The weight training/fitness thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by chandtara, Sep 12, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Yh about 10st. I've always been naturally skinny/slim with an unnaturally fast metabolism.

2. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    How much do you want to bulk up to?

3. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Honestly speaking, dont really know man lol...havent really thought about an exact target in terms of weight im trying to get to. Thats more of a by-product of the 'gymnast like body' aim in working for

4. Renaissance

Renaissance Formerly Goliath

Apr 29, 2012
    Hey guys... just wondering if any of you are training etc during ramadan. I was thinking of doing it but wanted advice in terms of when to train. Was thinking of going gym an hour before iftaar and then breaking fast with water and protein shake and then eating after. Or is it better to drink eat and then train?

Want to lose weight

5. Pakistani4Life

Pakistani4Life Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2015
    My plan is probably to drink and eat a little bit then train and then feast for a while. Also try to get loads of water because in the summer months, it gets pretty hot and the lack of the water will be the hardest thing.

Last year, I filled a gallon container of water and as soon as I finished fast I would eat a small meal and pray. Then eat a smaller dinner or nothing and go straight to gym and get done and come home and eat more.

6. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Read Quran and namaz etc during Ramadan. Its a month like no other...use the remaining 11 to get the body you want!

7. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    I normally have light weights session before Iftari. It's quite difficult after Iftari.

8. Renaissance

Renaissance Formerly Goliath

Apr 29, 2012
    They are not mutually exclusive bro

9. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    True. Although the objective should be to get closer to creator. Alls I am saying is dont stress about the losing weight part :)

10. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    best way to lose weight is eat half portion of what you usually consume. fill the remaining part of your hunger with water, it helps a lot.

if you feel hungry still then eat some cashews or almonds.

besides the month of Ramazan do this,

eat Breakfast normal

skip Lunch completely. Only drink water if hungry and if needed some nuts cashews almonds

eat dinner but like I mentioned above half of what you normally consume.

Note: no snacks whatsoever btw meals

for Ramazan, eat a normal iftari then don't eat anything until Sehri. Eat half of what you normally eat in Sehri.

I would eat Sehri, 3 hours before my sleeping time, eating food and then going straight to bed makes you gain weight even if you are eating less. Don't sleep for at least 3 hours after eating. That's why I recommend to eat it before 3 hours your normal sleeping time in Ramazan. I usually sleep after Fajr in Ramazan so I go about like 1-2 am in the morning

for exercise, start slow. Start regular 3-5 km walks everyday. They help a lot.

11. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    also I don't go by this less oil less rice shit. that doesn't work and you end up giving up normally. just eat what you eat normally but go by the rules I posted. hope this helps

I lost 15 Kg ALHUMDU LILLA :) since January.

12. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    @Patriot that's a misconception.. U don't gain weight if you eat and sleep.. U don't gain or lose weight unless it has to do with calories. You don't eat before u go to bed because it causes Gerd.. Heart burn etc.

Normally humans burn around 500 calories during sleep.

13. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010

14. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    If you go to sleep directly after eating then it's bad for your body and weight control.

15. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Broscience. People vastly underestimate the calories they are consuming.

16. amirfanforlife

amirfanforlife Smooth Operator

Apr 19, 2012
    It does work, cutting out carbs helps a lot.

17. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    I haven't cut down on carbs like eating more green or having salad for at one time of the day. I've simply cut down the carbs I take on regular basis and that has done the trick for me.

18. amirfanforlife

Apr 19, 2012
    :oops:
    I guess everyone works differently!
    I've changed my diet a lot, no bread in the morning...Salad/vegetables with chicken etc, rather than chips/wedges/waffles.
    Can't remember the last time I actually had roti lol.

Oh and also eating before 6:30/7 helps a lot!

19. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Why do you want to look like a small flexibile man?

20. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    its about metabolism too, I don't think cutting out bread helps that much. One should always maintain a healthy diet and bread is very important for strength.
    If you want to cut something then cut sweet dishes.

I've heard about this eating before 6:30 rule but never tried it

The thing is you shouldn't lose weight that will haunt you after 10-15 years through pain and different diseases. A lot of aunts and cousins have reduced weight in 2-3 months by going through insane diet. In the end they do get their weight reduced but it comes with a price

21. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Bro gymnasts have awesome bodies.

[​IMG]

22. amirfanforlife

Apr 19, 2012
    I feel ok for now and I've been doing this for around 2 months. It's not like I've completely cut out carbs tbh. I just have weetabix for breakfast instead lol

Yep, sweet dishes have also been cut out. Except on special occasions like birthdays or something. Can't miss out on that :D

I agree. I don't do an insane diet like that, it's hard to do that when you're studying too! I always need something to nibble on through revision so I just replace chocolates/biscuits with fruit.

I wasn't really over weight or anything, I just put on some weight after marriage thanks to my husband wanting to eat out every other day. We've stopped doing that now as well lol

I think small changes help overall tbh

23. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    its hard to believe, usually its the wife who wants to do some kamchoori and eat out :p :p

24. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    This is the new Sreesanth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  26. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Why do that to yourself...looks disgusting/wrong.

Sreesanth did always over do things

27. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Not necessarily :p toned down like mad on my particular diet and it had carbs albeit low carb food, carbs are good for energy. If i went too long without it I was very weak and could not find myself to workout. Balance is good

28. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    A friend joined the Cambridge Diet. He has already lost 1.5st in two weeks by consuming just 800 calories per day.

29. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  30. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
  31. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    I have done the pull ups/chin ups etc with weight plates attached to waist and also used weight-training bands, but never seen these vests.

Look interesting though!

32. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
  33. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    The vests are a bit pricey, are they even durable? Since you are getting a new one again.

34. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Yes they are durable especiallly this one. Mine was not one you wore like a piece of clothing. Had to tie it on my body

35. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Why waste all that money on a vest...just use an old rucksack and stick weights in it...does the exact same job

36. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    Not as cool though ;p

37. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    I dont see the point here tbh. Is there any evidence these improve the workout? or help gain muscle mass? I cant imagine doing burpees or lunges wearing one, but maybe its just matter of trying and see if help?

38. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Just a fad and an expensive one at that. @Mohsin idea seems more feasible.

39. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Man, doing chin ups/dips with my burgundy backpack looked awesome (before my mum threw it away :( lol)

40. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Any tips for 8 pack abs?