a referee what's he got to do with us? Does he score our goals for us?

So utd are lucky because other teams play poor against smaller teams? That doesn't make sense bro?

Yes we have been conceding goals and losing games along the way but look at where we are in the table? We are first!

As for Europe, it's been a poor show but we are in a transition period. We have a very inexperienced back four. Things will be different as they play more. Look at de gea for example. He's growing in confidence over the season. He started off shockingly but in these last few weeks he's made some stunning saves. We have been poor but we are still the team to beat in the PL

24. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Howard Webb is a policeman always there to help manu.

Manu just got lucky that mancity were unlucky against swansea .

Get ready for another 6-1 at the hands of manshitty

25. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    I still dont get how that makes us lucky? We did what was asked from us and they didn't. It doesn't make us lucky if they bottled it!

26. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Lucky because you they dropped easy points.

27. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    You make your own luck! 7 point lead they had over us not so long ago and we have just come through some tough fixtures. Credit where it's due PP!

28. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    Credit were it's due. ManU always seem to do it, as much as i hate to say it. Of course they have incredible assistance of Howard webb lol there is no doubting that but like Chandtara said 7points behind with there run of fixtures and to go ahead is pretty impressive. Arsenal with a late winner against newcastle and RVP again on the score sheet. Looking at the current run of form i think they will end up 3rd and Tottenham 4th.
    Swansea vs City, this was a good game. Going to Swansea don't expect much possession. It's not easy to go there and create many chances and thats what happened to city.

But still...WEST BROM ALL THE WAY! :D

29. sameerM

sameerM Youngsta Beauty

Mar 6, 2012
    GERRARD firing again:D:D:D with his hatrick last night in the Liverpool Derby.
    Suarez doing some nice work too

30. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Athletico Bilbao has knocked out ManUtd from Europa League

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha chandtara

31. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    Crap cup but who cares i dislike manu! hahahahahahaha :D

32. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    manu first knocked out by Basel and now Bilbao wth lol

33. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Man City also 2-0 down at home to lisbon.

they will need 4 goals to qualify for qurterfinals.. it will be v hard for them as well now.

34. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    Manchester clubs seeem to be choking in Europe lol. I guess the English league is not as strong any more as the spainish is now. Spainish league is the strongest then the English. German league now pretty decent with ofc Bayern as always the stand out.
    Anyway im glad the English teams are going to be knocked out of Europa, its a pointless cup and just time waste imo lol.
    Should only be Champions league and Premier League.

35. sameerM

sameerM Youngsta Beauty

Mar 6, 2012
    my mate supports man utd, he says prem is more important that any cup.. but he changes his tune every season.

Thing is Champs League is prestigious because of the money on offer!

English Cup, Europa is NOW a kind of waste of time.. but if there were incentives to win and get a bonus or a place in champs league, they would be more important to clubs.

36. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Champions league draw for last 8 and semi

APOEL V MADRID
    MARSEILLE V BAYERN

BENEFICA V CHELSEA
    ACMILAN V BARCELONA

Winners of first two quarter finals will play in first semi final and winners of 3rd and 4rth quarter finals will play in second semi.

So Real Madrid V Barcelona Final still on the cards.

37. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    Seems a good tie for Bayern. Final in sight! :D

38. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Do you really think BAYERN will beat Madrid in semi?

39. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
    What's the likely hood of it not happeneing?. Bayern's attacking strength is as good as any in the competition. Robben and Ribery on the wings is as attacking as your going to get and if they play madrid Sergio Ramos and Marcelo will have a heavy job trying to deal with them.
    Also the Midfeild in bayern is very strong. I'm not sure if you seen there games at all this season? Schweinsteiger is just world class and they produced another in Toni Kroos. Lets not forget World cup golden boot winner Muller who looks awesome. Youngsters comming through all over and looking real good prospects such as Alaba and Gustavo.

Madrid also have a strong team but also concede alot, and Vs a strong Bayern attack i wouldn't be suprised if they get exposed. Bayerns defensive part is a worry but recently only 3goals at home in 13 games. Making the Allianz a fortress.

+ The final being held at there home they will have that extra spring in there step.

There's many aspects in this but yeah i do feel they can beat Madrid.

40. Geordie Ahmed

Geordie Ahmed Emerging Player

Mar 17, 2012
    Bayern can definitely beat Real Madrid, outside of Barcelona they are the closest threats to them

They have such a powerful attacking lineup, I don't think Real can bully them like they have done to most teams this season. Also Bayern are a very clever side in the CL now, they know how to adapt their game, even though they are 2nd in the Bundesliga they are comfortably the best German side in the CL each year

Though having said that I still think Real will win unless Ronaldo gets injured