Time to rest/drop Amir?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by CricketFan96, Feb 20, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. axl100mph

axl100mph Emerging Player

Nov 23, 2016
    Screenshot_20170302-062946.png

2. aliasad1998

aliasad1998 Youngsta Beauty

Dec 7, 2016
    Comfortably our best fast bowler

3. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    Nah, he aint no match for them 80-year-old studs.

4. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    Nope Wahab is our best bowler than Sohail Khan.

5. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Test: Imran Khan > Wahab > Amir.

ODI: Hasan Ali >> Amir.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    @axl100mph Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn :D

7. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    It doesnt matter what you think, you jabbrony.

8. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    Ok.

9. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Sohail
    Rumman
    Hasan
    Wahab
    Sami

Have all outbowled him and taken more wickets too. A strike bowler is judged for taking wickets lol

10. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    One good performance doesn't change the fact that for the better part, he has been mediocre and has lacked impact. It has been a year now, all the excuses are running dry. Have the guts to admit that he has been well below expectations, just like I have the guts to admit that Shehzad has turned things around and is looking like a different player, even though I was a major critic.

If I see spark in Amir's bowling, I will say it. However, I am not interested in making excuses for a player who is extremely overhyped at the moment.

11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Indeed, he's not the same bowler which he was in 2010. So who should we replace him with?

What do you propose?

12. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    I didn't say that he should be dropped, did I? However, that does not make him immune to criticism and it does not mean that his good performances should be overrated and his poor performances should be neglected, even though his poor performances far outweigh his good performances.

All I'm saying is, let's call a spade what it is. Just because others are worse than him does not make him any good.

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    You very much sounded like you want him dropped that's why I asked.

Of course, he's not at the same level as Starc or Boult but he's one of the best available option we've.

And as for performance, I don't think people are raving about his bowling (except some of this die-hard fans). His bowling has been decent with up's and down's but wicket's column still looks very lean.

14. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    He is not one of the best we have. What rubbish logic is this? If he ain't performing well, drop him, give other youngsters a go, some will fire someday. Why you make him look undroppable? Let him knock at the door of the selectors via solid domestic performances.

15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Without coming with a rational is actually what's called "rubbish logic" Don.

If Wahab, Hackfeez, Nawaz, Malik, Rizwan and Imad can be automatic choice without performances or one in a blue moon performance then surly Amir warrants his selection too.

I never said he's undroppable or automatic choice. If you can name his replacement(s) then by all means, lets swap them. But name somebody for once instead of moaning that "give other youngsters a go, some will fire someday". Aren't we waiting for that "someday" since decades?

Indeed, he's not as good as many have though after returned. Some hypothetically pretended that he'll bowling as he was his pre-banned after few games, which isn't the case as well, but definitely not as bad as what I am reading here either. Every bowler has good days and bad days, people take him to cleaners on his bad days, but they just don't visit those threads on his good days at all, which is a bit double standard to me.

Amir is a swing bowlers, so genuinely he'll struggle in UAE. However, some balls in his first spell are really good. And that's why he has 2 maidens so far & his % of dots are also high, which indicates in rhythm. He is still a top bowler to score off, but those loose boundary balls that costing his stats.

Last but not the least, KK has some smart people in the squad and management (maybe even smarter than you, me and many around here), including Arthur, Sanga, Malik, Mahela etc and if they're playing him in every match despite he's not making impact as per many posters, despite his poor states, then I do believe they would've a valid reason and justification for his selection.

Actually you sound totally opposite compare to his fan club (who want him in the team all the time), who want him out even if his figures are decent.

16. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    Here is your quote from the first page.
    As most sane people allude to, that a work in progress Amir is a better bowler than all of our options, so there is no point of rambling and ranting for no reason.

And nobody is overrating his performances. Me and @Rhythm have noted that he is making strides and developing well after a 5 year gap and we can see that if he gets back to his full potential, he will be a handful.

And as far as the progress is concerned, even a blind man can gauge that his run-up/action and the resulting pace and swing have improved since the Eng tour.
    You say that this was the first time he bowled like a strike bowler.
    Well, where were you during his spells on the flatties of Brisbane and Perth in the odi series?
    In fact, he bowled better there than what he managed yesterday.
    Cast back to how bad he looked during the NZ tour on those frickin rainforests.

Is everything black n white for you? What about relativity?

All you do is support an unpopular narrative which keeps you in the spotlight.

And by the way, you should calm down with your Shehzad campaign because he has the same weaknesses he had before.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    On what basis is Amir better than all our options? Disgusting blind following.

He is not in a development program. He has been mediocre so far, so deserves to be dropped. He should make his way back into the team through proper merit. We should try new bowlers, who have been rotting in domestic cricket.

18. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    How can you even ask 'who is his replacement?' question in the first place? Shocking. You ask such questions only for overall good performers, Amir doesn't deserve this question in the first place.

19. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Bla bla bla...drop him drop him drop him, because bunch of posters/keyboard warriors don't like him...

You didn't even name a single bowler who should replace him so I wouldn't take this discussion serious anymore.

Send him to domestic and he'll come back as the strongest performer (like you claim for inept Shehzad) then what will you do?

20. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    They are crap.

21. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    First read my post, he doesn't deserve this question 'Who will be his replacement?' in the first place.

If he comes out as the strongest performer, then select him again.

22. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    Hypothetical statement.

23. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Stop talking like a 10 years old Don and come up with some suggestions, names and rational.

You've bigger things to worry about other than Amir. First find out replacements of Wahab and ideally 4th seamer then worry about Amir.

I can clearly smell biasness in your post against him.

24. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    I was talking about PSL not Pakistan. He has been a flop for Karachi and he deserves to be dropped rather than rested. As far as Pakistan is concerned, there is no option of a draft in international cricket so we have to stick with his impact-less bowling for the time being because he has more upside than the other bowlers. That however, does not change the fact that he has been ordinary. I am not interested in what you or someone else thinks about him, I am not new to this sport. Same goes for Shehzad. Please note that I am not trying to diss your opinion because you are entitled to them, but don't try to convince me otherwise because I have seen his bowling as much as you have.

25. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Why haven't you joined the wrestling ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    What do you mean?o_O

27. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014