The Killing$ of Tony Blair

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Mohsin, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Just came back from one of the premier/screenings of this new docu-movie which I had the chance to work on/be involved in.

Its turned out pretty awesome and is immensely well made/interesting. I highly recommend you guys check it out (oh and be sure to look out for my name in the credits lol).

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3489996/

2. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Aug 31, 2011
    I have watched it, Tony Blair asks you if you are Pashtun and you are like, no bro but it happens a lot.

:p

3. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    [​IMG]

And why would i call Blair 'bro' man lol...tumhara umar ka hai uncle jee, mera nahi :p

4. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Looks interesting. Where can we see it?

5. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    You join me as a celebrity then :p with my music video antics and what not, lets direct a movie together titled, baapon ka baap & sons.

Star kids of CS MA

6. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    At the moment it looks like a private showing between @Mohsin and @Prince Pathan. I guess they will let us know when and where the masses can view it.

7. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Here you go man

http://www.theblairdoc.com/?page_id=555

lol as long as you don't wear that hideous yellow hoody...yeah that's right, ive seen those music videos of yours...also I get to a personal 10 min chunk to myself in the acceptance speech (when we inevitably win all those awards) to thank Imran Khan and tell everyone what an inspiration he has been :p

8. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    LOL OH not that piss take man, the actual Pashto song lool

9. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    saw its name up on curzon and thought of you @Mohsin

10. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Toni Blair

The guy was a legend when I was like 6 winning every election by massive margins,but he was ultimately a timid kitten.

11. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    Anthony Charles Lynton Blair...his full name.

12. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    @Mohsin at what capacity were you involved in this project?

13. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    My official title was 'Lead eye candy'...

lol joke, I was officially the researcher (as well as a few other things such as being present at the various interviews with ambassadors, lawyers, politicians etc n transcribing the speeches).

14. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Everyone liked Tony Blair because he would give 400-500 pounds to people,cheques would come through the door every week,
    In turn this made everyone into Gangsters,In the UK sometimes you see people that are about 32-35 and are in serious problems because of Blair,Gangs would be on every corner of every street selling Drugs,Fighting,Swearing

That's why Pakistanis Like Labour so they corrupt England.

15. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Interesting...whom do i sue about not getting those £4-500 cheques through the post every week throughout Blair's era?

16. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Did you work?

17. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Once one of the most popular prime ministers in British history Tony Blair is now resented by some people. There have been consolations for Blair, what he achieved in Northern Ireland and Kosovo are one of Blair's best claims to favourable notices from posterity.

There are a lot of people in this country who criticise Tony Blair and say 'he was a war criminal, he has blood on his hands, he was a terrible prime minister, he's lied' people forget how he's seen around the world, he's still worshiped in places like America and Kosovo to name a few. He is now seen as someone primarily who is after a fast buck and I find that very sad for someone who was one of our most successful Prime minister's to actually be smothered in such terms. The people who think Tony Blair is a war criminal and he was Bliar not Blair and that he's responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths and chaos in the middle east and he's corrupt and goodness knows what else, they already think that and the Blair rich project will confirm them in every suspicion and the people who are on Tony Blair's side who think he did a difficult job pretty well, who made some wrong turns but hey you know we all do and therefore but the grace of God go on, they'll still think Blair did the right thing at the right time with the information we had at the time. It isn't about a lie or a deceit or a conspiracy or a deception, it's a decision. He had to take a decision and he believed and in the end so did cabinet, so did parliament incidentally that we were right not to run that risk. People have already made up their mind about Tony Blair you either believe as most of the public do that he's one of the best Prime Ministers the country's had in recent years or you believe like a small number of people do that he is satan incarnate. You make the decisions that you make at the time that you make them with the information you have then. It's all very well with hindsight with 2020 vision for us to say he was wrong, he was wrong. Tony Blair wasn't wrong at the time. And I don't think he has anything to say sorry for.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  18. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Whatever his flaws, he was the only labour leader to win a general election in the living memory, and not just once, but thrice.

Sadly he is gloated the most by the labour politicians and left wingers.

19. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
  20. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    I've never heard of this?

"That's why Pakistanis Like Labour so they corrupt England"

Mind to elaorate?

Can't speak for the Pakistani community down South, but the ones up North have legitimate reasons for voting Labour and what you are claiming is not true an iota lol.

21. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    Will give this a watch tonight.

To be honest Tony Blair and his boy Jack Straw really did start the demise of Labour.

I still remember Jack Straw saying in private quaters about Blackburn 'I could have my dog stand here and Labour would win' or his infamous comment on Asian males and White females.

Still the Asian community and the North voted Labour and continues to do so, until partially 2019.

I would argue that was the start, i,e Tony Blairs third term and Brexit was the final nail in the coffin for Labour in the north ... For now.

Simplistic as there was also a lot more at play.

22. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    I had a teacher named Rodney Bickerstaffe. Indeed he told me this. I had only stated what was told to me and people's opinions. I was only 15 at the time. And because virtually everyone around me - at school, at home did not like Labour's 13 years in power and they showed alot of anger towards Blair in particular. I also felt his government was a flop. But I've done alot since and indeed now I believe he was a very successful prime minister - one that will be recognised but will be undermined and fatally undermined by the tragedy of Iraq. But there was sleaze and the cash for honours affair as well which made me talk about corruption. I have made my mind up and I think it'll stay that way. I am a progressive conservative and of course if I say I admire Blair or if I don't it doesnt make a difference but I agree with lots of things he has to say. So that's me done.

People voted for Blair because he brought Bill Clinton's successful 'Third Way' model to Britain. He was a new type of conservative politician one that we hadn't seen before and so they voted for him but he definitely wasn't Labour. The people that you mention vote for Labour because this Labour party in 2019 sought of made things sound nice you know. No tuition fees. It sounds nice doesn't it. That's another problem. The manifesto of 2019 I actually read it. I don't know if many people did but I read it. 97 pages I think it was and the more you read it the less convinced you became. It was an incredible document because on every page you can see someone had come, knocked on the door and said 'hey here's a 10 point plan on this and we want a billion pounds' and they've said 'yeh, okay let's put that right in there' and then the next page another 10 point plan - another billion. So what people worry about, what they they want to know - and they want to know this far more than they do about the conservative party because as I say they understand that the purpose of the conservative party is to govern and that the purpose of the Labour party is a cause so what they want to know about a Labour party leader is that in the end he or she is in charge right, they're in charge and yes pressure groups will be listened to, yes trade unions will be listened to but they're in charge because otherwise what they fear is precisely what that manifesto ended up with. So everybody who shouts or disrupts or throws something 'okay, you know, we'll give it to you as well'. Any politician can say yes, it's pretty easy. It's when you say no particularly to your own people... but I may be wrong on this but I think with progressive politics particularly the public wants to know that whoever is the leader that person is prepared to say no to their own folk because they know it's a cause and therefore they always worry that you know you're going to be playing to your activist base. I've never really quite understood this when Labourites say 'they really liked our polices, they really wanted them!' And they really hated the Tory party policies and I don't know really they just voted Tory' Er no, they did not like your policies!

The Labour party now is just there to make up the numbers.

Tony Blair's personal appearance may have withered but his governing idea of progressive conservatism is the way forwards whether you like it or not. Aurevoir now.

23. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    Not sure this answers the question?

Your original claim was 'That's why Pakistani's vote Labour, because they corrupt England' but here you are talking about the 2019 Labour maifesto.

Not wanting to dissuade you from your course, you can continue to like Blair and consider yourself a 'a progressive conservative', I've no vested interest in that.

It's your claim about Pakistani's voting for Labour to corrupt England.

24. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    No I dont now agree with that original claim, I feel embarrassed looking back on my posts 3 years ago. I don’t agree with anything written by myself in this thread that was not written this year.

Also I was including both of your posts.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  25. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    Fair enough. Thought it was a very odd claim to make.

Hmmm, don't think ut addresses either of the post as the premise of each post is different to be fair.

26. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Why Asians vote for labour is because they like the Labour Party policies. But obviously....

I’ve said Blair wasn’t really Labour to begin with so how did he begin a demise? As for Jack Straw - there have been lots of cases of gangs of men grooming young white women.
    As for the dog comment. Probably not the right thing to say.

But to blame everything on Blair. They even voted for him in after Iraq, he was also only one point behind Cameron when he left. I agree Brexit has put Asian communities of from the Labour Party.

The demise of the Labour Party is in the hands of the left and because of the takeover from the far left.