The weight training/fitness thread

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by chandtara, Sep 12, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    I lifted weights after some time..boy it was hard..I am aching and drained out.

2. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Great work. Well done.

3. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Good stuff bro. You’re taking your time with this which is good. Now once you reach your goal make sure to maintain this lifestyle to keep ur goal weight.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Excellent work @ElRaja
    Hard work certainly pays off
    That is some achievement

5. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    i dont know what my goal weight is to be honest, i can still grab a fair amount of fat around my waist, chest and upper back, so that annoys me, i guess i've got maybe a stone or more to lose... but if i start putting on muscle ill get heavier.

6. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Have you guys noticed the meal/food after a heavy workout feels so satisfying. You feel like you have earned that food.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    It depends on how you are built. If you have a broad body then even 85 will look normal but if you have a shrinked body then even 75 will look bad.

You always need bit of fat on body as resistance incase you get ill or something. I would suggest to not lose anymore and convert thisextra stone or so into muscles

8. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
  9. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    No im 73kg lol.. i should be around 78-79 as most ppl say that i look ill lol.

When i checked my weight in gym, it was 61kg body mass and 12 fat which seems okay ??

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

10. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    How can you check body mass & fat separately?

11. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    The machine does itself lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

12. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Normally i dont have two consecutive days off from gym.. i take saturday and monday off but this time i didnt got saturday and sunday and it was a herculean task to do workout today. Absolutely drained now

13. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Bought a Functional Trainer/Smith Machine combo for home gym, and loving the variety of exercises. Also doing lot of bands training with Bionic body bar and bands on the beach. Loving it here in Oz.

14. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    update time, so after my last post i went on holidays to a country with no diet sodas, got back on to drinking sugar, kinda screwed up the diet and yoyod back up in weight over the course of a year.

im halfway between my fattest and lightest however i realised just dietary control was too difficult for me, so i took the plunge. i started going to the gym abt 7 or 8 weeks ago, first few weeks just getting used to the environment, went like 3 times in first month, since have upped it to twice a week.

given my own ignorance abt everything decided to fork out for a PT, which was a wise choice, there was a load of imbalance in my body, some muscles shockingly weak to the point i couldn't even do sets of the lightest weights.

i moved on to 2 times a week after the first month, also the workouts have built up to the point ive gotten on to super setting with compound movements and i'm feeling stronger. especially focusing on specific weaknesses ive had for a long time.

the greatest effect however has pbly been mental tho, just feel great for abt 24 hours after gym, laughing, joking, enjoying things, to the point i start missing it soon after, lol. its a great high.

am looking to up it to three times a week in the coming month, and eventually to 4 with one lighter cardio focused session.

so in a nutshell my advice to anyone thinking abt getting fit, join a gym. if u can afford it get a pt, if u cant, then still get a pt for a few sessions. its a science and everyone's body is unique so the input is invaluable for any newbies like me.

15. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Damn man how can people do this and feel like this. i am lazy as shit cant get to work around to do workout. lucky ppl.

16. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    I rate anyone who does it consistently for years without sacrificing living a normal life. It is a great high though but i lack the discipline to go consistently. When i was 18 my whole friend group used to go together so there was a lot of rivalry and gains etc but the group splintered and only some stayed consistent, I was not one of them lol. Even before Ramadan I was at a good weight but since then I've gone big again. The PT advice is good but there's a lot of frauds out there too so be aware.

17. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    @Disco Lemonade

i felt exactly the same way, but you do anything for about 2 months without fail and it starts to become a compulsion, i dont want to go into too much detail but i find it very therapeutic from a mental health pov, humans, men especially arent meant to sit around in front of a desk all day, the hormonal and mood effects are very negative long term from what i understand.

@Pakistanalltheway

heres a basic checklist to spot if you're PT is a dud imo

1. are they punctual? easiest giveaway of a lack of professionalism.

2. how much time in the hour are they actually assessing and directing you? if they are getting you to do stuff you can do on your own, i.e. running on a treadmill for 20 out of your 60 minutes every time with them, red flag.

3. do they pander to you're ego? if they identify weaknesses they should tell you and make you do ego shattering exercises, a good pt will work on your weaknesses before improving your strengths.

4. do they touch you unexpectedly? lol, sounds dodgy but a PT is there to teach you how to train in a safe way, if they aren't adjusting your form when your struggling, chances are they aren't watching you closely enough.

5. are they invested in you? when you make an improvement do they seem genuinely excited? do they value you learning enough to not need them eventually?