Umar Akmal lashed out at his critics

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Apr 16, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan batsman Umar Akmal has lashed out at his critics, saying they should not criticise him over his personal life

“If I am not in the selectors’ plan I don’t mind, I have more cricket in me, I will keep performing insha’Allah and if Allah wills, I will make them select me again,”. “I don’t want to dwell on the past, I want to look ahead, I have a lot of cricket left in me.

“I have remained out of the team for a long time. All the senior players who I’ve played with who come on TV and say things, I would like to say to them that I’ve played cricket with them and I also know about them [from] A to Z. Every player has respect, don’t damage that respect. Criticise, I have no problem with that, but don’t [attack] my personal life.

“I am fond of music, I don’t hide it from anyone. I have said it in many interviews, my family knows where I go and what I do, if my family doesn’t have any problem with it then no one else should.

“I am known for my cricket, if I perform well then no one talks about it and instead they talk about my personal life. So my request is to talk about the cricket [and] don’t damage my personal life.”

“To all the senior cricketers that have played alongside me, and the way they come on to the media discussing me, I just want to tell them that I too know a lot of things about them as well. Every player has a respect that should not be damaged, they can criticize me on my performance I am not against that but they should not hit my personal life,” said Umar, while talking to local media.

“My job is to perform like all other players, the rest depends on the chief selector, cricket captain and the head coach,” he was quoted as saying by the Business Recorder. “If I am not in their plans then I don’t mind it because I still have a lot of cricket left in me.”

https://battingwithbimal.com/2019/04/16/why-umar-akmal-lashed-out-at-critics/

https://www.brecorder.com/2019/04/1...l-hits-backs-at-critics-for-personal-attacks/

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I am not sure which "personal attack" he is referring to, hope this doofus is not trying to say that let me do whatever I want after the game, because he was fined by PCB after breaking the team’s curfew during that ODI series against Australia.

Instead of playing victim mentality cards, you should heed towards your game and fitness/fatness you clown.

3. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010

See, this is the hypocrisy I hate.
    "Inshallah" and "Allah, Allah" in every other sentence, ground pe Sajday aur raat ko night club mein dance. Kiya ghattiya zehniyat aur attitude hai.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Excuse me? Who are you to judge what's in his heart and how feels about God and what his relationship is? Do you not sin on a daily basis? Perhaps you aren't religious, but even those that are, sin on a daily basis and it is up to God to forgive them.

Absolutely unnecessary to comment on his feelings towards God and his activities.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    What you are describing is not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is to claim to have a moral standard that you yourself don't follow. It is not the same as being a "weak" or fallible follower of a faith, which every person is by some standard, which is why it is best not to judge others. And being a weak follower doesn't mean that you have to abstain from all practice of faith in public including being grateful to the creator after achieving some personal milestone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    post your browser history here.

7. TaQvinaToR

TaQvinaToR Youngsta Beauty

Sep 28, 2018
    When this moron knows that he has disciplinary issues than why create unnecessary attention. Umer Akmal is mental, in the same interview he mentioned that I am consider on a level of Virat Kohli.. virat ki jooh kay barabar bhi nahi hai yah bawla

8. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Well said.

9. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Precisely. And that is the sole reason why he should not be near the WC squad. I wouldn't mind him playing the bilateral T20Is but his brain scope will never go beyond 20 overs.

10. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Whatever is in his heart, he can keep it to himself.
    I am not a fan of giving show off sajdas during the day in front of public, and visiting nights to dance with girls by breaking the team curfew hours.

He can shove his feeling of heart up his rear end and I don't care.

11. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Exactly.
    Giving those Sajdas in public is a postural figure of speech that doesn't sit well with this breaking of team curfew and visiting night clubs. You can call it "Weak follower of faith" - I call it hypocrite.

Whatever is in his heart, he can shove it up his rear end.

I am confident that Hashim Amla and Moin Ali are practically better Muslims than him - never saw them giving this public show off Sajdas after hitting a 50 against Afghanistan.

12. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Will do it if you see me giving public show off Sajdas.

13. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    you are criticizing someone for this. I have every right to call you out