Umar Akmal should apologize to the nation and retire from cricket!!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Shahzad.Firdous, Mar 21, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    This selfish man wanted to bat up the order and he was given his wish and he dint perform and ruined what was last chance for Misbah, Younus and Afridi. I think he needs to apologize to the nation for it and retire from cricket. Just to put his performance before u, from slanka tour where he got chances at No, 4 he disappointed us there, then he disappointed us against Aus i think then he did the same against new zealand in uae , then again in newzealand series and played the entire world cup and u can check his stats to confirm what i am talking about!! Time to get rid of Akmal virus once and for all!! i have nothing against these Akmals but this chota Akmal if u dont perform u shouldnt be in the team!!

2. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    "wanted to bat up the order and was given his wish"

Batting positions:

v India - 6
    v West Indies - 7
    v Zimbabwe - 5
    v UAE - 6
    v South Africa - 6
    v Ireland -5
    v Australia - 5

3. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I dont think apologies for players for lack of performance are necessary. If they are giving it their all then they can only do as much as their abilitied allow them too.

Apologies are only warranted when misconduct or actions that bring the team into disrepute take place.

4. Johan P

Johan P Youngsta Beauty

May 1, 2014
    I thought he got out to a shot that he should back himself to play every single time. Wouldn't fault him for yesterday's play. Sometimes it doesn't come off.

5. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    He doesn't have the temperament to play down the order, especially with someone unreliable like Afridi to follow. We need to put him at the top of the order and let him find his way instead of pushing him to permanently fit a mold that doesn't work for him. I say let him open, he's much better than any opener would could find. A spark at the top of the innings also puts pressure on the other team.

6. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Send him back to tape ball Cricket. Not good enough for International cricket.

7. shainz

shainz Talented

Apr 8, 2012
    No doubt he played lower down but he got so many chances & overs to bat with continuous failures of top order that ain't an excuse problems remains he hasn't got in him to build on innings his shot selection Has been very poor from day one one, can't rely on just being talented u need to put in hard work to correct your weakness which sadly no Pakistani batsmen appears to have time or the will to do likes of shezad akmal maqsood jamshed all have technical issues which they need to work on or else they will keep on disappointing us :mad:

8. BoYDoC

BoYDoC Youngsta Beauty

Mar 11, 2015
    Umar Akmal will remain the most promising young talent till the day he retires....

9. BoYDoC

BoYDoC Youngsta Beauty

Mar 11, 2015
    Unfortunately, thats all he will remain!

10. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    Knowing the Pakistani Cricket Board , They might well make him the Captain

11. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Batting average has dropped down alarmingly. A big disappointment he has been.

12. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
  13. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Why is everyone picking on this grinning monkey. He did what he does, what we knew hed do. Blame the selectors.

14. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    I thought you were retiring, Shehzad?

15. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    Mate you should apologise for your blind backing of Younis Khan in ODI's and how you think Imran Khan is perfection and there's nothing wrong with him.

16. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Because if u look at everyone else's performance, everybody has been performing except Umar Akmal. If u see the career stats of Ahmed Shahzad, Ahmed Shahzad has around 7 tons in 60 odis already and even in this tournament he got a 90 and a 60 and a 47 against india. his performance was effected by general non performance of others and his first exposure to Aus pitches but still he performed better than some others.
    If we move onto next, Sarfaraz well no discussion on him reqd!!
    Next, Harris Sohail he had performed in UAE recently and he got a 70 and a 47 so he still performed.he missed couple of games i guess. he got a start against india too. but he should have been batting at 5 rather than 3 and at No,. 3 Younus should have played who would have got a ton in QF against Aus as per my prediction.
    Then, Misbah he was our best batsman in the tournament with around 350 runs with 4-5 fifties. As usual very consistent.
    Then come the two culprits - Umar Akmal and Sohaib Maqsood. Both were below par as far as i am concerned but i will give benefit to Sohaib cus it was the first time he disappointed in his short career so far so ill give him a bit of a leeway. But still now he also needs to prove his worth. Law is equal for everybody!!
    Shahid Afridi - he was below par with ball and with bat he was as usual we dont expect anything from his bat in any case but with ball also he was disappointing but i guess he is already retiring so why shoot him. his non performance dint cost us the quarter final it was the fault of the batsmen because of whom we lost the QF!!
    Younus Khan - he hardly got 3 games so not enuff to form an opinion./ he deserved the chance as it was probably his last world cup but since he dint get any chances so we cant blame him!!
    Pacers - they all did their job handsomely!!

17. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    haan retire to ho rahe hein but jab bhi kisi company ka CEO CFO Director or in even in any case even a small employee if he is retiring he goes after resolving all the matters he has created and after settling all the issues he goes. no use ke ghar ko bikhra hua chor ke banda chale jaye warna phir office wale saara time usi ko koste rehte hein pata hai kaisa bera garak karke chala gaya LOL!!

18. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Younus Khan to QF mein khela hi nahi us ko to mushkil se 3 matches mile hein world cup mein umar akmal 7 matches khela us ne kiya perform kiya yeh batao!! Imran Khan mein aisi konsi baat hai jo perfection nahi hai? Jo woh cricket pe opinion deta hai woh pathar pe lakir ban jata hai us ne 2011 WC mein bol ke Rehman ko replace karwa kar Saeed Ajmal ko khilwaya tha jab ke us waqt Rehman lead spinner tha but Imran Khan identified the true potential of Ajmal@@@

19. Invictus

Invictus Talented

Feb 15, 2010
    What the hell is up with "apologize to the nation bullshit" ? Yesterday Wahab "apologized to the nation" for losing the game. People loose half the country in Pakistan and don't apologize but cricketers are asked to apologize ?
    Its a game at the end of the day. You win some you loose some. No need to apologize to anyone. If a player keeps failing they pay by losing their place.
    Man our fans are some of the most entitled aholes I have ever met. A player doesn't owe YOU anything. Jeebus sometimes I am glad I am a fat guy with no talent. If I had made it as a cricketer I would have surely killed a fan or two by now.

20. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    phele is pe to perform kar ke dikhao 5 was a promotion from his usual No. 6- No. 7

21. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Shahzad.Firdous the title should be replaced to Younus Khan with Umar Akmal.

22. raamishasadraza

raamishasadraza Talented

Feb 25, 2014
    lol the problem is he gets out on the same shot, when he lofts to midwicket. he doesnt want to correct his mistakes. even in 2011 wc he still played the same shots and got out

23. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Neither as talented nor as much a wastrel as people usually say. An above-average good batsman

24. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    He is probably below being a 'good' batsman at the moment. 'Decent' is the best way to describe him.

25. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
  26. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    An Akmal never retires.