1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

The Keeper debate.

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Big Daddy, Mar 6, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Emerging Player

Dec 21, 2009
    Sarfaraz and Akmal debate should be sealed. I dont think there is anyone better then Akmal in Pakistani cricket at the moment. All calls to call for his replacement should be purged until there are alternatives. Akmal is an elite keeper with some fundamental flaws, those need to be checked but he should be supported hence forth without much confrontation. Judgment stays.

2. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Kami needs to rest, he needs time out of the international game to get his head back together.

Sarfaraz has earned his chance, he's not the perfect choice for T20 but I think he will do ok in Tests and ODIs.

As for other keepers. Gulraiz Sadaf looked handy and the makeshift u19 keeper Mo Waqas would be perfect for T20. He's a big hitter and keeps as well as Kami does these days.

3. pacman

pacman Youngsta Beauty

Jan 27, 2010
    Oh, I agree 100%. Kami has his flaws, yes, but he is by far the best wk/batsman in the country. I have seen enough of Sarfraz Ahmed, and I am convinced he is not up for T20 and ODI's.

Sarfraz can have a shot at test match level, but I am still for Kamran in all formats untill I see someone better. So far I have not seen any.

4. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    +1 Having seen the other keepers I would stick with Kamran and get the PCB to arrange for the help he needs to fix his flaws. Rather then leaving him outside the side. If it ever came to that I had to drop him from the team as of right now. It would only be tests where his dropped catches can hurt us big time.

5. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Kamran is the perfect choice for T20 and ODIs. Sarfraz just isn't explosive enough to be a member of the team in the shorter format. Sadaf is a good keeper but his batting is suspect. Waqas needs to develop. Right now he's just a slogger and his keeping is below par.

6. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    All formats? So you haven't seen anything better than Kami dropping Hussey thrice, Siddle once and missing Watson's runout, all in 2 days, to lose a historical test, in a hysterical way, and then shamelessly insisting on playing, even getting his brother to blackmail cricket Pakistan, and later being accused of match fixing because its hard to find an explanation for such an unbelievable, unprecedented scale of blunders?

Yeah I haven't seen anything better either. Legendary wicket keeping. Kami for all formats.

I opened this thread to support Kami for t20s and odis, but thanks to the memories of Sydney test brought back, I had to remind everyone how remarkably terrible keeper he is.

Sarfraz HAS to keep in tests. He's the best keeper in the country.

7. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    I have only seen RBS cup on weekends so I cannot comment on Sarfaraz's keeping ability in other matches what I saw on both Friday and Saturday Sarfaraz's keeping was excellent, batting is another matter altogether but if you are looking for wicket keeping skills alone he was quite good.

8. pacman

pacman Youngsta Beauty

Jan 27, 2010
    I remember all of it, and it was painfull to say the least. That is why I said that Sarfraz could have a shot at test cricket. But I do also have very good memories of Kamran playing test matches. I base my views on wk/batsman not wk alone. And that is why I believe Kamran is still the best choice. I have not seen anything from Sarfraz as a wk/batsman to make it ahead of Kamran. At the moment it is no debate when it comes to ODI and T20 cricket.

I am not against Sarfraz at test matches, I just prefer Kamran.

Regarding Sydney, Kamran has to take some blame, but surely Mohammad Yousuf has to take the most with his horrible captaincy.

9. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
    i agree with you recently kamran is the best for t20 matches.if does'nt want kamran in my openion select shahzib hasan for both jobs of kamran(opening and keeping).

10. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    Do we not have better keeper batsmen in the country than Sarfaraz? I'm all for bench strength, but when you are trying to get competition for Akmal at that position, you better damn well make sure that the guy knows how to bat at test match level.

11. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    Humayun Farhat is a better batsman than Sarfraz in my opinion and his keeping is just as good, K Akmal has been a bit down at the mo but i think he should be kept for his batting talent alone

12. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    I would class even the bangladeshi wk as being alot better than sarfraz both in his keeping and batting and for pakistan not to have a decent backup wk batsmen from a cricket crazed nation seems a shame, would love to have moin khan/ rashid latif back

13. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    what about Mohammed Salman? I know he had a few clangers in the semi final but he is a really good wicketkeeper and can also bat...