The most selfish player ---- Shahid Afridi

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Major, Sep 28, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    How many Umar scored in last game?

2. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    I'm giving you time to reconsider that. Let me post his actual score
    He scored 28 off 32. He was 16 off 16, so your statement is incorrect
    Umar Akmal scored 22 off 23, after at one point being 19 off 17, thus scoring 3 off his last 6 balls, which increased the rate. Misbah was to blame too but so was Akmal

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  3. Sixer

Sixer Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2010
    Here is the one I was talking about. http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/531636.html

Here is what happened during the first game

4. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    We all collapsed to a 112, hardly a match he lost!

5. Sixer

Sixer Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2010
    13 off 24 in a T20 game.

6. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    0 off 1 in any format of the game?

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  7. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    I will add more to it, I think now (for last 3 years) he is trying to break into a political career. that is where the bigger bucks are from him IMO and he knows it.

• List
  8. Sixer

Sixer Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2010
    What's this got to do with anything?

9. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    He's worse than Misbah!

• List
  10. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    honestly, it would be good for you if you don't say stuff which you don't knwo about.

learn to respect others.. You can't always expect everyone to agree with you, and that doesn't mean that you start insulting

11. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Oh, didn't notice the ODI part. Highest Av and Av*SR for the last 2 years!

12. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    lol.... read the OP plz, and watch the last t20 played against SA

13. oiqbal

oiqbal Youngsta Beauty

Sep 17, 2012
    Afridi is great player, hes 32 now. And by looking at his age, people would expect him use hid brain when batting. But I guess he doesnt have a brain? In last game, he should never have gone for the hit. He should have taken some time to play ground shots, and build partnership with U. Akmal.

My personal opinion is to bench him against India, and play Razzaq. We've got a spin bowler in Raza Hasan.

14. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    ok i don't understand that what do you guys mean by Afridi doesn't have a brain or is stupid..

If he is that stupid or doesn't have a brain, then shouldn't he be in a mental hospital.. Does that mean that the selectors are stupid for selecting someone with no brain? Does that mean his fans are stupid for supporting someone without a brain?

honestly, stop dusting off this issue by saying that Afridi is stupid or has no brain.. Because you guys are also insulting urself, as you support him.

15. WeeklyEmail

WeeklyEmail Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    I have no idea of when will Afridi learn? This guy has gotten like 5 golden ducks in T20 internationals. I believe four of those came in World T20s and one was in the final vs India in 07!! I still love him though. Hes quite energetic!! :p

16. umelone

umelone Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    afridi doesnt need to make reputation !!! he has got it already,,,,millions of hearts beat for him....misbah is agood player if there was a 10 day format of the game.....

17. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Majority of those fans support him because they like his hair. That says it all really.

• List
  18. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Oh God, his hair is so silky and soft and perfect, I want to touch it. A former Afridi fan

19. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Are you Saj in disguise?

20. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    No, I'm a Canistani Hero!

21. Zubair Naeem Paracha

Zubair Naeem Paracha Youngsta Beauty

Sep 16, 2012
    Afridi along Ajmal has been the best bowler for Pakistan in the World T20 yet. He has not gone for runs and has taken a wicket or two as well. Its the AFRIDI brand that is actually doing him the damage. He has been so famous for his batting that no one would look at his bowling figures if he gets out playing an irresponsible shot. I am not saying that he should not try to stay on wicket or work on his batting but saying that he has done nothing good for the team in the on going world t20 would be rubbish.

22. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    I thought someone was stealing ideas from Energy. So you are the inside man. What did they offer you? modship? captaincy? did they call you a true warrior?

23. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    I am a true warrior who gets to moderate a forum and to captain the Outlawz

• List
  24. Adnan Adil

Adnan Adil Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    I will side with Hafeez.. he says he is a match winner and he is.. He did say after 1 bad performance we dont drop match winners, we dont think like that but you do.. So.. And I am pretty sure he will bounce back real hard..

25. salem

salem Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    To me he just looks totally out of it. Not interested. Sober lOoking at all times

26. Adnan Adil

Adnan Adil Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    his body language does looked fatigued.. that i would admit

27. Babar Saif

Babar Saif Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    We expect a little too much from him. He should be scoring a century in 10 balls and he should take 5 wickets when bowling. I think he only focuses on his bowling now. But being a senior player and an all rounder he has the responsibility to take the team to the finishing line. Throwing his wicket like that makes him seem so immature.

28. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Afridi absolutely irritates me. He was one of my favourite players but its criminal that he has been allowed to waste his abundant talent in the way that he has. He needed a kick up the backside and should have been dropped and told he wasn't coming back until he got his head sorted. However the media,sponsors and stupid fans wouldn't have let this happen, instead they condoned and congratulated him on his mediocrity and mocked those who expected more from him.

An absolute waste.

• List
  29. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    If Afridi was selfish, we would have not won 2009 WC. Show me player in this team who have helped pakistan won any big tournament? He is going through a bad patch. Calling him selfish is pathetic and for OP, let us know what your punter Misbah have won for pakistan. He chooked in every WC he played, but that does not mean he is selfish. So grow up and stop taking cheap shots. I wonder why you were kicked out of that other webiste, because your love for Afridi actually falls under the guidelines of PP.

30. ataif

ataif Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    just needs to play himself in before he goes 'boom boom'

31. CleverSirMC

CleverSirMC Youngsta Beauty

Jul 24, 2010
    I don't know if you can call him selfish...as much as his game is almost over. He has become useless with the bat and his time with the ball is almost upon us. I've always said that I'd rather take a player with a 25 average that will consistently give me those 20-30 runs rather than live in the hope that a guy with about the same average might go off big once every blue moon. While those are exciting to watch almost every player has the potential to play them. We need to start sitting him more and developing a player in his place to man the 8 spot.

32. motime

motime Youngsta Beauty

Sep 30, 2012
    Afridi needs to bat up. He's wasted down the order. Bat him up what's the harm? If he doesn't score he gets out stleast he doesn't waste any balls.

33. Axee

Axee Banned

Sep 30, 2012
    For me Afridi isn't a big hitter, he is more a miss-Hitter, leading edges, Scoops ending high in the air. In his career you might find 10-20 match winning innings in over 350+ matches.

34. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    believe it or not, but when i was young, i actually touched his hair :facepalm: It was when there use to be those Pak Vs Ind games at Toronto.

35. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    just because you don't agree with me, doesn't me YOU START TAKING CHEAP SHOTS AT ME.. Learn to respect others...... no need to get so personal......

36. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Perhaps you shouldn't take cheap shots at players either? I've seen you calling Afridi a retard and an idiot numerous times. That's not fair either.

37. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    look at the number of people calling AFridi an idiot stupid and no brainer, and then read post #134

38. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    I don't get what that has to do with you calling Afridi a retard/an idiot?

I see what you're saying in that post and I don't think saying he doesn't have a brain is a defense for him. He literally does not have a brain and sometimes it works for him, other times it doesn't. What's your point?

39. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    literally? so that means the majority of Pak fans are stupid aswell, as they support someone with a brain... literally........

40. rosiej

rosiej Youngsta Beauty

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't think there is any need to be insulting towards any players. Everyone has different styles and different approaches. We should be able to respect them, it has gotten them this far.