The NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by Fawad, Aug 20, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    I tried to search for a related thread but couldn't find any. So here we are.

Does anyone else watch NFL? I know Inswinger is a NY Giants fan. Who else watches the sport?

Personally I support NE Patriots.

2. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Love the NFL. Can't wait for the season to kick-off.

3. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Hey, how's your run game shaping up this season? After the departure of Ahmad Bradshaw to Colts?

4. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    I'm a jets fan. Looking like another fun season for us, but I can't wait until the season starts.

Fantasy football is probably the most fun fantasy sport on the planet.

5. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Running games gonna be in good hands with Wilson. He was our top pick last year and has really come on strongly.

6. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    What do you think about Seahawks and Wilson? A lot of people are picking them to be the team to beat in NFC.

7. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Seahawks and Niners are definitely the teams to beat in the NFC. But I think Wilson might struggle a bit with the defenses catching up to his style.

8. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    life long Redskins fans here - looking forward to the season for a change after so many years of pain!
    Intrigued to see if our offense gets even better as RGIII matures and hopefully the D steps up with the return of Orakpo and some new blood in the draft

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  9. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    I know everyone thinks of RG3 when talking about Redskins, but I really like Kirk Cousins and Alfred Morris.

Do you think Mike Shanahan would consider trading Cousins anytime this season? Or is he gonna be Knee insurance for RG3?

10. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Do you think same can be said about Kaepernick?

11. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Cousins is the insurance policy for RG#. I don't think RG3 will play a full season due to his running style. He'll get injured frequently. Morris was great for the Skins last year.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  12. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Americans...

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  13. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Yeah. Kaep doesn't even have that many great weapons around him as of now. Crabtree and Mannignham are the two deep threats and both of them will miss the first 6 weeks of the season. Gore is getting older and RBs tend to drop off quickly. He will have to rely on Davis and Boldin to get the job done.

14. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    49ers can pose a threat to any top team, just based on their defense, but yeah, if Kaep gets injured, as running QBs are susceptible to, they may miss Alex Smith.

Speaking of who, do you think he can take the Chiefs to a playoff spot?

15. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    WaQaReD! Just now remembering you are a redskins fan, and your brother and his raiders!

skins are looking good though, hopefully griffin can stay healthy

16. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    jets fans getting pretty creative. I'd like to say it can't get worse than last year...but it probably can. I'd love to go to our home opener against revis and the bucs, but it might be a disappointing car ride home.

[​IMG]

17. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Gonna be hard for them. The Broncos are the flat out favorites in that division. Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Broncos as favorites for division titles. Steelers, Bengals, Colts, Chiefs will be fighting for the 2 wildcard spots.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  18. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Its interesting that you have Texans winning the division, I think Colts may take the division this year.

19. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    haha didnt realise you were on the site Zaid (the Jets bit gave it away...)
    Lahori doesnt really follow the NFL any more, my other 2 brothers are still fans of the Dolphins and 49ers though
    good to hear from you again. Hope you have been well

20. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    this season is a bit too soon imo - i think the skins will always need a decent backup for RGIII but if Cousins plays a few games this year and performs as well as last season then he is going to be great trade bait in a QB driven league

21. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    Good to hear from you as well. Yup, all those years making fun of his raiders and now my jets are on that level :fp

22. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Jets are not at the Raiders level. They still have an outstanding defense with Wilkerson really coming into his own last season.

23. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    You're right, our defense has always been solid. What do you think about the revis trade? The bucs signed him to a sweet deal in my opinion...no gaurenteed money. At the same time we won't have to deal with all the drama that comes with revis and the CB they drafted in the first round seems to be a promising prospect. I guess time will tell.

24. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    The Bucs did really well with the Revis deal.

Dee Miliner has the makings of a good CB but I don't think he'll be as good as Revis. Cromartie is outstanding and will be the leader in the secondary. Wilson has to step it up now with Revis gone. He's been with the Jets for 3 years and hasn't played like a first rounder.

The LBs are not as strong either. David Harris is a good player but he fell off last season.

25. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Let's see what Geno does at QB for Jets tonight. If he gets a couple of TD over Giants, Sanchez may finally get the boot.

26. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    I think Sanchez might still get to start the season. Goin from Sanchez to Geno will be easy if they have to do it after a few weeks. But if they start with Geno, and he struggled, then going to Sanchez would be a bad move.

• List
  27. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    Yeah he will probably start. My patience for Sanchez is running low, but I think people treat him far too harshly. The jets didn't have much strength in their O line and their receivers were average. I don't think geno smith will do any better, and Tebow definitely wouldn't have done better last year.

28. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Geno not doing any thing to help his chances, 3 interceptions from him so far. Guess who's he learning from?

29. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Yeah. Watching the game right now and both offenses look nothing great. Teams need more practice.

30. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Alright, lets talk about Sanchez's injury. It was a stupid decision by Rex Ryan to put him in behind 3rd string O linemen.... even though the game was on line. Its preseason, no one cares who wins the games here.

And the cheers from the crowd when he was injured were just facepalm worthy...

31. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    I honestly didn't think our QB situation could get worse, but wow. Geno has a terrible game with three INTs and then that embarrassing safety and then Sanchez gets injured trying to win a meaningless game. This is why Rex Ryan isnt cut out for being a head coach. He's a good defensive coordinator and that is it.

32. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    So it seems Sanchez has got a bruised right shoulder joint. I think he'd be fine for Week 1

33. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Preseason is over!!

Let the football begin!

34. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Lost Andre Brown, our backup and 3rd down back, in the final preseason game. Broken leg has knocked him out for at least 8 weeks. We'll need some help as Wilson is the only guy on the squad right now. Maybe the return of Brandon Jacobs?

35. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    So 53 men rosters were finalized yesterday! Tebow got cut by the Patriots, punter Mesko did too.

36. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    Baltimore v Denver on Thursday night, not such a bad game to kick off the season
    wont be watching though, as it will start at 1:30am here in the UK
    will definetly be watching the redskins open the season next monday night though! havent checked whether any tv channel is showing it or i have to find a stream

• List
  37. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    it is confirmed that geno smith will start at QB week 1... this is going to be a long season

38. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    I think that's a good move, Jets need to look past Sanchez now.

• List
  39. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    I just don't like rookie QB's starting in general unless they are special talents like luck, rg3, etc. Even Aaron rodgers benefited being on the bench for a bit.

40. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Geno just doesn't look like an NFL QB yet. Very unrefined.