1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

The Road to Glory: Clash of the Titans

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Renaissance, Mar 18, 2014.

The Road to Glory: Clash of the Titans

by Zain Al Abideen
Mar 18, 2014 at 6:39 PM
  1. Renaissance

Renaissance Formerly Goliath

Apr 29, 2012

fight.png

Perspiration flows down your cheek like a river of doubt. The silence pierces deep into your ears distorting your senses. Your heart pounds vigorously to a steady drum beat. The time of reckoning has come. Step out of the tunnel and embrace the roar of the crowd. Leave doubt behind and let passion and drive fill your soul. For in the heat of battle your mind must be clear. You must focus with all your might on the target - ultimate glory. Only then will you truly be able to succeed. Now march; march for victory, for glory, for fame. March through the enemies ranks and take what is rightfully yours.

This is no ordinary game of cricket. This game is not for the faint hearted. This is an all out war and there is no middle ground. This is winner takes all. This is Pakistan vs India.

Statistics are almost irrelevant to this sort of contest. For example the statistics were against India in the ICC World Twenty20 2007 in South Africa were Pakistan required a run off two balls. Sreesanth, however had different ideas and what followed was a dot ball a wicket and a bowl out which became embarrassing for Pakistani fans across the globe to watch.

Let's be realistic. The T20 format is full of unpredictability and it is quite predictable that a mercurial side such as Pakistan excels in this form of the game. It is hard to fathom a reason as to why Pakistan have not yet beaten India in a world cup game. Looking back over the games it is plain to see that statistical analysis of the games do not show us the underlying reasons of Pakistan's losses to India. What is apparent is that there seems to be a poor mentality coming into these big games and it is understandable that when facing your biggest rivals the stakes are raised to the maximum.

pakistan-india-wicket-t20-2014-world-cup.png

This year however it is a different story. Fresh off the block with a win against India in the recently concluded Asia Cup, Pakistan will be full of confidence. Mohammad Hafeez has stated that it is a game which the players enjoy playing and thus embracing the expectation of all the hopeful fans. One other factor which has not been mentioned until now is that Pakistan have nothing to lose. Having being beaten on every occasion in the World Cup against India thus far, and the fact that this is the first game in the tournament could be beneficial to the Pakistani camp. If Pakistan beats India they have a boost at the beginning at the tournament that can help them through the rest of the cup and in the event that they lose they will be able to overcome their bogey side and look on to the rest of the teams with joy that the hardest of them has come and gone.

misbah-curse.jpg

"See, when you drive home today, you've got a big windshield on the front of your car. And you've got a little bitty rear-view mirror. And the reason the windshield is so large and the rear-view mirror is so small is because what's happened in your past is not near as important as what's in your future." - Joel Osteen
    There is no need to focus on the past for the Pakistani side, rather they should look forward to the future and leave the rest behind.

The mindset needs to be positive for whoever the winner will be. It is a big chance for Pakistan to come out and bring the attack to the Indians and heap the pressure onto them. For Pakistan the road to victory will come through playing with clear heads and focusing on the game rather than succumbing to pressure and thinking of how badly they will be affected as the tournament continues.

Shahid-afridi-001.jpg
    "If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." - Benjamin Franklin
    Afridi will have a big role to play, can he continue his good form with the bat and play with big and small shots in his artillery.

The fact of the matter is that this will be a big game. The stadiums will be packed with screaming fans. The players will need to wear their hearts on their sleeves and come out roaring with energy in every department. To the boys in green: "May the lightning of your glory be seen and the thunders of your onset heard from east to west, and be ye the avengers of noble blood!" - William the Conqueror.

Let us end how we began. Step out of the tunnel and embrace the roar of the crowd. Leave doubt behind and let passion and drive fill your soul. For in the heat of battle your mind must be clear. You must focus with all your might on the target - ultimate glory. Only then will you truly be able to succeed. Now march; march for victory, for glory, for fame. March through the enemies ranks and take what is rightfully yours.

To the Captains I leave you these words to pass on to your subjects:

quote-you-must-not-fear-death-my-lads.jpg

... TO WAR!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
Zain has a very distinctive writing style full of interesting quotations.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
      Another fascinating article by Renaissance involving some famous quotations.

India Pakistan, got to be a war on the 21st.

2. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
    3. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
    4. Victorious Pakistan

Victorious Pakistan Smooth Operator

Feb 29, 2012
      Very interesting read Renaissance.
      Just one bit I disagreed with was this:

Pakistan have everything to lose. I think even a large percentage of Indian fans are fearing the worst in this game. Pakistan are coming into the tournament in a very confident mood after some very good recent wins. The Asia cup win against the Indians will give them huge confidence. Pakistan has the better all round squad with better versatility. India will be hoping things click after a really poor few months especially.

There is no bigger game for any Pakistani or Indian. There is no excuses. Pakistan have a lot in their favor coming into this contest and should make it count. If Pakistan can beat the Indians which I am confident they will, I find it difficult to believe that any team can stop them.

5. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
      Another great article, full of passion. Is anyone else going to enter? Renaissance is competing with himself at this point.

6. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
      Put one up a few days back, just waiting on Mercenary to upload it.
      I think most posters are waiting for the actual tournament to kick start between the bigger teams before the articles flow.

7. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
      It doesnt get bigger than Pakistan india though and that is in a few days time

8. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
      You won't find someone who is more relaxed and takes more time than Mercenary. I am sure there are plenty of articles waiting to be shown. He probably is still in awe that Fawad didn't take part in the second banner competition after his super effort in the first one.

[Good work with this banner by the way Express Pace, you seem to be doing very well with them now.]

9. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
      Thank you very much bro. I like it when people post constructive criticism so thanks for that.
      I still have to say I disagree with that. I dont think Pakistan have anything to lose in this game and I think they should play like they have nothing to lose by throwing everything at the Indians. If they play with the feeling that this is a massive be all end all game the pressure may just get to their heads as it has done in the past and that could lead to ultimate failure in my opinion. So i think Hafeez was right in releasing the pressure a bit in his conference, it will be god to play without the fear behind them. but once again thanks for that post bro, I appreciate it

10. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
      Not too many tbh but yh... and amazing work Express Pace didnt really want to mention it in the thread but wonderful banner

11. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
      Whether Pakistan/Hafeez play the mental games with India or not, there is no hiding the fact that this is the biggest rivalry going. All of India and Pakistan will tune into the game, not to forget the fact the millions of Indians and Pakistani's living abroad will also. How can you hide from such pressure? - There is no hiding place. The best way to overcome everything is use the crowd and remembrance of your country's support as a source of inspiration. They showed they could overcome pressure by beating India in India and beating India in the Asia Cup. They overcame a mental issue of chasing by beating their biggest rivals, that to by doing something they have been woeful at recently. They followed that up by another very good chase against Bangladesh.
      Then in the Warm up game against New Zealand they won another chase. All three were close, all three Pakistan won.
      India on the other hand come into the tournament on the back of some shocking form.

Pakistan are favorites by many and they can't be found hiding. This is the game every Pakistani kid dreams of playing in. No excuses. I feel we have the better team and are much higher on confidence.

12. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
      I agree... this is a massive game and of course there will be pressure just because of the fact that it is a Pakistan vs India game. But that isn't a reason for them to add to that pressure. They should go out there and play their natural game... play freely, that pressure from that game should be harnessed and translated into passion. I love to see passionate affairs of cricket... I would love to see the Umar Akmal's and Virat Kholi's of the world go out their at the oppositions necks. But it is exactly this. We need to go into the game with the sole intent of winning. Forgetting completely about any repercussions that a loss may produce. We need to be at their throats and be going for the kill from the outset. We have a good bunch of lads and yes in my honest opinion they should win. For me teams like India are good because even if they are out of form coming into the tournament, when the tournament commences a high pressure tie like this one galvanizes them all and they come out rearing to go and they come out to win the game. That is what this should do for our lads... hafeez should be saying we want to go out and win this game galvanize his troops and get them ready for battle. Players may be thinking about what has happened in the past. That is irrelevant. Hafeez should be there painting a picture in the players heads that this is the time to move on, the time to progress towards the future. We need to hunt them down like a pack of wolves and make sure we leave the rotted carcass of the indian team on that feild. We must destroy their team to the point where they will not want to participate in the rest of the tournament.

Sorry lost the plot a bit there :p

13. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Shahzad.Firdous

Why have you hacked Renaissance 's account?

14. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
    15. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
    16. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
      great article i think all the pressure is on india this tyme so we have a bright chance of winning this tyme!! Shahid Afridi's sixes have changed the whole mindset of Pak players i m sure!!

17. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
      team we should go with in the game against India 1) Kamran Akmal 2) Ahmed Shahzad 3) Sohaib Maqsood 4) Hafeez 5) Umar Akmal 6) Afridi 7) Shoaib Malik 8) Gul 9) Talha 10) Junaid 11) Ajmal
      Open the bowling with Gul and Hafeez bowl them for 2 overs each then bring in Ajmal and Junaid for an over each then as usual Afridi and Hafeez in the middle overs Afridi bowls his 4 unless he is taken for runs and Hafeez finishes his quota of 2 overs left. Then in the 12th over bring in Junaid bowl his 2 overs. in the 15th over bring in Ajmal and in 16th bowl Talha 18th and 20th is bowled by Gul!!

18. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
    19. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    20. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
      ? Ok that was even more ambiguous as your first post? Or am i being dumb?

21. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    22. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
      Victorious Pakistan i hate to bring this up but i told you so. Pressure got to everyones heads and messed them up

23. Victorious Pakistan

Feb 29, 2012
      I don't think it was pressure. I thought it was a rather futile effort with the bat. Not much planning or thought about how they were going to go about things. It was the usual batting frailties showing again as always which cost us, hence I don't really think it was pressure.

24. Renaissance

Apr 29, 2012
      It was most definitely pressure.. I think your being hard on the lads. We will go on with the same team and do far better than india will in the rest of the tournament. It was definitely pressure

25. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    26. Bilal18

Bilal18 Youngsta Beauty

Mar 19, 2014
      good stuff.

to the intelligent reader, you've done well. but to the typical reader, of whom you may be addressing this towards, it's just too wordy. wordy is a big no-no for the typical reader.

I'm not saying to stick to the facts or anything; without a doubt be editorial! But do it in a way where you can relate to everyone, reach a common ground with everyone and convince. You have a very clear way of putting your point across (i've known that from our English lit classes lol)- don't ruin it by amassing verbosity not required. (see what I mean?)

27. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
      Please change that picture from the homepage. Sick of seeing Yuvraj's douchy face on the homepage. Always thought he was a ****.