The NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by Fawad, Aug 20, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Season is underway!!

2. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    can't wait to see RG3 in action again and let's see if all the hype around chip kelly is justified

3. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    well this season hasnt been the best of starts for the Redskins has it?!
    our defense is about as effective as Muhammed Hafeez's batting outside of Asia
    and RGIII is clearly rusty

4. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    does the fact that no team starting 0-2 has EVER made the playoffs worry you? I think if they lose their next few games they should consider resting RG3

5. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    no not really - they were 3-6 last year and won the division
    i think it would be pointless to bench RGIII now, he needs game time to get back into form, sitting on the bench wont help him(unless its proved he isnt 100% fit)

what worries me is that awful D - have never been a fan of Jim Haslett's defense with the Redskins, would prefer he left and they went back to a 4-3 Defense

6. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    That is not true at all. The Giants started 0-2 in 2007 and went on to win the Super Bowl.

7. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    Yeah, i realized this after they kept saying it on this show (pardon the interruption) I must have misheard what they were saying

8. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Tony and Wilbon are clueless.

9. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    I think it was since 2008
    never mind, Redskins have dropped to 0-3 lol think only 5 teams have ever overcome that?

10. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    Redskins get their 1st win, good ol' Raiders lol

how many of us are supporting winning teams in here? most sorry group of fans ever in this thread lol
    Redskins crap, Giants winless, Jets crap anyone else?

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  11. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    Geno Smith's fumble yesterday :fp:fp Why would putting the ball behind your back solve anything in this situation?

12. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    lol he must have had a brainfart moment and thought he was playing basketball. the QB class this year was supposed to be crap....
    whats happened to Sanchez? thank god the redskins didnt draft sanchez after rumours came out we were thinking of trading up for him when he came out a few yrs back

Minnesota v Pittsburgh was played in Wembley last night, thats about a 30min drive from where I am but I didnt go because Id rather stay home and watch a free live stream of the redskins : D

13. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    lol, don't forget even sanchez in his rookie year took us to the AFC championship game and everyone thought he had a lot of potential. I think Sanchez got a lot of unfair criticism the last few years as he had poor O-lines and no receivers.

I was suprised to see the turnout for the game in Wembley, is the NFL getting big over there?

14. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    havent followed Sanchez's career but seems like he has yet to have that break out year and take the next step

The NFL has been getting bigger here for quite a few years, another game next month here too, think its Jags v the niners - yep wont be going to that one either lol although I'm tempted to look into it as one of my brothers supports the 49ers

15. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
  16. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    Gronkowski out with a torn acl/mcl. Huge blow for the patriots...they looked average without him in the beginning of the season.

Redskins should really consider resting RG3 now.

17. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    yep read on the washington post that Shanahan will decide tomorrow whether to rest RGIII and play Kirk Cousins instead

18. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Patriots without Gronk will be okay for regular season, it'll be a problem in playoffs, especially if they don't get a bye week.

19. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    wild finish to the season. Orton filling in for romo pulls a romo with a chance to win it.

Chargers pull through against the cheifs (who were resting everyone)

20. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    redskins fire coach shanahan
    a season which started with so much promise fizzled out terribly
    kind of sad to see him go, I think the problem was more the defense, but a fresh start is what is needed after all the drama that went on through the season but a feeling of deja vu with the need to rebuild yet again
    need a new owner too but that is just not going to happen

21. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    What's the count on fired coaches this Black Monday?

Texans, Browns, Redskins, Buccaneers... Who else?

22. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    think the lions have fired Jim Schwartz too?

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  23. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    just checked - leslie frazier fired from the vikings too

24. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    6 coaching spots are currently open. I think the best job up right not is Detroit. They have a QB and the best WR in the league. Their defensive line is stellar.

25. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    yup, hes gone

Woody johnson says rex is safe and that "he couldn't be prouder of the team"

how the hell can he say that when we didnt even make the playoffs? so if we make the playoffs or don't make it he is equally proud? what an idiot he is.

26. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    I'm surprised Jerry kept Garrett in Dallas. jets keeping Rex comes as no surprise. The team did as well as one would expect from this roster.

27. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    So Chiefs are knocked out in a shootout. 11 teams left in the hunt for the SB.

28. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    unbelievable loss for KC. Up by 28 in the 3rd and end up losing.

The saints finally win a road playoff game, that too in cold weather of philly

29. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Another two good games coming up today..

30. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Niners - Packers game will be epic. Could be the coldest game in NFL history with wind chill pushing temps to -30F

31. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    What's your prediction?

I'm thinking 24-17 Packers.

32. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    49ers have a great recipe for success...good running game and defense. The outcome may depend on how good rodgers is. He didn't look great last week for the most part so we'll see how he does today.

33. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    So Peyton Manning wins the superstar battle to reach Super Bowl which coincidentally could also be the last battle between him and Brady.

34. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    Richard Sherman with the hilarious interview last night. Sad to see Seattle fans throwing popcorn at Bowman while being carted off

35. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Seahawks v Broncos SB..... *pukes*

36. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    What a start to the off season for the jets. We have signed Revis, cromartie and skine. Also have gotten Brandon Marshall and Ryan Fitzpatrick via trades. The draft can make this a great offseason for us

37. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Eagles are on a wild ride themselves.

38. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    I have no idea what's going on in Philly. The McCoy trade ended up being ok since they got kiko and demarco. But I don't get the foles trade.

39. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Bills, Dolphins, Jets.. all adding more firepower to their rosters. Patriots might have a tougher time in the AFCE

40. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Just tell me if Jamaal's team will be able to pose a real Super Bowl challenge or not?