The Immovable BUTT

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by zeenix, Feb 12, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    A good piece on Ijaz Butt, on http://www.cricinfo.com/page2/content/story/447787.html

2. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    The question is, Is Butt really the villain as being pointed out in the above piece and many people. Or is Butt being an easy target by a ferocious media and furious nation.

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Yes in most ways Butt is the villain of the piece. I've spoken to quite a few people connected to Pakistan cricket who have all said that Butt just appoints his friends in important roles and doesnt want to listen to anyone over anything.

There's always two sides to a story but the above would fit in with everything we have seen and heard about him!

4. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    But doesn't everyone do that. It is pretty normal. And i kind of feel its justified too. A Manager would like to have a team aligned with his vision (if there is one)

5. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    In Pakistan its a trend to have your own relatives and friends given higher posts in an organisation despite knowing the fact that they know jack **** of that profession but just to show some morality to the rest of the family they do so!

6. waqar_ahmad

waqar_ahmad Youngsta Beauty

Feb 13, 2010
    I used to think that BUtt is the real villain, but not so sure any more.

I was jsut watching a show, and Imran khan and butt were debating some cricket stuff. And Imran and Butt had very similar views on things.

Both said that there is a mafia, that does not let the PCB chief work properly.

So, now I am not so sure.

7. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Welcome aboard waqar. How are you. Great to see you here mate.

8. waqar_ahmad

waqar_ahmad Youngsta Beauty

Feb 13, 2010
    THanks zeenix bhai. Im good, Allah ka shukar. I was wondering where you disappeared to

9. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    There sure is, i can name atleast two people from that mafia, Salim altaf and Wasim bari. I wonder why only players, selectors and PCB chairman gets fired but these two seems to be there even after two World Cup debacles.

10. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    The whole system is floored because I personally believe we should a cricket committee selecting the chairman rather than Zardari choosing his friends in this case Butt and from there on it continues. I don't see the system changing in the near future sadly.

11. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    I'd include Shafiq Papa and Sallu to this list. The selection commitee is like musical chairs.

Coming back to the main thread, there is so much that Butt can do. Every single person has an agenda and interest. There is a culture to exploit/abuse any role which holds influence and responsibility.