The Lahore match is a Quarter Final

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Mar 1, 2010.

The Lahore match is a Quarter Final

by Abdul Habib
Mar 1, 2010 at 6:15 PM
  1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    mohammad-irfan-krl-tallest-fast-bowler.png

On the 28th of February 2010, Mohammad Irfan fulfilled a life long dream. After years and years of trying, he was finally picked to represent the Multan region. Irfan said "When I heard that I'd been picked by the Multan region I wasn't sure if it was true, it's not the first time I've been on a list for Multan. I heard the same thing last year, that I would be playing T20 for Multan but it never happened. However when I arrived at Karachi and joined the team, it all became very real and I'm loving the experience so far"

The first game was a bit nerve racking for Irfan because it was being broadcast live on TV. He said he was excited about being on TV because he was hoping it would bring him to the notice of the selectors and the fans. But he also added that the TV cameras bring a lot of pressure with them because many cricketers think this is my chance, I have to do it all today.

Irfan said that he was really disappointed about being hit for two boundaries in his 3rd over against Peshawar after a good start in his first two overs. But Multan won the game and that's all that matters to Irfan. He wants to see Multan in the semi-finals and the final.

Irfan was determined to do better against Quetta and he did a lot better. He took 3 wickets and had this to say; "I've taken 3/14 in 4 overs against Quetta, I had to up my game today and I did. Now I'm hoping to carry this form into the match against the Lahore Lions. We don't see that match as another group game, for us it's a knockout match. For both us and the Lions it will be a quarter final match and I hope the Lions are prepared for a fight because we want to go through just as much as they do."

When asked if he was worried about the big names in Lahore's batting line-up and whether he really thought Multan stood a chance of going through. Irfan stated "My team, the Tigers, are a very strong unit. We have good batsmen and good bowlers too. We may not have many big names but we all have big hearts. We're not backing down, we're going into this match to win it. As for big name players, the bigger the player the more I want to add his name to my wicket tally."

He added "When the day of the game comes there's no big names or small names. There's just me with the ball in my hand and him with the bat in his hands, whoever keeps his head will triumph."

Habib conducts player interviews and writes articles for Cricistan.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments