The NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by Fawad, Aug 20, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    They haven't really done anything extraordinary yet. Let go of Bowe, but added Maclin. A slight improvement.

2. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  3. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Why.....

4. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Why is Maclin better? Well he's hitting his prime right now, Bowe is past it.

5. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Reggie Bush signs with the 49ers

6. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

No, why are Chiefs not improving their team substantially?

7. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Because they have no money to spend. They're at the allowed limit, less than a million in cap space.

They'll look to draft players instead of signing free agents.

8. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

These NFL transfer and draft rules are confusing.

9. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Simply put, you are only allowed to use a limited amount of money per year. And all young players must enter the league via a draft.

Chiefs have already spent the allotted allowance, they'll now look towards young guns from college football to improve their team.

10. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    how did your teams do in the draft Fawad WaQaReD! Don Corleone SwingNSeam Inswinger iZeeshan

I love what the jets did. Couldn't turn down leornard williams. Got a good receiver in devin smith. I like petty as a qb, although he is a project and getting zac stacy for a 7th round pick was another great move.

11. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Nothing too flashy at first look besides Malcom Brown (who should be able to replace Wilfork), but Pats did add a lot of depth in the trenches. There's always an element of surprise with BB at the helm. Getting a half blind linebacker (yup, Matt Wells is legally blind in one eye) and a Navy long snapper in 5th round was entertaining to say the least. Only big hole left in the roster is at cornerback.

As for Jets, I think they did very well with their selections. Best D line in the league with Leonard in the mix. Bryce Petty was an interesting choice as well, I wonder if NY media/fans will let him develop at a natural pace and not rush to start him too soon. As for Stacy, I think he's too similar to the guys on the roster already (Ridley, Powell, Ivory). I don't expect Jets to take all four into the season.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  12. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    that is very interesting indeed. I had no idea about matt wells. I see where you're coming from on our RB situation, but I still have my doubts over ridley after his injury last year so I guess we have some depth there.

13. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    Didn't really follow the draft that well nor do I know the roster status of the Colts that well. I know we picked up a receiver in the first round, so let's see how that plays out since Reggie Wayne is no longer on the roster.

14. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Really happy with how the first 3 picks went. Filled a lot of needs without reaching in any of the rounds. O-line, D-line, and the secondary has been a major concern for us, and now we have 3 potential starters.

15. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

I got absolutely no idea :lol

You tell me. How did Kansas City Chiefs do?

Actually I think I'll rather support the 49ers if I decide to choose a team. Only like the legend Jamaal Charles from KC.

16. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    I have no idea. Too many teams and rounds to keep track of :lol

Just looking online: niners traded the chargers their 15th pick for the 17th pick, a 4th round pick, and a future 5th round pick. They drafted the same player they would have drafted at 15, arik armstead (defensive end). Here's a list of the players they drafted and some background on them.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...gating-report-card-grades-from-around-the-web

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  17. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  18. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
  19. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    I'm furious at that. Even their million dollar investigation couldn't give them the smoking gun they looked for, for four freaking months. He would've gotten less suspension had he beat his wife. Absolute farce. This isn't the end though, Brady and Kraft will fight it all to the bitter end.

20. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    This whole thing has been blown up for no reason. The only interesting part in the text messages is that it seemed like they definitely did it for the ravens game, but I honestly don't see how brady could be suspended for 4 games.

21. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014

Bunch of paindus playing lol.

22. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Man... The QBs cant even throw the ball the right way at times lmao

23. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Great couple of days of drama. Free Agency is delivering so far!

24. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    matt forte to the jets! I hope he doesn't hit that post 30 wall hard.

Chris ivory to jags
    Demarco to the titans
    Brock osweiler to the Texans

25. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Alot of players moving around.

26. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    It seems to have been settled down a bit. Still some interesting free agents in the market, like Fitzpatrick, RG3, Foster, Alfred Morris, James Jones, etc..

27. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Blockbuster trade executed today!

28. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010