1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Umar Akmal lands himself in trouble...again

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by s_h_a_f, Feb 2, 2020.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    ESPNcricinfo understands Umar's behavior fell short of the mark during the skin-fold test, when he exposed himself completely in front of the trainer and is said to have asked him "Where is the fat?" According to Kamran, Umar did it in mischief and said it was simply a "misunderstanding". The PCB confirmed to ESPNcricinfo that they were fully aware of the matter, and looking at potential punishments in the context of bringing the game into disrepute. Umar could potentially be axed from the upcoming domestic one-day cup.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...s-test?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    LOOOOOL This guy is something else, and his brother thinks he’s his lawyer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    I said it on twitter and I say it again. UA seems to have mental issues and needs to be checked out. Being serious.

4. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Really? What a tool this guy is.

5. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    aaaahahahahahahahaha

6. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    What a clown Umar is

7. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    roflmao.... Akmal going comando lol.

8. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    "If it's about charbi then how come Harris Sohail is in the team?"
    ^^
    That was more of a logical argument that Umar Akmal should've come up with, instead of getting all naked and proving a latest research where scientist proved that monkeys who howler the loudest have the smallest of balls.

9. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
  10. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    He exposed himself completely in front of the trainer and is said to have asked him "Where is the fat?

The trainer responded, "erm... its hanging a little right there"

11. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    How was kami defending this? In what world is this funny?

12. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Kami says this is a misunderstanding. I mean the dude is literally standing butt naked infront of his trainer (who didn't ask him to do this), what is there to misunderstand?

13. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Kami thought that the trainer was coming onto Umar and he was just reciprocating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Roflllll man ew

15. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    What a jobber. I dont think he will ever play again for Pakistan.

16. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    why dont the Akmals start a reality show

call it "Keeping up with The Akmals"

career made and good income for life

17. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    agree. he's finished.

18. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    It's just weird. I mean if you did that in the UK forget about your England and county career you would get put on the sex offenders register. This has even happened to school children who thought stripping naked was 'banter'. He's not a child anymore. He needs to grow up.

These people are same who sit on shows and criticise. I'm a big believer that before criticising someone else you should correct yourself. I don't know how I would defend this action to be honest.

19. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    And then they give Sajdas in the ground too.

20. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan’s out-of-favour wicketkeeper Umar Akmal could face disciplinary action after he reportedly asked a trainer “where is the fat” while exposing himself completely during a fitness test. The matter has been reported to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and according to an ‘ESPNcricinfo’ report, they are fully aware of the incident that took place at the National Cricket Academy and are looking at potential punishments for bringing the game into disrepute.

The junior Akmal, who is reported to have exposed himself in frustration after failing to pass one of the fitness tests, is now faced with the prospect of being banned from the country’s next domestic tournament.

He is said to have asked a staff “bataye charbee kaha hain (tell me where is the fat)”.

Fitness has been an issue with the Akmal brothers for several years now with Umar falling out with the PCB on the same grounds during Mickey Arthur’s time as head coach.

This comes at a time when the PCB, under the stewardship of former captain Misbah-ul-Haq, has pledged its commitment to maintaining high fitness standards not just in international but also in domestic cricket.

As per Misbah’s instructions, each provincial side is required to regulate fitness tests on a quarterly basis.

Umar’s elder brother Kamran, who himself skipped two fitness tests, before failing in nearly all departments when he finally did take one, said the incident at the NCA was simply a “misunderstanding”.

Once seen as a bright prospect, Umar scored a century on Test debut against New Zealand in 2009, and remained a regular feature for some years until poor form and fitness led to him being dropped in favour of Sarfaraz Ahmed.

In 16 Tests, Umar made 1003 runs with one century and six fifties. While in 121 ODIs, he has 3194 runs with two centuries -- the best being 102 not out.

In 84 T20 Internationals, Akmal has made 1690 runs with the highest score of 94 and eight half-centuries to his name.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...-punishment/story-aQsS53uBrtY2tfRJzJ6w7M.html

21. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Kamran Akmal says he (Umar Akmal) was joking.

Veteran Pakistan wicketkeeper-batsman Kamran Akmal has come out in defence of his younger brother Umar, who is facing a ban for allegedly misbehaving at a fitness test, saying he was just joking and didn’t intend to offend anyone. Out-of-favour wicket-keeper Umar, who has a history of landing himself in controversies, apparently made some crude remarks to the trainer Yasir when the skin-folding test was being conducted at the National Cricket Academy.

The matter has been reported to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and Umar now faces the prospect of being banned from the country’s next domestic tournament.

“Umar and Yasir have studied together and are friends so I think whatever Umar said was in a lighter mood and he didn’t have any intention to misbehave with anyone,” Kamran said on the Gsports show on GTV News Channel.

Kamran too finds himself in a spot of bother with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) after he skipped two fitness tests and failed when he finally appeared for the test.

The two brothers remain out of favour with the national selectors and a source said that the matter had been brought to the notice of the PCB which was now conducting an inquiry and would take appropriate action.

“Umar could find himself banned from playing in the coming national one-day championship,” the source said.

Kamran said they know the importance of maintaining high fitness standards and were working hard on their fitness levels to meet the new required standards set by the Pakistan team management.

“But as usual this incident has been overblown in the media. Because Umar didn’t do anything intentionally. He was just joking,” said Kamran, who last played for Pakistan in 2017 in the West Indies.

“But if the PCB feels in its inquiry he has done something wrong they should caution and reprimand him. He can also apologize but a ban would be very harsh,” he said.

About his failing the fitness test, Kamran said he had been playing cricket for the last 20-years and had always given his best on the field.

“Even this season I have constantly played in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy and the national T20 championship without any problems with my match fitness and I have also performed well,” said the 38-year-old. “I just think nowadays there is over stress on fitness rather than on improving match skills of players,” added Kamran, who has played 53 Tests, 157 ODIs and 58 T20 internationals for Pakistan.

Kamran, 38, said that the players should be given a chance to prepare for this tests.

“But I or Umar have no issues with trying to meet the new fitness standards. The new tests are pretty tough for anyone so I think players must be given a chance to prepare for these tests.”

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...-was-joking/story-wVpwYHZTgf9sIGU04L9zyH.html

22. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Huh, ya dono insan ka bacha nahi banien ga I supposed.

Just put a ban on these jerks to participate in any kind of cricket.

23. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    This is the joke of the century - I am now 1000% certain that he doesn't know what is "FAT" ...

24. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    He shouldn’t do

25. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    Was the trainer female or male ?

26. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    So when you take off your pants and show your "short comings", and ask the question, show me where is the fat? Then you are actually claiming that whatever you got on display is very skinny.

27. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Kamran will always defend his brother. Lol

28. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    does it even matter ?

29. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    Just curious to know.

30. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    I dont know why thats important for you to know but know this

its not ok by any means to strip naked in front of the same sex

31. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    I haven’t said anything further, was just curious to know, thats it, so put your loudspeaker down :D

32. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Next, we will see Rahkeem Cornwall, taking off his clothes and telling Umar Akmal, "Here is the fat".

33. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
    https://www.pcb.com.pk/press-release-detail/pcb-statement-on-umar-akmal-incident.html