1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

The weight training/fitness thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by chandtara, Sep 12, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    have been asked by a former international rugby player (south africa) to help him get back into shape after his career was ended by injury. came down saturday for a workout with weights followed by boxing, will be very interesting working with a high level athlete!

2. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    He's chosen the right man for the job! Your getting internationally recognised bro! So did someone recommend you?

3. SIMBA

SIMBA Youngsta Beauty

Oct 3, 2011
    You legend!

4. SIMBA

SIMBA Youngsta Beauty

Oct 3, 2011
    i remember talking to you ages ago like 5 plus years ago about training.

Your that proper hench guy rite?

5. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    i dont know - did you post on PCZ?

6. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    i wish lol
    a few weeks back a cousin of my friend asked him to get me to personal train him so i agreed and thought it was pretty easy so i advertised for PT on weekends only, this ex international saw my ad and met me and decided to go ahead with it. i have 3 people i train on weekends now its just an extra income really but i wouldnt complain if he put a good word in for me to anyone he knows lol

7. SIMBA

SIMBA Youngsta Beauty

Oct 3, 2011
    Yerr I did.

Good old PCZ :)

I remember talking to your bro Lahori aswel.

8. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    Bro just
    Not wish bro. There are no coincidences:), you work hard and its paying dividends. Great stuff.

9. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Maybe you can advice us here aswell. So how does one start training with, dumbbells :D

10. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    You pick it up.:D

11. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Oh that Mister, i have done many times. But the problem is then i need an ambulance to pick me up :p

Nah but seriously, what i am looking for is a basic beginners training guide. Something to warm up, make a diet / schedule, what exercises to do, because most of us dont even know our muscles properly im sure.

So lets say, what weight dumbbells should i get first, some simple videos to understand wot is it all about.

12. Strength Is Life

Strength Is Life Talented

Jun 20, 2012
    The only work out I do now is push up's. Because of my work timings this is the only thing I have been doing since the last few years. Initially when I started I could only do 5 push up's . But now I can do 100. My mantra was to simply just increase 1 push up a day. And it really worked.

I just love push up's. It is the most inexpensive, easy to do work out. When I say easy, I mean you dont need too much of space, equipment, trainer etc. Also it almost has an impact on every major part of your body like chest, shoulders, upper back, lower back, forearms, biceps, triceps etc.

I think it's a good idea to start off with push up's and then build on it.

Cheers.

13. SIMBA

SIMBA Youngsta Beauty

Oct 3, 2011
    I am not the best to advice..am sure there are much better people on here to advice.

However, split your work out into: Chest, bis (work out one), Back, Triceps (work out 2), legs, shoulders (work out 3). And dont forget cardio (do about 20 mins every other day)

There are a large amount of vdos on youtube that tell you what to do for each body part exercise. I suggest you look at them for technique. I also recommend you to focus on core exercises and not isolation exercises as a beginner to improve your core.

You can follow this guy who will go thro step by step in each video...he is like a personal trainer to you:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer.html

Diet wise: pack on the protein: chicken, beef, red meat, eggs, tuna,nuts etc...However take: fats and carbs aswel.

Try to train minimum three times a week to put on mass.

Good luck.

14. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    who were you on PCZ?
    always good to see a member again :)
    its the reason i joined this site, because of people like Chandtara and Wajid and other PCZ members who post here

15. SIMBA

SIMBA Youngsta Beauty

Oct 3, 2011
    I dont remember my old user name :(

Yepp, same....I was suprised to see a lot of.old PCZ users including: you.

16. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Whats your guys plans for Ramadan and training?

Im thinking start workout an hour/hour and half before Iftar time, as then ill be practically eating/drinking straight after my workout...

I would do it after Iftar, but i gotta go Taraveeh afterwards and it becomes a huge rush lol

17. SIMBA

SIMBA Youngsta Beauty

Oct 3, 2011
    Gna get membership at 24 hour gym :)

Erm, gna have iftar....read taravee...chill with the lads at a cafe...from there were all going to hit gym...probabky aroynd 1am....come home....have sehri...go asleep.

But gna make sure that I have plenty of fluids...focus will be on cardio and light, medium weights....not sooo intense.

18. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Aug 31, 2011
    waqared you absolute beast
    lol

yeah i just thought id post in this thread

follow a routine

6ft and weigh 80 kg with little or no fat at all, not enough though, i want to be atleast 90+ kg

19. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    You wanna be big bruv put those pathan genes to work:D Eat big and train big!

20. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Aug 31, 2011
    haha i dont want to become too big

parents told me to stop now before i over do it

but like i said 90KG would be ideal for somebody who 5 years ago was around 60 KG lol

21. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    Wajid is right, eat more and lift more.
    its a lot harder to add on good quality muscle without any fat than it is to bulk up and then trim down.
    i did it myself, i was 17st 7 at one point, which was very bulky and now im around 14st lean

22. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    Eat big and lift big.

23. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    You aint at risk of becoming too big. Putting on relatively clean mass is difficult. People say things like " i dont want to get too big" like its easily done. Ask waqared how difficult it is. Even if your taking steroids like dianobol and deca you still have to put in allot of effort.

24. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Nice gesture from the local gym again this year. They have opened the gym from midnight till 3 during Ramadhan for Muslims who will be fasting.

25. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    WaQaReD! I finally went back to the gym during ramadhan! Need a routine now. Will be aiming for 3 days a week. What do you recommend to do on each day? Looking to get a little lean and drop a stone (currently weigh 13) but would love to be around the 11 and a half 12 mark.
    Give us a advice on a good diet too.

26. Bella

Bella Youngsta Beauty

Jan 24, 2010
    What is your opinion on tabata training? I am female and do not want to be muscly, only toned.I don't need to lose weight.I only cycle and do zumba:p at the moment. I was thinking of getting one of those cycle trainer rollers that my outdoor cycle can fit on so I can use all the time.It's too dodgy going out alone around here ,you get idiots shouting things out at you and people have been attacked. I want to be able to exercise every day.
    http://tabatatraining.org/

27. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Look there is this myth that is perpetuated that getting 'muscular' can be done on a whim or by accident. It doesnt work like that. The female body builders that you see are on a concoction of steroids thats how they get naturally big......that and a shed load of hard work.
    Tabata training seems like a mix of calisthenics and HIIT?? Or am i wrong?

28. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
  29. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
  30. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    3 days a week bulk plus a heavy protien filled diet.

31. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    You need heavy carbs diet.

32. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    protein shake post workout.

33. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
  34. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Does it come good?

35. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    :rofl

Don't ask why i'm laughing!

36. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    Of course! your body consumes it very quickly though. Better off taking something which last longer in your system.

37. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
  38. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Not my opinion...

Just our fitness coach.

39. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Never tried it before..