The series will be tough, we will have to play good cricket: Misbah

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan head coach-cum-chief selector Misbahul Haq is concerned about the dip in form of three key players of the national Test side, ahead of the two-match Test series against Sri Lanka on home soil.

The Azhar Ali-led unit were clean swept two-nil during recently concluded Test series in Australia with embarrassing innings defeat in both matches.

"It is a worry for us, Yasir [Shah] and [Mohammad] Abbas are our main bowlers and some of our main batsmen like Azhar [Ali], their form is also concerning for us," said Misbah while speaking on the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) podcast.

"When you come and play in these conditions, it's difficult for spinners. Lyon got wickets on the last day [in second Test] also, before that he had two wickets. In Asian conditions, Yasir's performances have always been good and we're looking forward to him stepping up there and performing well because he's our main match-winner," said the former Pakistan captain while elaborating leg-spinner Yasir Shah’s performance Down Under.

Misbah also rued the fact that Pakistan batsmen threw away their wicket after getting their eye in, which was in stark contrast with the way their counterparts batted.

"Australian batsmen capitalised on their starts and made big hundreds, Warner hit a triple and we missed that. Our batsmen got set then got out, they couldn't play big innings, otherwise the results could have been a little different," he said. "To be successful here, we need to improve and know how to bowl in these conditions. With batting, there's some technical adjustments that are needed here, your scoring areas change so we have to look at that in future."

The former right-handed batsman also expected a tough challenge from the visiting Islanders in the upcoming Test series, later in December.

"Sri Lanka have a strong team, they have announced a full strength squad. Our bowling attack is inexperienced as there are some new faces after the retirements of [Mohammad] Amir, Wahab [Riaz] and Hasan Ali's injury. The series will be tough, we will have to play good cricket. You can't say that since it's a home series, it will be easy for us. SL beat SA and their young bowling attack has been performing well, pace wise also they're good. We will have to improve a lot to bring good results, it won't be easy for us," he concluded.

The first Test will be played at the Pindi Cricket Stadium from December 11-15, while the second Test will be held at the National Stadium from December 19-23.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...ut-dip-in-form-of-three-pakistan-test-players

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Mr. goody two-shoes with his usual defeatist attitude, what a shame, even we cant say "we will defeat SL on our first home series after so many years", such a coward (Misbah).

3. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    maybe becos SL kicked Pak's ass last time?

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    So because of one lost, everything will be changed? Seriously ...

Misbah's mindset is horrendous, we dont need this defeatist attitude.

btw: how have you been patricia?

5. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Seriously, why THE EFFF do we need this guy?
    What's the difference it's gonna make if we are without Misbah? And what's the achievement are going to get with Misbah?

I don't see a ZERO gain that our team could get for this a-ho!e being the head coach and chief selector. ZERO !

why are we wasting SO MUCH money on this guy????? why?

6. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    ah! such clever namecalling. guess one has to work with what he has got.

Anyway, that was some ass whooping pak got down under. Misbah probably knows SL might dish out more. Just like last time Pak hosted SL.

how is the super duper tracker coming?

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Oh I didnt know that Misbah has a magic ball, which he use to see the future.

As for tracker, it has already said many red flags on you, and I am not surprised at all that your activity is almost nonexistence since than.

And btw: arent you pretend to be an "Indian" anymore patricia?

8. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    one only needs common sense to take Misbah's approach to his series. not a magic ball. I can understand why that is difficult for you.

My activity has to do with what news is there. mocking you about your cricket team is like beating a down syndrome kid in chess. no challenge there. Ind-pak front is quiet becos PMIK's dramabazi has gone nowhere. so no BS to counter.

Not sure what the last sentence means: arent you pretend to be an "Indian" anymore patricia?

Could you translate that to english?

9. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Nothing is difficult at all, its just that you are shooting from rear side as usual with assumption(s).

As for your activity, its well documented that since when it went down and reason I have already mentioned. Content of the side are still the same.

What I have said "arent you pretend to be an "Indian" anymore" is crystal clear, so safe the act. Everybody on CS knows how you were pretending to be an Indian, which even deceived Mohan as he started to call you out to support him and his narrative.

10. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    So you think I was pretending to be Indian? where do you think I'm from and what do you think I gain from pretending to be Indian?

11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    In every single post you were mudslinging on Muslims, Pakistan and Pakistani's and carrying forward Indain's narrative - I am not the only who says that you were pretending to be an Indian, many holds the same opinion. And like as I said, even Mohan called you out in many of his post, because he was under the impression that you an Indian supporter.

As for where you are from, I dont give two hoots about it, however, 1000% you are not an Indian and its has been proven here multiple times, because many times I and others have asked you questions which normally Indians know (of course dont remember them on top of my head atm).

12. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Mohan called me out? where? I called wrist slitter in chief. Its good news for me that you think I'm 1000% not Indian.

BTW I sling mud all religions. Religion is the most idiotic thing ever made up by mankind.

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Search his posts and you will find out.

As for religion, I am sorry but this is the most disgusting thing to do regardless if you follow any religion or not (because your words will hurt sentiments of many and it begins nasty backlash). If you dont respect it, than you have no right to disrespect any religion either. And it goes for Islam and any other religion.

Anyways, no need to any further derail this thread anymore.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  14. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I mean I'd really want to nail SL here but you can't do that with guys like Azhar and Asad who may leave us in losing position even after scoring centuries also our bowlers lack the quality so technically Misbah is right. It will be a tight series. SL start as favourites.