The weight training/fitness thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by chandtara, Sep 12, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Was sick for 1 week

And didn't eat much in the next

Also i do a lot of walking and medium weight lifting

2. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010
    45 pounds in 3 weeks w/o supplements and side effects?

Have a tough time buying that.

The calorific equivalence is 3500 cal per pound. Average calorific consumption for a non cyclist athlete is about 4000 cal per day max.

www.active.com/cycling/articles/infographic-how-many-calories-does-an-endurance-athlete-burn

45 pounds = 157500 cal in 21 days = 7500 cal/day of burn rate.

Something is not adding up.

3. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010
    Dehydration.

4. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    No clue how he did it but he does not even take protein shakes as he does not trust them. Not joking. He came back after a 3 week period looking like a different person. Playing 6 hours of intense football followed by constant gym routine is literally all he did.

Rowing Machine and Treadmill were abused.

It is clearly possible haha I have no reason to make this up haha

5. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    nope. I did something like this

no sweets, no chocolates, no sugar filled cokes

only water

If I'm going to have 2 sandwiches for Breakfast then I had 1

skipped lunch, if feeling hungry then eating lots of water to wash it off

Dinner, but not a full stomach dinner. If I'm eating 4 pieces of chicken, I'll eat 2

Good Night sleep

Repeat

6. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010
    sweets, chocolates sugar avoidance is the main thing. Portion size reduction helps.

Keep it up.

Hint: eat a small plate of salad before every meal if possible. Wait 5-10 min and then eat your meal.

7. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    thanks for the advice man, will do that.

also my friend told me to not skip lunch and instead eat a cucumber/carrot

8. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    [​IMG]

The Spell your name work out, or well you can do whatever you want but with my long ass full name of 32 letters it means I have to do

Burpees: 195
    Jumping Jacks: 400
    Squats: 95
    Pushups: 90
    Crunches: 40
    Wall Sit: 3 Minute
    Arm Circles: 30

@Mohsin You know what to do, your name is short enough though wont be as intense

9. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    90 push ups :eek:

10. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  11. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    lol what, I doubt that is a name, period

12. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Don't know how much gains id make compared to you haha

Burpees - 145
    Jumping Jacks - 280
    Squats 40
    Push Ups - 35

13. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011

The 90 pushups is not a problem, it is easily done, the only thing that got to me was the burpees, I am dead after 50 let alone 200+ lol

14. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    @Mohsin did not see your message for a while as it is buried deep inside the quote, man making gains is tough I admit but it requires you to really love what you are doing. You need to enjoy the workouts not see it as a paintaking task. I had that issue ages ago and currently lol, but the gains I made was in Surbiton, was looking forward to workouts every day

15. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    1. Its all those squats man, takes it out of meh

2. How did you quote me without quoting me #blackmagic

16. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011

Man the 145 Burpees will really hurt, I would have been depressed seeing 50 Burpees lol because if you are unfit you will struggle with even 10 of them haha and that is what I found out when I tried this earlier. If you can follow this particular thing, I assure you, you will shred excess fat and with your other workouts + BCAA + Healthy Eating + Whey + Green Tea + Water you will see results really quick. That particular workout I sent you though, do not over do it, it takes a tole on your body after a while.
    Used to do this very workout, then started using weights for other workouts if I had any energy left. Burpees, Lunges followed right away by Pushups really strengthens your chest, abs, calves and thighs.

You can do Pushups in your burpees too to make it that bit more intense.

Lemme send you another picture of particular foods

[​IMG]

Even a few of those will be enough. My produce consumption used to consist of Brocolli, Spinach,Mushrooms and Apples,
    Fats (Olives, Extra Virgin Olive Oil everyday ahead of the other oils, Almonds)
    Carbs (Sweet Potatos,Whole Grain Foods, Wheatabix)
    Protein (Tuna,Whey, Egg, Wheatabix (One bar of wheatabix has a lot of protein in it lol)

It also helps if you know how to cook and you use Cinnamon, Turmeric, Ginger, Oregano, Parsley in nearly everything you eat. Sorted.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  17. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Nah trust me man, I don't really need to shred that much fat...bulking is the thing for me, fat loss hasnt really ever been an issue. Also my chest naturally makes good gains, its my shoulders and arms that are lagging behind a little.

Also (random question), how do you know if you're starting to get a six-pack (early days)...my stomach has always been a little 'squigy' (though thankfully not noticeable lol), though now with my core getting stronger each workout and my hip area getting shredded (those 2 lines at the waist) my stomach is getting a lot more solid and kinda flatter in an oval shape (with the 2 sides of my torso pretty solid). If any of that made sense to you, well done indeed lol

18. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011

Slimming of the waist is generally a good sign, I was a 36 waist due to my piggy ways for a while and went down to 31. When I tried 32 it was alright but still a bit lose and 30 was tight so yeah.

All I can say is if your abs hurt after a workout and the morning after , you are doing a great job lol

19. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    There's 44 days left till my birthday and I have a challenge for myself.

I'm going to hit the gym as much as I can (if not everyday). I'm going to eat healthier and move around more and in shaa Allah by my birthday, I will be healthier and fitter.

It's going to be hard but it's always good to think positively.

20. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Good luck man, stick at it and be consistent. The first 2/3 workouts will be hard, break through the wall.

21. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Sweet P v White P:

The sweet potato is 86kcal per 100g

The white potato sits at 77kcal per 100

White Potato lower in calories.

Fat content is a tie at 0.1g of fat per 100g.

The white potato wins the potassium battle at 421mg per 100g to the sweet potatoes 337mg.

White Potato more Potassium.

Carbohydrate wise the white potato is at 17g per 100g, the sweet potato is at 20g per 100g.

White Potato contains LESS carbs.

The sweet potato does contain 3g of fibre which is .8g more than the the white potatoes 2.2g.

Sweet Potato has more fibre by 4%..

Sweet Potato contains 4.8g of sugar compared to the white’s 0.8g per 100g.

White Potato has much less sugar content.

White Potato contains 2g of protein to the Sweet potato’s 1.6%

White Potato has more Protein.

White potato has 19.7mg’s of Vitamin C and the sweet potato’s only got 2.4mg

White Potato contains more Vitamin C.

White potato suffers a defeat as far as Calcium content with the sweet potato having 30mg compared to the white’s effort of 12mg.

Sweet Potato wins the Calcium battle.

White Potato also contains more Iron and Vitamin b-6 than the Sweet Potato.

So as you can see sweet potato doesn’t actually have that many, if really any tangible benefits on paper.

From the outside world, without bias you’d pick the white potato surely, right?

The main reason the fitness industry loves sweet potatoes is that they have more taste when cooked in a ‘healthy’ fashion.

However white potatoes will not ‘make you fat’.

You can eat them as part of your healthier diet

22. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    Stop chatting shit and just lift.

23. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
  24. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
  25. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Real talk. @Saj back with a bang!

26. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    So almost got into a fight at the gym this morning. Came in and this guy is using the squat rack to bend over row. I ask (nicely) how many more reps he's got, he gives some attitude ridden answer, 'i just started'. So I then ask, if he'd mind moving back to do his rows, so I can squat (its the rack with the long wooden floor that extends beyond the squat are, so more than enough space for 2 people to do their thing).

He then gives me an even more attitude ridden answer that he cant row and watch me squatting (random but whatever) and I now (I'm already in one of those moods as it is) am pissed off and tell him l, he can row further back, this area is for squatting. He then swears at me and mumbles some other stuff. I then become condescending purposely and ask 'what are you being rude mate, no need for that'...this pissed him off more.

This guy was shorter than me (I ain't the smallest guy in the world but defo also not the tallest in the world) but VERY VERY sturdy. I cautioned against trying to wind him up more and just waited for him to be done.

But its always (without meaning to sound UKIP/BNPish the foreigners who are needlessly rude at the gym.

27. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    I agree with the last paragraph. Alot of these guys are normally hench & think they own the space. Like the other day, a kurdish bloke was sitting right where my locker was. I had ask him twice..politely of course to move so that I can access my locker...he did so but not before giving me a dirty glance.

28. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Who were ya trying to impress

29. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Man hmm that is very strange...maybe he mistook you for being a Pathan because of your fair complextion

30. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Also who would not want to see you squat. Clearly afraid he would get turned on

31. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    No one man, just get REALLY pissed off when people are rude for no reason.

32. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Wth :eek:

33. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    People are like that. Recently at the driving school, one fellow Pakistani got mad at me for telling him he was going to crash the car to the pole. He didn't even appreciate me helping him. Just said he had it under control, no need to tell him. Next time while parking, he was looking at me. Then he said is my car leveled. I didn't say a word. Wanted to show him my finger but what good would that have brought.

34. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    You no squat Patriot? Its a good way to get the girls...akin to a peacock flashing its feathers id say...

35. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Gym banter chotay...Also sarcasm lol

36. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    @Mohsin you live a very dramatic life. At least you are blessed with fair skin.

37. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    You only live once man....oh and don't forget the MashAllah :p

And you forgot the jet black hair and green eyes...MashAllah

38. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010
    So whats your squat max compared to your body weight?

39. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Did 70kg yesterday but failed on last set(I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5, so up the weight by 2.5kg after each workout (providing obviously successful completion of the sets). Its not bad for me, squatting more than my bodyweight and I HATE squatting/have to force myself to do it.

Legs are KILLING today though, walking as if I'm in a wild west movie atm at work lol

40. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    You weigh less than 70kg?